BANGKOK
Old Croc

All Closed - Except Immigration.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, muratremix said:

I'm staying with non-o based on marriage extension in Phuket. My visa expires on December so I guess I'm lucky? I don't understand why they need letter from my embassy to extend my visa or do anything? If covid-19 crsis is not resolved by this year, I'll need that paper from my embassy correct? Assuming I can't get out or get in to Phuket, how am I supposed to get this letter from embassy which will require a personal visit? 

You don't need a letter. Just the normal paperwork as last year. 

Edited by LivinginKata
Well so far as know this day
  • Like 1

How about the car registration office? Are those open next Monday?

On 4/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

You can bet your backside even if nuclear war broke out that the immi offices would still be open as usual.

Not even the black death could close those fortresses!

would you consider the closing of your immigration offices in your home country a good thing?

On 4/2/2020 at 8:31 AM, kingstonkid said:

Remember the borders a

Would you rather they keep it open and you go to the amphoe and get the virus?

Then you would be complaining that they should have been closed

I do think that most of us would like to have the immigration be closed as precaution for the covid19 that is going on, just the same as other businesses.

The main concern for most of us, in addition to the virus outbreak, are the consequences for as well as the financial status of our visa and the resulting consequences of expired visas and extensions.

Now they are just promissing not to blacklist us but still the exorbitant fees have to be paid and not to speak of the stamps we are probably getting in the passport, even if it is annotated with the cause, which all is mostly not even our doing.

I would say: close the immigration, waive the fees and throw the red stamps in the trash and extend ALL kind of visa and extension for the during of the troubles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

How about the car registration office? Are those open next Monday?

It's a national holiday. Everything is closed incl. immigration. 

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Vietnam closed ALL immigration offices>>
visa expires?? no problem they say  and NO OVERSTAY FEES
https://vietnamnews.vn/society/674512/no-penalties-for-overstaying-during-national-social-distancing.html

Thailand cant get it together... To many cooks in the kitchen and the head chef is gone

has the US or the UK immigration closed?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Vietnam closed ALL immigration offices>>
visa expires?? no problem they say  and NO OVERSTAY FEES
https://vietnamnews.vn/society/674512/no-penalties-for-overstaying-during-national-social-distancing.html

Thailand cant get it together... To many cooks in the kitchen and the head chef is gone

How many tourists are stranded in Vietnam compared to Thailand? Not easy to find a number. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

theres lots of ex pats that live an work in Vietnam

for sure not as many as here, but thats not the point,

the point is, they seem to be more concerned over there about the welfare of the expats than here

How hard would it be to allow all on soon to be expired visas, extension, automatic extensions until this is over, rather than making everyone travel to immigration every 14 days and risk catching the virus??
They'll still get their money

Not to mention creating hassle for embassies to provide the letters needed when they could be doing other things>>

Yea, i know, one should not think to much here but sometimes............

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1