Strange and Unusual

Gonzo the Face

Those of you who know me know that I am over on Charoenrat Rd.  So far since early this morning there have been about 15 or more huge trucks each pulling a second identical trailer behind  going from South to North in front of my place.  Each trailer is carrying what seems like a huge shipping container. Like you see at shipping ports. One to each trailer.  They are also almost completely tarp covered. That would total about 30 containers so far this morning.  They appear to be heavily loaded as the ground shakes and vibrates when they go by, and that is rarely felt.

Anybody know what is going on in this neighborhood?  Or what could be inside them?  Maybe some industrious individual is backing up and hoarding toilet paper.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks

Gonzo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

HiSo Thai,s getting their money and valuables out ,before the collapse,

I have never ,ever seen containers covered with tarps before,the only

reason to do it would to hide name of container company, why I cannot

imagine,but only makes it stranger.

regards Worgeordie 

Your  quoted property values of 26.000 baht a sq wah opposite you . on TV has at least halved or more if the above is true????

1 minute ago, deej said:

Your  quoted property values of 26.000 baht a sq wah opposite you . on TV has at least halved or more if the above is true????

You have heard of sarcasm ?, and it is April 1st, who is the fool ?

regards Worgeordie

Not all shipping containers are the same although the base/floors usually are. Some containers don't have walls, only posts in the corners and canvas on the roof, others have walls but no roof, only canvas or sheet metal. Depends on the product they are designed to haul. At one time I used to haul a lot of glass which was shipped in crates. The easiest way to unload was to roll back the roof and pull the crates up through the top. The one thing they all have in common is fasteners in the corners top and bottom so that they can be picked up and moved by cranes in port, or on the bottom so that they can be easily locked into place on special trailers.

I would hope just an April fools joke by you Gonzo. But if not it could be refer containers to set up a mobile morgue, or quick ICU hospital as many are set up as offices with windows having aircon that go from job site to job site that can easily be converted for patients for here and out in the sticks. So accounting for how many little cities there are in CM province, 15-20 or even 50 is not a lot.. So if it is that then it may be preventative measures. Thapae Gate has the Tourist Police air conditioned container there but it might make sense to tarp off the ones inbound as they have writing on the sides for what they are going to be used for. Red Cross or whatever. .. so far everything here seems under control but the numbers did seem to almost double in a day and a half this week. Keep the faith everything is alright. 

Were they 40ft? 

12 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

That would total about 30 containers so far this morning.  They appear to be heavily loaded as the ground shakes and vibrates when they go by, and that is rarely felt.

Armaments.

• Haha 1

Perhaps just 15 trucks with sand in it on their way to a construction site? My wife needed 80 truck loads to fix up some land before.
As well Nim transport is not that far located from there, 15 trucks is nothing for them with the lazada goods etc alone. 

Why would you be bothered anyway? Not that special at all.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:48 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Perhaps just 15 trucks with sand in it on their way to a construction site? My wife needed 80 truck loads to fix up some land before.
As well Nim transport is not that far located from there, 15 trucks is nothing for them with the lazada goods etc alone. 

Why would you be bothered anyway? Not that special at all.

Why would you be bothered if I am bothered or not???   Do not unusual things arouse your curiosity??  ... or are you only curious when you can make an un-needed comment on a forum for a few seconds of self A grand-ize-ment.

• Like 1