Renewed visa ... u all got charged 1900 baht?

hi to all , 

im not sure what the standard rate is for renewing visa.

i got charged 2000baht . i know its 100 baht difference didnt make a fuss or anything 

but just wanted to know if anyone was charged 2000baht ?  

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Did they charge you 2000 Baht, or did you give them 2000 Baht

and they did not give you change ?, that can happen,that's why

I always give them the correct amount.

regards Worgeordie

the lady told me it was 2000baht .... 

• Like 1

I always give the exact correct money.  We all know how much it is ..and when we are going ... not so much to avoid not getting change but to make it easy for everybody at a chaotic imm. office.  

Guess you being told 2,000 strange though  and you unlucky.

At Jomtien IOs dont handle cash really .. any change due is returned with your passport on collection.  I guess all payments goes via a single cashier.

Next time you will have 1,900 me thinks.

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

I always give the exact correct money.  We all know how much it is ..and when we are going ... not so much to avoid not getting change but to make it easy for everybody at a chaotic imm. office.  

At Jomtien IOs dont handle cash really .. any change due is returned with your passport on collection.  I guess all payments goes via a single cashier.

Next time you will have 1,900 me thinks.

i will definetely bring  1900 baht next time  haha 

Edited by jackyjack

I had this before a long time ago, the I.O said he didnt have any change.????, even though i saw him pull out a load of 20's before i sat down for the extension.

Probably needed it for som tam or whatever lunch was to be had that day.

• Haha 1

I gave 2000 baht 1st day...2nd day went to pickup passport...asked about my 100 baht...was told I needed to ask for it to get it back...

Lo and behold after returning my 100 baht... they double checked my paperwork and decided they need more evidence of landlord ownership...

Landlord lives in Germany.  Cost me 800 baht to clear up the fabricated problem...????

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, petedk said:

Which office was it?

I have always given 2,000 baht at Chaeng Wattana and always received 100 baht return.

i was careful in my preparations for my extension at CW, had all the right documents, and gave them the correct 1900 baht with my application.

my passport was returned with 100 baht and a receipt for 1900 baht.

did i get scammed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The IO probably had a nice 100 b lunch.

So, you helped her have a better day and added to the economy.

Think positive about it.  Good job!

Yes, her insatiable greed was satiated!  Think of her as a greedy grub!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I gave 2000 baht 1st day...2nd day went to pickup passport...asked about my 100 baht...was told I needed to ask for it to get it back...

Lo and behold after returning my 100 baht... they double checked my paperwork and decided they need more evidence of landlord ownership...

Landlord lives in Germany.  Cost me 800 baht to clear up the fabricated problem...????

should have "forgot" abt the 100 baht  

Edited by jackyjack

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i was careful in my preparations for my extension at CW, had all the right documents, and gave them the correct 1900 baht with my application.

did i get scammed?

You are lucky you got out of there.  It was probably a set up for theft charges, they were planning on taking you to a safe house and extorting money from you over a series of days, **** **** style.  ????????

On 4/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, ChouDoufu said:

did i get scammed?

Haha Were you a gentleman and did you tell them about the mistake? Or maybe you didn't notice until you had to do the 90 day report. 

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

Charging 2,000 baht can be reasonable if they do some photocopying for you. Otherwise, you should have paid 1,900.

I remember when immigration was at Suan Plu in Bangkok. 

I seemed to meet this rather overweight lady every time I went there. I remember I had problems with a lost TM47 and, to cut a long story short, I was supposed to hand in a few extra photocopies. She just got up and took the copies and when she came back she said "50 baht" and gave a huge smile. She asked me to sign the copies, which I did and then I smiled and 100 Baht! She burst out laughing. I miss her. She was always so friendly.

Btw. The copies were free of course.

Edited by petedk