Tourists get automatic visa extensions

4 minutes ago, csmith said:

What's the problem .… I extended my NON-IMM 'O' (spouse) VISA two weeks ago at Chiangmai Immigration … arrived early in the morning … second in that queue … all done and out by 10:30a.m.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

25E352EC-78DE-48B9-9426-C07209E18154.jpeg

One year extension?

2 minutes ago, ColtenSloan said:

So how does this help anyone that has already used their first 30 day normal extension? 

LIKE ME.

I arrived back in Thailand on February 28th. 

Let's hope one of these neighboring countries open the borders this month and can say adios to Thailand.

If you arrived Feb 28th and you have already obtained a single 30 day extension, when required another 30 day CoVid-19 Extension with an Embassy letter is your option.

24 minutes ago, Sickocock said:

Though this is not a solution for the most of us, the measure is probably intended to take some pressure away from the immigration office.

yes it is, but if it only applies to tourist visa entries, then they will not be the ones causing the queues at immigration now, the fist of these tourist visa entries will got go until the last week in April, maybe we are missing something in the announcement.

2 minutes ago, solomon david said:

i actually arrived in thailand(into don muang,bangkok)on march 9th so how does this apply to me?

You will probably not be required to apply for a 30-day extension once your permission to stay (till april 7) is on the brink of expiry, and you are not able to leave the country with your return-flight being cancelled.

But check the official announcement that will follow this 'teaser'.