Disinfecting streets, pavements and 7m high lamp posts

Agusts

Can any of you wise men explain to me why they are disinfecting streets, pavements and 7m high lamp posts etc. ... !? And this is not just here but I have seen it done in several other countries...!

Have there been a biological or chemical gas attack... !? I'm no expert but as far as I have read Covid-19 is not airborne and can only exists in water droplets and certain surfaces and like other corona viruses does not last long outside body and under a hot sun...

Are they expecting people touch the ground, or wind and rain might splash this up to their faces when they all come back next month on 1 May... !?

Who is advising the authorities on such actions, is it just to make people feel good, or there is just too much disinfectant to get rid, or too much budget and people with nothing to do... !? I just hope this work will maybe kill some rodent or insects as a useful side-effect, but they are already long gone after a week or two lockdown anyway...!

I'm sure I'm missing something,  so let me know...

I don't know what to believe anymore...

MIT researcher / March 31, 2020: Social-distancing guidelines to stay 6 feet from others may be woefully inadequate, one scientist warns — saying the coronavirus can travel 27 feet and linger for hours.

• Sad 1

to calm the 99,9999% that believes this is dangerous to anyone healthy.

The more they believe someone is doing something, the more incentive they have to protect the weak by staying home, as civilization should go on if big papa governement started acting.

Edited by bearpolar

Dr. Fauci already explained about the 27 feet (almost 10 meter) distance. He physically showed moving his head backwards and mimicking a very strong sneeze. A regular cough does not travel that far.

Yes, I listen to Dr. Fauci, rather than you-know-who over in 'merica.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Dr. Fauci already explained about the 27 feet (almost 10 meter) distance. He physically showed moving his head backwards and mimicking a very strong sneeze. A regular cough does not travel that far.

Yes, I listen to Dr. Fauci, rather than you-know-who over in 'merica.

Yes, I've just read the article on nypost.com