Makro reserves two hours for elderly and those with special needs

webfact

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Average life expectancy in Thailand seems to be 75.30 years, so 57 would be nearly at death's gates then. 

All depends if you thai people , or farlang . Kap..

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I totally agree with you 100%

An unusual gesture indeed from a large Thai Company - well done.

If only others were so considerate in these surreal times.

I believe Makro was the first to require masks be worn too. 

1 minute ago, brucegoniners said:

6 am - 8 am? Gee, thanks a f'ing lot!

That's the middle of the frikin night!

I don't think I read anything in the OP that said you're not allowed in beyond those times.

Or do you mean they should set those times to a time period which is more inconvenient to the majority of their customers, but suits you better?

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think its a good move to keep the elderly away from any potentially infected people, as we all know the elderly are at a high risk of contracting it.

The smartest Thai thing I have heard yet, well done Makro, see you at 8.05am ????

Don't think will be busy before 8

22 minutes ago, Joeythai said:

Don't think will be busy before 8

I'm not so sure about that. From the SiamMakro.co.th website Google translated:

March 31, 2020,   
Makro throughout Thailand focuses on customers who spend their time on buying, reducing risks, arrange 2 hours special, 6.00-8.00 hrs. With a new opening and closing time 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, D Day, 1 April

Siam Makro Public Company Limited side by side with Thai people fighting the disaster Covid-19 Open special hours 06.00- 08.00 hrs. For the elderly, the disabled, the business operators to shift the time to reduce the density in the branch With announcements for new opening times from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm for everyone across the country from April 1 onwards.

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Or do you mean they should set those times to a time period which is more inconvenient to the majority of their customers, but suits you better?

That would work better for me, advanced booking ????

On 4/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, fforest1 said:

Is 57 considered elderly?

I wonder how they are going to check the age of every customer. For Thai, it is not a problem because they have their ID card.

But for foreigners who don't have driving licence, do they need to bring their bulky passport when they go shopping?

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I wonder how they are going to check the age of every customer. For Thai, it is not a problem because they have their ID card.

But for foreigners who don't have driving licence, do they need to bring their bulky passport when they go shopping?

Just take a zimmer frame and you should be ok...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Only those foreigners priding themselves on their shrewdness for not bothering to get one of those utterly useless pink ID cards. Heh.

For the rest of us foreigners, it is not a problem because we'll just whip out the cards.

Edited by BigStar

5 minutes ago, Shocked said:

Went there this morning. Not crowded but OMG. No Mama Noddle and very little eggs. What's happened. Hording?

I've noticed NO major stores can currently keep eggs in stock. Went to a local farmers market, plenty on hand and no markup. Open air, but we still needed to wear a mask, get temp taken, and get a hand sanitizer spritz. I REALLY hope they don't get shut down, I get all my fruits & veggies there.

Edited by J Town
speling [sic]

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Only those foreigners priding themselves on their shrewdness for not bothering to get one of those utterly useless pink ID cards. Heh.

For the rest of us foreigners, it is not a problem because we'll just whip out the cards.

Are all foreigners on Non-O visa eligible to apply for the pink card? How to apply?

2 hours ago, Shocked said:

Went there this morning. Not crowded but OMG. No Mama Noddle and very little eggs. What's happened. Hording?

Mama noodles is loaded with MSG, get something else.

23 hours ago, Saltire said:

Be interesting to see if a Thai driving licence will be enough to admit foreigners?

And if business operators are in early too it may well be very busy, especially at checkouts

A lot of foreigners don't have Thai driving licence, I see them riding their bicycles. 

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Are all foreigners on Non-O visa eligible to apply for the pink card? How to apply?

Yep. First you get a yellow book from your Amphur and then you're entitled to get a pink card, which may well be at the same office on the same day as you get the yellow book.

Yellow book requirements vary from province to province and can be easy peasy or a bit onerous. It's of course quite onerous at Pattaya, to keep yellow books away from all the riff-raff, but I had good time getting mine anyway, joked around, flirted with the ladies, gave my phone# to one (still waiting), got a smile out the Mayor (very personable; what nice office, too) and his men when I told him I was "trying" to speak Thai, and saluted the security guards on the way out. Most of the time you can make interacting with Thais quite pleasant, with patience and congeniality. I like my pink card.

Anyway, search the Visas forum for "yellow book" and you'll find some threads on the subject. Need to filter out the usual noise.

Edited by BigStar

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

Huh. Finally some use for it. 

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Huh. Finally some use for it. 

Use mine at the bank for over-the-counter withdrawals, use it at the PO to send a package, use it at another bank for paying bills, etc. But for those members who only do what is necessary--eat, drink, sleep, and have bowel movements--it's, strictly speaking, not necessary. As in the Makro case: carry your passport, old man. ???? Me, I tend to add in a few extras here and there.