Jump to content

Why close outbound flights from Phuket Airport?


Recommended Posts

Phuket Airport is one of the largest airports in Thailand and has lots of international flights.

 

How will stranded foreigners get home from Phuket April 10th-April 30th

 

All flights up to April 10th are flights I cannot afford.

 

I tried to book a flight from Phuket > Bangkok on the 6th but it has now been cancelled. Will I be refunded (Hopefully)? Do I try again and risk a flight being cancelled again

 

Will foreigners be aloud to leave Phuket island 10th-30th april and go to BKK and catch a flight home

 

Why has the Phuket governor not mentioned anything about these things.

 

Completely disproportional actions for only 60 cases in Phuket. Sure Ban all incoming flight but ALLOW for tourists to return home <deleted>

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let airport open for which airlines? Nearly all airlines stop flying. Open airport for 2-3 flights per day make no sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing much is taking off at the moment and it seems you have left it to the last minut to arrange your travel back as many countries have shut down their airports for all incoming traffic so it looks like you're stuck unless you can charter a learjet...

Link to post
Share on other sites

No offence intended and this might not specifically apply to you if you're an expat, but I don't understand why folk holidayed at this time. E.g. UK gov issued warnings and yet people still went. There was recently a case of a Scottish backpacker whining at the government for not doing enough to get her home! Unbelievable.

If there are flights out of Bkk, you could always try to club together with others for a taxi there.

Hope it works out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

No offence intended and this might not specifically apply to you if you're an expat, but I don't understand why folk holidayed at this time. E.g. UK gov issued warnings and yet people still went. There was recently a case of a Scottish backpacker whining at the government for not doing enough to get her home! Unbelievable.

If there are flights out of Bkk, you could always try to club together with others for a taxi there.

Hope it works out. 

Agree completely.  Swiss government already issued a warning 10 days ago to all tourists to immediately head home!

 

Those who did not listen can now sign up for repatriation flights for which they will have to pay,  around the price of one-way tickets with Swiss airlines- and that is NOT cheap...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hydraides said:

I tried to book a flight from Phuket > Bangkok on the 6th but it has now been cancelled.

Which airline?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people saw this coming and would have gotten out or hunkered down. And 60 or so infected cases in Phuket is a lot. You face being quarantined even if you could get out. Oh, and isn't most or all of the Phuket hotels and guest houses shutting their doors now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Most people saw this coming and would have gotten out or hunkered down. And 60 or so infected cases in Phuket is a lot. You face being quarantined even if you could get out. Oh, and isn't most or all of the Phuket hotels and guest houses shutting their doors now?

Better tell the US president that......3/4weeks ago the world was still in denial...2 weeks ago still in denial....hindsight, yep good old hindsight....Agree, for a small island, the number is a lot....but mass tourism does have its negatives. The OP should have got out though, if he's short on cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nothing much is taking off at the moment and it seems you have left it to the last minut to arrange your travel back as many countries have shut down their airports for all incoming traffic so it looks like you're stuck unless you can charter a learjet...

Lolita Express? Seems it could fly anywhere in the world unchecked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard if you are flying out of an airport, you could then cross the bridge and go in/out of Phuket (depending on where you flying from) . Need to show evidence of flight booking. But that is for nearby provinces/airports,  Bangkok is a long way away to go by land... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, hydraides said:

Sure Ban all incoming flight but ALLOW for tourists to return home <deleted>

Just going to state the obvious here, if incoming flights are banned, how would there be outgoing flights?🤔🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xvend said:

Just going to state the obvious here, if incoming flights are banned, how would there be outgoing flights?🤔🤣

Countries can still send reparation flights,

 

Or the plane makes a stop-over (E.g Qatar flies Doha > Brisbane............on the way return journey: Brisbane > Phuket > Doha)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next three days, Bangkok Airways has up to three flights a day from Phuket to Bangkok. Their last flights are on April 6. Thai Smile is also still flying. If you want to leave Phuket, leave now. Don't be foolish.

 

Since your flight has been canceled, contact the airline to be rebooked on that carrier (at no additional cost) or request a refund. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 12.24.56 PM.png

Edited by DFPhuket
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for off topic, but anyone has a number for Air Asia ...!? Or an office in Phuket... 

 

Their online chat line never works and only automated rubbish.

 

(Regarding missed/didn't make it flight, but in Feb.)

Edited by Agusts
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...