Waiver to enter Thailand

On what basis would you get the waiver? Most likely you will need to be immediate member of a Thai family such as married to or the parent of a Thai.

I would think the Thai embassy would be able to help or least inquire about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

On what basis would you get the waiver? Most likely you will need to be immediate member of a Thai family such as married to or the parent of a Thai.

I would think the Thai embassy would be able to help or least inquire about it.

I have 2 children in Thailand, 3 and 8 years old, shouldn't that be valid reason to obtain a waiver? Yet, the embassy claim the only way to enter is by having a wp. 

Is there any other way to go forward?

Edited by RotBenz8888
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I have 2 children in Thailand, 3 and 8 years old, shouldn't that be valid reason to obtain a waiver? Yet, the embassy claim the only way to enter is by having a wp. 

Is there any other way to go forward?

Perhaps you could point out this from the entry requirements to the embassy and state you case for being a parent of Thai children.

"This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency."

That same line appears in CAAT restrictions.

The embassy should be able to contact the MFA in Bangkok about it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps you could point out this from the entry requirements to the embassy and state you case for being a parent of Thai children.

"This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency."

That same line appears in CAAT restrictions.

The embassy should be able to contact the MFA in Bangkok about it.

I already done what you proposed, both by myself and through an agent, but the Thai embassy seem very reluctant to help. And the Swedish embassy in Bangkok is not if any help.

Is there any other way to contact MFA, like through an agent in Bangkok? 

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is also possible to get a waiver as I posted above.

And what are the odds that Prayut himself would sign off a waiver for a person like OP? Somewhere in the ballpark of 0.00001%?

32 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Is there any other way to contact MFA, like through an agent in Bangkok? 

Have you tried using a phone?

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

And what are the odds that Prayut himself would sign off a waiver for a person like OP? Somewhere in the ballpark of 0.00001%?

Where does it say he would have to sign it off.

• Thanks 1

First I've seen of this. Married to a Thai with a Multi O - when flights are available will I be able to apply for a waiver? If so, will I be subject to quarantine?

Wouldn't have thought this was possible whilst the outbreak is so bad in the UK.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does it say he would have to sign it off.

In the order. But i think i know why you are missunderstanding it.

This translation from your previous post is ambiguous:

I guess you understand this like:

Does not apply to passengers who have a waiver, either from the prime minister or people in charge of state of emergency.

But actually it means:

Does not apply to persons who have a waiver from the prime minister and does also not apply to people who are in charge of state of emergency.

So the "people in charge of state of emergency" are allowed to enter Thailand, but they can not issue a waiver for other people.

A waiver can only be issued by the prime minister himself, so if OP wants one, this is the way to go.

Edited by jackdd
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In the order. But i think i know why you are missunderstanding it.

This translation from your previous post is ambiguous:

No need for a translation it is written in clear english that understand very well.

This everything it states.

THAILAND - published 31.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter and transit Thailand.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
- This does not apply to airline crew with pre-existing schedules.
- This does not apply to diplomats and their family members.
- This does not apply to passengers with a work permit.
- This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.
2. Nationals of Thailand and those who can enter and transit Thailand must have a letter from the Embassy with the ‘fit-to-fly' health certificate.

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

- This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.

And you don't think this wording is ambiguous?

(1) This does not apply to [passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister] or [People In Charge of State of Emergency.]

(2) This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from [Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.]

You understand this as (2), but actually it means (1)

Edited by jackdd

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

And you don't think this wording is ambiguous?

(1) This does not apply to [passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister] or [People In Charge of State of Emergency.]

(2) This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from [Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.]

You understand this as (2), but actually it means (1)

It is shown under number one that says this.

Passengers are not allowed to enter and transit Thailand.

Then you add this to that line.

This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.

Two is a completely different condition to enter.

Can't see what you guys are arguing about. Reading the item its not complicated at all - People with a waiver from the Prime Minister - clear to me (can't see that meaning him personally, never does - probably those in his immediate office) OR People in charge of State of Emergency - meaning the same power is bestowed upon others (would be nice to know who they might be though).

Really don't see the difficulty.

Based on my experience of Thai officialdom, I believe your chances of a waiver just on the basis of Thai family members is close to nil. If having Thai family members was considered a reason to be allowed to enter at the current time, the regulations would say so. If you wish to try anyway, your best shot would be by engaging an extremely well connected Thai immigration lawyer, someone who went to school with the PM or something. Assuming you do not have that kind of money, but want to feel you are doing something, you can try to send something in English with high quality Thai translation direct to the PM's office in Bangkok. It will not work.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Maestro said:

Would the website http://1111.go.th/, which has the header "Office of the Prime Ministe", be an option? I believe it has a contact form.

In another topic I have suggested a person in the same situation have his wife call 1111 about the waiver. I understand that is good route to get info and help. In the OP case it would be his children's mother if not married.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

having Thai family members was considered a reason to be allowed to enter at the current time, the regulations would say so.

That appears to be something they failed to include in the restrictions. But they did put in the waiver for special circumstances.

Another omission from the restrictions was for those with permanent residency and no valid work permit. If unable to enter the country before their non quota visa/re-entry permit expires they could lose their permanent residency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is shown under number one that says this.

Passengers are not allowed to enter and transit Thailand.

Then you add this to that line.

This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from Prime Minister or People In Charge of State of Emergency.

Two is a completely different condition to enter.

Issued by the PMO is an add on that every government use.  The reason is that there may be people out there that can come in and help the country that are specialized.  It is a HUGE emergency thing.  A person with a family here especially coming from a country like US Italy or UK is not going to get authorized of permission.  To help a family they will say the best thing for the family is for dad to stay away.  The other issue tht they will have is that in order to get to where your family is you will have to come into contact with.  It is the same with a lot of things.

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Issued by the PMO is an add on that every government use.  The reason is that there may be people out there that can come in and help the country that are specialized.  It is a HUGE emergency thing.  A person with a family here especially coming from a country like US Italy or UK is not going to get authorized of permission.  To help a family they will say the best thing for the family is for dad to stay away.  The other issue tht they will have is that in order to get to where your family is you will have to come into contact with.  It is the same with a lot of things.

That is only your assumption and I think it is incorrect.

A person should at least try to do what I suggested. They would. still have to meet the "Fit to Fly" requirements.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only your assumption and I think it is incorrect.

A person should at least try to do what I suggested. They would. still have to meet the "Fit to Fly" requirements.

I think now the chance for a positive outcome is 0%:

FYI. 

I

The Thai Embassy in Switzerland just told me a waiver is not possible through them.

The 1111 telephone number said the same as the gov statement, only foreigners with a work permit may enter

This may change after end of April.

Good luck