TM30 Driving me nuts

7 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Not a big deal if they charge a 800-1,600b penalty but charging the house owner 2,000 per night (60,000b) would be a disaster.

The fine is not per day or night. It is a maximum of 2000 baht for a individual.

A business can be fined a minimum of 2,000 to a maximum of 10,000 baht.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The fine is not per day or night. It is a maximum of 2000 baht for a individual.

A business can be fined a minimum of 2,000 to a maximum of 10,000 baht.

Ok thanks a lot for clarifying that! Then it's better to do the TM30 even if it's late I guess.

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So this info makes me think if it's better to do it now or not at all. In the case that I need to go for the "covid extension" with all the paperwork (embassy letters, TM30 etc etc...) sometime when the immigration reopens, I could be asked for the TM30 and be charged for doing it 2 moths late? Not a big deal if they charge a 800-1,600b penalty but charging the house owner 2,000 per night (60,000b) would be a disaster. So let's say that I don't do the TM30 at all, could they still charge the house owner? Of course if they require the TM30 for the for my SETV's "covid extension" in the future, then I don't have much choice but do it anyway.   

You are correct. 

I am not sure whether TM30 compliance is enforced by my local SiSaKet IO, but I didn't want to take any chances (as it is law, they can start enforcing it any time they want).

But there were two reason I registered on the IO TM30 website on behalf of my girlfriend (who is the owner of the house where I am staying):

- to ensure that I would be in compliance when visiting IO for my upcoming extension of stay and thus avoid possible denial or fining of 800-1.600 THB;

- to avoid my girlfriend (being the owner of the place where I am staying) getting in trouble and being fined for not having reported me staying there.  An angry or jealous neighbor could be triggering an enquiry...

Edited by Peter Denis

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

o avoid my girlfriend (being the owner of the place where I am staying) getting in trouble and being fined for not having reported me staying there (fine can be 2.000 THB per night/not-reported foreigner staying at the premisses).

It is not per night. It is 2000 max for the failure to do the report.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Ok thanks a lot for clarifying that! Then it's better to do the TM30 even if it's late I guess.

You will not be fined for having done your TM30 late.  IO is only interested that a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying when you visit them for a service that needs your address.  They are not interested in your TM30 filing history or when that current TM30 has been filed, as long as it is on-file the moment you visit them.

18 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

> I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website allowing you to file your TM30s on-line.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum

13 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

They are not interested in your TM30 filing history or when that current TM30 has been filed, as long as it is on-file the moment you visit them.

It is not needed unless they require you do one. I have never met the reasons for the office here so I have never done one.

For years it was only needed if you left and re-entered the country and then a year ago or so they started wanting one if you had been reported by a hotel and etc. Not asked last year since the last time I had stayed in hotel was long before I did my extension last year and there  was not any in their records anymore.

• Like 1