O visa for returning Thai nationals requirements? (Half Thai)

Hey all. I need some help (like many of us).

I’m looking for solid answers and the process of obtaining a change to a year-long O visa for Thais. I am half Thai and came to Thailand on a US passport. I have a Thai birth certificate issued by the Thai embassy in DC, but not a Thai ID card or Thai passport (that’s another issue). I’ve talked to some visa agents and I’ve been told I can get a year long visa based on this, but communication was a bit unclear, so I wanted to make sure with maybe some other people who know? Cost, documents needed, etc? Thanks in advance, stay safe everyone.

THANK YOU!

the visa service I looked at was going to charge me 15000 baht ????????
I don’t read Thai very well but from what I see here it looks like I fill out a standard TM7 plus bring proof? Correct?

Edited by dylaneitharong

My daughter, who is half Thai, half English wished to return  to Thailand to wait out the crisis with her family.  She has no Thai ID or Passport but has her Thai Birth  Certificate.  She is in contact with the Thai Embassy in London, who next week will issue her with a 'Permit to Travel' so that she can return here as a Thai citizen,  She will then get her ID and passport.  So her stay will of course be unlimited.  This information is fresh as it was only this week that it was all settled with the Embassy in London.  

Edited by Pilotman

12 hours ago, Pilotman said:

My daughter, who is half Thai, half English wished to return  to Thailand to wait out the crisis with her family.  She has no Thai ID or Passport but has her Thai Birth  Certificate.  She is in contact with the Thai Embassy in London, who next week will issue her with a 'Permit to Travel' so that she can return here as a Thai citizen,  She will then get her ID and passport.  So her stay will of course be unlimited.  This information is fresh as it was only this week that it was all settled with the Embassy in London.  

Is she on a house registration here already?

my Thai embassy in the US told me birth certificate would be enough to get the process started when I arrived here, but once it gets to the amphoe level, it’s not. Hence how my trouble started. I have a friend here in the same situation. there a few things they seem to request once you get there that the embassies don’t tell you - let me know if need the list. 

Edited by dylaneitharong

41 minutes ago, dylaneitharong said:

Is she on a house registration here already?

my Thai embassy in the US told me birth certificate would be enough to get the process started when I arrived here, but once it gets to the amphoe level, it’s not. Hence how my trouble started. I have a friend here in the same situation. there a few things they seem to request once you get there that the embassies don’t tell you - let me know if need the list. 

yes she is, at her Grand mothers home

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They should also issue her a certificate of identity that will confirm her Thai nationality that can be used for entry to the country as a Thai national. Info in Thai is here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/th/services/7483/81666-การขอหนังสือสำคัญประจำตัว-(Certificate-of-Identity.html

• Thanks 1