Hua Hin Immigration making it difficult to get emergency extension.

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

They do....ask any european where all the sexpats go.....although the phillipines are also hot last years.

True, but not all expats are sexpats, there are many reasons why foreigners come to live in Thailand, though I think it's fair to say that scholarship and intellect are not very high on the list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

This can be the only explanation.

They know there are still planes leaving.  They know that many farang technically can leave (even though it means returning to a country where they have nothing and no one to return to and will probably catch corona on the journey).

They would rather farang were dead or homeless in their home countries than allow them to safely wait out the crisis in Thailand.

It's very sad.

But true enough.  Still, it reflects the reality that even if the foreigners are not welcome, their money is. I don't go so far as to say (as my acquaintances did) that Thais have always got their hands out, once they get to know you, though it probably seemed that way to him.

• Like 1

wow, that's Kafkaesque what I'm reading here ....I just had my extension done today in Bangkok -- long wait, but only needed the standard stuff: copies of passport, one picture, and TM7 form. I stay in a rented house by the way, gave the address, and no one asked me any questions or additional information.

6 minutes ago, rudidep said:

wow, that's Kafkaesque what I'm reading here ....I just had my extension done today in Bangkok -- long wait, but only needed the standard stuff: copies of passport, one picture, and TM7 form. I stay in a rented house by the way, gave the address, and no one asked me any questions or additional information.

Was that the first extension or the second one?

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

I was in the Hua Hin office this morning renewing my extension based on retirement, it had been refused yesterday because the bank letter was more than a week old, the letter had been locked in the bank when the shopping mall was closed by the Governor, when I was able to retirieve it, the date was more than seven days old, so it seems the letter couldn't be used, we had to return to the bank and get a new letter with exactly the same information but with a new date, wasted four and a half hours yesterday.

I did ask the IO if she was aware that there was a global emergency and people were seeking help which other Immigration staff around the world were happy to provide, she ignored me and waved me away repeating her demand for me to get a new letter.

I witnessed over the hours I was there the utter contempt that was shown to regular tourists, families with young children, older couples and a few elderly men and women who could hardly stand up, the demands seemed to have been made up on the hoof, made no operational sense and were ridgedly enforced. 

People were being told that their particular embassy wouldn't provide the meaningless letter, some people had booked through overses tour companies or Airbnm where the owners lived overseas, their please fell on deaf ears, "you have to get what we want" was all they were able to say.

I was ashamed at what I witnessed.

It seems the government is about to offer an automatic extension to tourists who arrived after March 1 and are now marooned. .  

Para 1: Point of satisfaction number 1 - at making a foreigner jump through a hoop.

Para 2. Point of satisfaction number 2 - Letting the foreigner know that he's being ignored and there isn't anything he can do about it.

Para 3. Point of satisfaction number 3  Letting the foreigners jnow who's the boss before they climb on their mopeds and go home to their 2000THB per month room.

I was ashamed at what I witnessed.

Why? they weren't. Welcome to what passes for normal in Thailand. You'll get much the same attitude wherever you go.

One reason I got out of there before the sh!te went down, not having to deal with these numbskulls and their lack of understanding and compassion in a time like this.

For those who stayed, you're just going to have to grind it out, with whatever they put in place

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The reports of few offices requiring the landlord to come along to immigration should almost make news overseas as being the most ridiculous requirements even in normal times. Having that requirement at a time of unprecedented global challenges makes Thailand a laughing stock. 

Again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

There are plenty of countries with more to offer than Thailand and welcome visitors and retirees...

...and right now, they've all got Covid-19. Unless you are planning relocating to Antarctica of course.