Hua Hin Immigration making it difficult to get emergency extension.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've already told friends a year ago NOT to waste their money in Thailand.

Now with all the Farang hate news, foreigners would be inane to bring money to such a country with a dual price system.

The Chinese brought the virus and prostitutes helped a lot to spread it to foreigners here.

These on the other hand brought it back to their countries.

And now you can read more and more posts that Frarangs were the cause of Covid 19? 

Most people in this country do not know that Thailand would be similar to Burma without the tourist $$$.

And that all happened to get a few baht out of Chinese people?

The government should be ashamed. 

Is it weed or something else that would cause horrible post. It has no credibility what so ever. As for your rant about Chinese and working girls. That just demonstrates your off the wall. 

State facts not bias and fiction. Very sad post.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The government should be ashamed. 

If it was a gubmint it would be ashamed,but it's not it's a barmy,a barmy that hates foreigners and is not much interested in the ordinary people because the ordinary people are mostly poor Up country folk who probably didn't vote for them and once wore red until it was made illegal so the vendetta is being executed with vicious precision. 

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Immigration is ruining this country for tourism and retirement.

There are plenty of countries with more to offer than Thailand and welcome visitors and retirees...

could not agree more; reflects the general thai supidity and the past couple generations of thai culture producing sub par products

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I have check list also. The answers accrue points.

No living family 100 points

Nice family from Issan with no brothers or buffalo deduct 50.

Have job with money nil invoid. I want travel. 

Have brothers = Void.

My wife has two brothers who live nearby, and none of them has ever asked me for anything except to borrow my motorbike only once. 

8 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

That is shocking but shows why Thailand is a nothing country on the world stage and even within Asia other Asians don't regard them as much.

I'm afraid you're right. Whatever Thailand produces can be replaced by other countries; whether it's rice, cars, motorcycles, fruit and even tourism. So in that sense, if Thailand disappeared off the map, or even just nobody visited the country or traded with it, we wouldn't feel anything. Vietnam and Indonesia can make cars and motorcycles. Tropical fruit can be sourced from Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia. Rice can come from India or Vietnam. Nothing Thailand produces or offers is irreplaceable or can't be sourced from elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hua  Hin doesnt have control over  this, if  they have to send it to BKK they have to  follow  what BKK says,  Ive always found  them pretty  good  at  Hua  Hin , some of the staff  there really dont like the situation but  they know they will  lose their  job if they say anything.....in conversation with my Wife 2  weeks  ago....not in their  office

3 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I'm afraid you're right. Whatever Thailand produces can be replaced by other countries; whether it's rice, cars, motorcycles, fruit and even tourism. So in that sense, if Thailand disappeared off the map, or even just nobody visited the country or traded with it, we wouldn't feel anything. Vietnam and Indonesia can make cars and motorcycles. Tropical fruit can be sourced from Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia. Rice can come from India or Vietnam. Nothing Thailand produces or offers is irreplaceable or can't be sourced from elsewhere.

culture, temples, smiles.....................just  kidding!

2 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

Believe real problem is inconsistency of various immigration offices. There needs to be a countrywide policy that can be printed and posted online.

Never going to happen. The more vague something is or the more 'open to interpretation' something is, the more cracks there will be and the more can be shoved into those cracks. At least some of that will be revenue-generating opportunities.

Uniformity of the application of laws and/or regulations is the enemy of corruption. Vagueness and 'interpretation' which can be made to sound reasonable in the unlikely event that somebody may inquire, are all opportunities for making money.

Welcome to the matrix, welcome to Thailand. All is not as it might seem to be. And remebre that corruption in Thailand has been estimated as being up to 40% of GDP, which is why all government jobs in Thailand are desirable.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Hua  Hin doesnt have control over  this, if  they have to send it to BKK they have to  follow  what BKK says,  Ive always found  them pretty  good  at  Hua  Hin , some of the staff  there really dont like the situation but  they know they will  lose their  job if they say anything.....in conversation with my Wife 2  weeks  ago....not in their  office

Your observation strengthens the sneaking suspicion I have that the 10-point list of requirements for the emergency extension that has popped up in several immigration offices in different regions of the country with identical text and format has been suggested by immigration headquarters.

