How many have lost their dependents allowance?

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not really sure what your on about but from the UK my Thai wife gets nowt anymore UK govt done away with it about 10years ago. 

your right they did away with it in 2010 ,but if you got it before that time you recieved it for 10 years and it finishes in 5 days 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

your right they did away with it in 2010 ,but if you got it before that time you recieved it for 10 years and it finishes in 5 days 

Yeah I remember something about applying but we were in the wrong time frame so to speak around my retirement time, so I ending up making other arrangements for my mrs future.

My Dependent's Allowance ceases 6th April. Reduces my Pension Payment by around 35%. That hurts and may even affect Retirement Extension criteria (65k). Have tried contacting DWP by email requesting confirmation of what my revised State Pension will be but have received no reply or even acknowledgement. The current virus crisis may be curtailing DWP responses.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Having only worked in the UK for around 7 years I get a bare minimum of around 39 pounds a week so I doubt if there is any dependant allowance in that, and if it would be minimal.

Did you continue to pay national insurance contributions while working outside of the UK? I only ask as that's my current situation and I certainly don't want to continue paying it if I only get £39

On 4/1/2020 at 5:48 PM, Daffy D said:

Mine is due to stop this month :sad:

With the way the global economy is in free fall will be interesting to see what I actually will end up with  :sad: 

" You "started out with nothing, and  " you'll " still " have " most of it left. Same as a lot of us.????????

• Like 1
1 minute ago, digger70 said:

" You "started out with nothing, and  " you'll " still " have " most of it left. Same as a lot of us

True but seem to be getting even more of nothing as the days go by :sad:

Still maybe the Baht will again collapse and we will relive the golden days of 80 to the pound  - or perhaps not.  

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Daffy D said:

Still maybe the Baht will again collapse and we will relive the golden days of 80 to the pound  - or perhaps not.  

Yes those were the days ,i remember had a business in BKK, it happened when i was over from the UK God so much money when you changed your cash,long gone i fear ,luck if we get half that now.

28 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Did you continue to pay national insurance contributions while working outside of the UK?

Yes.   Don't know if things have changed but in the days when I was working overseas you could keep up your contributions so as not to loose "days worked"

This overseas contribution was less per week than you would pay if you were working in UK, so well worth keeping up to get your full pension.

Not that even the full pension is enough to live on but a little better than nothing.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:48 PM, Daffy D said:

With the way the global economy is in free fall will be interesting to see what I actually will end up with  :sad: 

I reckon you are speaking for the majority of us there! ????

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Well than it's still same than ,More of nothin is still Nothin . Wishing for the exchange to work in our favor ONE day .

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

My Dependent's Allowance ceases 6th April. Reduces my Pension Payment by around 35%. That hurts and may even affect Retirement Extension criteria (65k). Have tried contacting DWP by email requesting confirmation of what my revised State Pension will be but have received no reply or even acknowledgement. The current virus crisis may be curtailing DWP responses.

Exactly the same as you except that I have received 2 notifications on the subject. A loss of around 35% together with the low pound makes a considerable difference. 

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

DWP doesn't reply to emails. You need to phone.

8 hours ago, Letseng said:

DWP doesn't reply to emails. You need to phone.

Incorrect in my experience. There are certain items that must be done by Phone....but I have used emails with DWP on a number of occasions on various matters. Depends on the subject and the information requested. My most recent email exchange with DWP was in January 2020. 

11 hours ago, Rambo said:

The same for me, around 35%, and it will hurt us a lot, especially at this time; our kids are unable to work as their business has been closed down in Bangkok, and apparently they are not included in the work that receives any compensation. 

Here's a thing - although I don't like my pension being frozen for the past 18 years, I accepted it when I came to live here. However, I cannot understand a pension that is frozen from going up, can be defrosted when the government wants to chop it down.

British politicians, Treasury civil servants - barstewards, all of them, Tory or Labour!