xiaomi air purifier pro vs pro (global version)

BobBKK

I bought one global and one Chinese version in the last year and on my two the only thing I have noticed so far is the owners manual language, the display language on the display telling you how much filter % is left, and the power cords.  And when setting the Chinese version up to work with an app I understand there are some settings with the server that need to be changed but I don’t use it so can’t tell you for sure.

• Thanks 1

Is about how it is programmed by standards, the global version will run a bit higher in standard mode when the air is bad compared to the Chinese.
The Chinese version does not really panic until levels of like 70. Both work fine otherwise though, certainly if it is a proper sized room.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not true as far I know, I do not have the global version but is in ENG.

Well, naturally we can only go by our personal experience, and that was mine ! as I have the Chinese version and no English on the display or manual.

Not that it matters as I am am only interested in the displayed NUMBER the rest I can figure out.

I bought the cheaper version, 3100 baht. Very pleased with it, if I crank it up to its highest setting I can drop a reading of 250 PM 2.5 down to about 30 PM 2.5 in about 15 minutes. 35 sqm condo. Most of the time, I just have it on low speed.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I sort of guessed little difference just the manual and instructions. I have one 'global' and thinking of 2 more so will probably get the Chinese ones as they are up to 2000 baht cheaper and come with a free extra filter (Lazada).

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Thanks everyone. I sort of guessed little difference just the manual and instructions. I have one 'global' and thinking of 2 more so will probably get the Chinese ones as they are up to 2000 baht cheaper and come with a free extra filter (Lazada).

Link for that please. THanks.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

Link for that please. THanks.

China version (4910 THB): https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-pro-pm-25-1-version-cn-i605074046-s1139022446.html

Global version (6990 THB): https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-pro-global-version-i290806481-s482708131.html

I see many that have pictures of a filter next to the box, but don't see a free extra filter. Box obviously comes with filter inside when you buy it. At most I've seen a free travel adapter so you can plug it into a Thai (US) power socket.

Edited by tomazbodner
Added last paragraph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

China version (4910 THB): https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-pro-pm-25-1-version-cn-i605074046-s1139022446.html

Global version (6990 THB): https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-pro-global-version-i290806481-s482708131.html

I see many that have pictures of a filter next to the box, but don't see a free extra filter. Box obviously comes with filter inside when you buy it. At most I've seen a free travel adapter so you can plug it into a Thai (US) power socket.

Oh I'm sorry I assumed that was a free filter as the Global version (the one I bought not the one in your link) did not have a photo of one beside the box and I don't read Thai. Still I got the 2000 extra bit right   ???? 

Edited by BobBKK

If you want to use the app to control or automate, beware mixing global versions with Chinese ones. They may not connect to the same server and so can’t be linked to the same app. It’s very annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John435 said:

If you want to use the app to control or automate, beware mixing global versions with Chinese ones. They may not connect to the same server and so can’t be linked to the same app. It’s very annoying.

Ohhhh damn not thought of that - thanks!   the other thing very annoying is the price differential for basically the same thing.  Dual pricing! 

Edited by BobBKK

I have the non global version, the only Chinese that can't be changed to English is the startup display of remaining percentage of filter left, you still see number and % so it's not too bad, if you open the app, it's all in English.

I have other device meant for Chinese server only, so I use non global models, global model with Thai distributor warranty won't work together with the rest of my stuff

Sometime the power cord comes in Chinese slanted prong like the Australian/New Zealand plug that's easily adapted or can be plugged into universal power strip common in Thailand anyway