All Closed - Except Immigration.

Old Croc

38 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

IO' are not immune to the virus and exposed to a lot of people on a daily basis ... some will certainly get Covid .

I would like to see the Immigration offices closed indefinitely , but what will they come up with than ? Surely they will try to create as many problems as possible for farangs . Wait and see ...

More non farang than farang foreigners there.

• Like 2

I hate the immigration rules with a passion but taking it out on the local immigration staff is just blinkered.

Yes some if them can be difficult but none of then want to be there. People need to direct their contempt and disgust at the people who make the rules rather than the poor blighters having to impose them and probably recognising the idiocy of a lot of the rules.

Thais are not great thinkers except to take advantage and the people at the top are there because of corruption more than brains. Direct your ire there better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

I hate the immigration rules with a passion but taking it out on the local immigration staff is just blinkered.

Yes some if them can be difficult but none of then want to be there. People need to direct their contempt and disgust at the people who make the rules rather than the poor blighters having to impose them and probably recognising the idiocy of a lot of the rules.

Thais are not great thinkers except to take advantage and the people at the top are there because of corruption more than brains. Direct your ire there better.

The people who make the rules are the people across the desk from you.

Nobody is forcing them to make up their own rules or pick at the application forms.

The sooner these corrupt crooks all catch the disease, the better for us IMHO.

They not only want to risk my life, but the lives of my children as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I'm trying to get married.

The required official documents, and translations, took longer than expected and I missed the close down by a day.

As an O-A leper I need to change from retirement to marriage extension. Age and medical difficulties preclude me from even dodgy insurance, and similar reasons prevented travel to change to O.  Money is not a problem, I comfortably self insure.

Yes, I should have done it earlier, however, there were other extenuating circumstances that slowed this, and I didn't anticipate a government shutdown. 

Got it, it's changed alot, for us it was passport only.

Anyway, good luck and hope you get it sorted.

Edited by beechbum

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You and I have had words in the past, but have kept a truce for some time.

I'm happy to again start calling you out for what you are. You certainly make it easy with your pathetic rubbish.

Might I suggest you both take your resentments and subsequent person war elsewhere NOT on TV????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody is forcing them to make up their own rules or pick at the application forms.

Do they also make the rule that we have to dress properly with long sleeves while they can wear sportswear and slippers themselves?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

More non farang than farang foreigners there.

My visit to IO last week Caucasian customers outnumbered at least 3 to 1 by S E Asian ones.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Might I suggest you both take your resentments and subsequent person war elsewhere NOT on TV????

Thanks for the advice. You must be kept very busy on this forum keeping up with the demand for your suggestions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It is only a matter of time till some IOs get the virus. Then we will see how long Immigration stays open. Of course being exposed to a room full of filthy Farangs will ensure we get the blame.

I was at the Land department on Monday with a separate matter. They refused to process my papers because they considered it unimportant. (I suspect my status as a foreigner had something to do with it) We were told to come back in a month.

While I was waiting there, they announced they were closing the next day. Apparently one of their counter staff was suspected to have the virus.

Their front door temperature taking, spray and wipe station seemed to be more busy with their staff rather than the few customers allowed in.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"The people who make the rules are the people across the desk from you."

Really? I don't think they are the highest ranking officers in any Immigration office in Thailand. They have a boss and he's got a boss,too.

• Confused 1

Immigration rules are very fluid, they change as often as you and I change our underwear.

Last year after the change with letters of income not being issued, I thought I would ask the guy in immigration who has been there some years about how the combination of income / money would work in the coming year.

His initial reply astonished me, when he asked whether I had two bank accounts. I was stumped, and just sat down waiting for my 90 day. As I exited this same guy came over and muttered something about asking his boss.

I gave up and left.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It is only a matter of time till some IOs get the virus. Then we will see how long Immigration stays open. Of course being exposed to a room full of filthy Farangs will ensure we get the blame.

Don't the Chinese ever have any reason to go to Thai immigration offices? Probably not, that will be why IOs don't get the virus.

4 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Excellent post, though BritManToo also has an excellent post. It is easy to see where both of you are coming from. 

Edited by possum1931

5 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Immigration offices get their directives from BKK , but there is a certain level of ' tolerance ' in interpreting these directives ...

for example : Some immigration offices want farangs to prove that they have insurance , ( OA ) others don't ...

Some IO's are a pain in the rear , while others are quite nice , it depends on many factors I guess , ( have a good or bad day ...)

But most of them seem to enjoy being in a position to give orders ... ( you need to bring this paper too , and have it signed by xxx ...)

My thai wife has been living for 20 yrs in France , in all these years she had to go to renew her ' carte de sejour ' ( like a french identity card ) 4 times , every five years ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 2