Hua Hin: Latest virus case - #12 - is Brit who had contact with compatriot

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

As a precaution, even though they are at low risk of contracting the virus, all staff at the hotel have been placed in 14 day quarantine. Ban Muang did not say what hotel it was.

Its the one that's now closed because of no staff.

17 hours ago, sirocco said:

Use your imagination, you have so many on the forum !!!!!

Protecting yourself is protecting others.

Obvious common sense but there are a lot of stubborn and opinionated westerners who apparently haven't got the intelligence or manual skills to make a mask.

They only blab on about the uselessness of masks to protect themselves whilst ignoring the fact that they prevent transmission to others, even in people without symptoms. Me me me.

Hello, Denim,

but, not at all, you shouldn't devalue yourself.
Even the most clumsy can work miracles.
You just have to want it and get started.
The Internet helps, but start with bellows masks.
A scarf, a clean cloth, paper towels, with a nice width and a good height to make to measure, a waterproof lining or a protective plastic for fragile objects or a filter, cords, elastic, paper clips or safety pins to attach everything.
no need to leave the School of Fine Arts.

Now everyone is free to wear a mask or not.
Just avoid taking a good slap if you find yourself having people who all have a mask.

Masks available from a small stall set up alongside the football station next to the ice tea seller of the road between Soi 94 and 102. 3 for 100 Baht I think. Also a small stall on the small road alongside the Bon Kai market just before the 7/11 on the corner. 79 Baht I think.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:47 PM, ukrules said:

There are no masks at the pharmacies - where are people supposed to buy them from?

I bought 3 days ago from a small expat food store that sold single use and washable (no entry without a mask, but we sell them ????). 20 Baht for washable fabric ones.