Patong 24 hour lockdown!!

phuketrichard

glad i dont live there

A notice from Patong municipality is urging Patong’s residents to stay at home and not venture out of doors, including the Soi Bangla entertainment area, which has become the hotbed of Covid-19 coronavirus in the island province of Phuket. The announcement, on government letterhead, says citizens who need food and water can contact authorities for delivery.

The notixe, seen below, mentions the authority granted by the Health ministry to Phuket officials, and strongly urges residents to stay in their homes, saying that if they need necessities for “life or well being” to call authorities on 076 342 079, or the Phuket Ministry of Education on 076 342 087.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/phukets-patong-all-but-shut-down

notise.jpg

13 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

glad i dont live there

Why? It sounds like an enlightened administration hard at work.

14 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

The notixe strongly urges residents to stay in their homes, saying that if they need necessities for “life or well being” to call authorities on 076 342 079, or the Phuket Ministry of Education on 076 342 087.

Sounds like if you just give them a call…. they’ll be around to deliver whatever beverages you might need for your 'well being'. Who says government doesn't care about the people?

• Haha 1

glad i dont live there

That may not be the case in a months time..

I think it's pretty important for different provinces to try different approaches to what strikes the best balance, though that's only useful if they lock down travel between them.

seems its not as dramatic as they said initially but still

PHUKET: Patong Municipality’s COVID-19 street cleanse and door-to-door house check is in full swing, with trucks dousing the main streets with disinfectant and teams of officers walking from house to house to check the occupants for any signs of the disease.

The Post Office and other main offices have also undergone a thorough cleanse, and all branches in Patong of 7-Eleven, Family Mart, ‘Mini’ Big C and SuperCheap stores as well as Makro and the Central Food Hall are now closed from 7pm to 5am each night until April 30 to help prevent the spread of the virus.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-covid-cleanse-house-checks-in-full-swing-75541.php?fbclid=IwAR0PTv0x_4P2AyteQXxvqG9Mx7neVp58AzI8HZphD6shZcdmDy9qHPgEucA

7 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

strongly urges residents to stay in their homes, saying that if they need necessities for “life or well being” to call authorities on 076 342 079,

necessities for “life or well being”...... will they home deliver a bar girl? .... Roadrunner will be on the phone to test their service.... Yes, thats to go, with a pack of condoms please.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

soi Bangla hotbed of wuhan virus....who would have thought it?

Soi bangla, a well known Farang haunt. We filthy Farang are in danger of getting blamed for spreading the virus. I await the first IO to turn positive to see what happens. Will they blame us? Will they do the right thing and close Immigration?