• Like 1

Just now, Maestro said:

Your observation strengthens the sneaking suspicion I have that the 10-point list of requirements for the emergency extension that has popped up in several immigration offices in different regions of the country with identical text and format has been suggested by immigration headquarters.

In reports I have seen the worst ones have been in the central region of the country that is under Immigration Division 3. Bangkok is not so bad since they are under division 1.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In reports I have seen the worst ones have been in the central region of the country that is under Immigration Division 3. Bangkok is not so bad since they are under division 1.

ubonjoe,

could you please elaborate on the immigration division zones?

e.g. what is the zone number for Chiang Mai and nearby provinces?

How does that zone compare to others?

Thanks

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I will cut you slack with post total of 3. 

Crazy advice. You would be put in detention. Given amount of road blocks very possible.

BTW they deport you when possible at your cost after the court case.

It was a feeble joke. But they should show more humanity but I doubt they have much of that. 

All right, most of us has seen the request list. Now let's make the best of it - could you guys help me clear up some of the bullet points? 

546789242_visaext.thumb.jpg.60b14e1e6a3a2a3a48c79f33b3efc259.jpg

Point 1 - I'm being e-mailed the embassy letter. Do we have any experience of people being declined not being in color ("not original")? 

Point 7 - I have copy of owner ID. What is the copy of house registration? What's the Thai name for it? 

Point 9 - What is this certificate? The certificate I made via the Immigration office before being able to apply for a driving license? (photos, copy of rental contract etc.) 

Point 10 Have we heard about anyone receiving 30 days without having the owner dragged down to the immigration office? I have a pretty non-complaint owner of the condo. 

7 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

I have been coming to Thailand since 1968, sadly after my experience the last time with an utterly rude, arrogant Thai Immigration officer (female) I will be going to the Phillipines when this Pandemic is finished, Farangs are fleeing Thailand for Vietnam,Cambodia and the Phillipines.

Edwin,fully agree with you.had same problem.been to immigration twice and got same female both times.if I get her tomorrow im doomed

7 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Most people in this country do not know that Thailand would be similar to Burma without the tourist $$$.

Since Thailand's PPP (purchasing power parity) is about 3 X that of Myanmar I can't really agree with your assessment.  If you completely discard 20% of Thailand's GDP as being derived from tourism, they would still dwarf Myanmar.

Don't forget the affects one of the world's longest civil wars or 50+ years of military rule have had on Myanmar.

March 31st. I went to Krabi Immigration. I was prepared for two approaches.

1. All docs required for a One year Extension of Stay (EoS) B Visa One year Multi-Entry with WP.

2. American Embassy Letter for a 30 day Extension (which clearly stated it was only for tourist seeking an Extension) 

Amazingly I got the 30 day Covid Extension. I signed my name 8 times, paid 2000 Baht... Total wait and processing time 1.5 hours. The staff were nice, polite and helpful including the slim trim Boss lady who had a service pistol on her hip (caught my attention) ????.

To me it seems that Immigration has given up trying to make it logical that everyone should have just magically left Thailand already. It has become way to late in the game for anyone to ignore the obvious. Twelve - Fourteen days ago - I believe Denial would have been the result.

I got 15 + 15 days. Have to go back to be stamped in for the other 15 days. Ridiculous! "Under Consideration" - For What? Begrudgingly granting me 30 days by divided it in two parts (requiring another visit) shows their contempt hidden under the smiles. 

TiT. 

I did not use the Extension of Stay option because I have 12 months left on my Visa (9+3). Plus I have invested a 5000 Baht Fee in Penang and another 4000 in Travel, hotels, etc. Running a business on a B Visa rather than an one year Extension of Stay means freedom from local immigration pettiness during the year. I could only use the EoS option because I run my business meeting all requirements. 

16 hours ago, teatime101 said:

A lot of people queuing for extensions are long stay expats with properties. They've been spending their money here for a very long time. Why make life hell for them?

Surely these people will have one year extensions and as such only need to attend once a year too. 

It is those with shorter POSs struggling to stay legal and avoid dreaded overstay. They should not even need to pursue a special 30 day extension at all but be given an automatic 3 month suspension of requirements. 

• Like 1