BANGKOK
snoop1130

China tapped for more masks to protect medics

China tapped for more masks to protect medics

By The Nation

800_cec51930cc3e375.png

Sophon Mekthon, GPO chairman

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) has approved a budget of 660 million baht for urgent procurement of an extra 400,000 sets of N95 face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) from China.

GPO chairman Sophon Mekthon said medical equipment and supplies had to be imported from overseas because production in Thailand cannot meet demand.

“China has a large source of supplies so we can procure as much as we need,” he said on Tuesday (March 31). “Deliveries of 150,000 sets of medical equipment will arrive by air this week, while shipments of 250,000 sets will be transported by sea in the next two or three weeks.”

He explained that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had earlier chaired a meeting of the Covid-19 situation management centre, which directed the the Ministry of Public Health to procure protective equipment for medical personnel treating Covid-19 patients.

“Initially, the Covid-19 situation management centre aimed to procure 2 million N95 masks and the same number of PPE sets.”

The government had already allocated Bt1.5 billion to procure 264,000 N95 masks and 350,000 PPE sets, which the GPO had distributed to hospitals, he said.

“Our working group on logistics and stockpiling, chaired by Food and Drug Administration Secretary-General Dr Paisarn Dunkum, has been tasked with procuring and distributing medical equipment and supplies to ensure that deliveries are sufficient,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385211

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-01

Just now, dinsdale said:

Bought them up now selling back at profit to protect against a virus they (CCP) released to the world. Said it before and I'll say it again. I hope the truth comes out about this. Sometime down the line someone is going to leak/defect and blow the whistle on the CCP and the truth of this.

Why are you so confident that China did it? Do you have any valid reason or proof?

1. It could have been done by some other country to destroy China, as they were developing super fast.
  2. It could be something that started naturally, due to some unknown reason.

If it originated in any other country...

1. Would you accuse that country of introducing the virus?
  2. Would you still accuse China of introducing the virus?

Just asking, as it seems that the majority attitude seems "I am good, you are bad!"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, ravip said:

Why are you so confident that China did it? Do you have any valid reason or proof?

1. It could have been done by some other country to destroy China, as they were developing super fast.
  2. It could be something that started naturally, due to some unknown reason.

If it originated in any other country...

1. Would you accuse that country of introducing the virus?
  2. Would you still accuse China of introducing the virus?

Just asking, as it seems that the majority attitude seems "I am good, you are bad!"

The evidence is there and clear. The CCP are to blame for this.

The University of Southampton in England did very good research on this. Have a look. 

Don't conflate Chinese people with the CCP. That's what the CCP are trying to do and it's working on many people. 

• Like 2

They had better keep all of their medical supplies since they just reported 1300 new asymptomatic cases today.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

They had better keep all of their medical supplies since they just reported 1300 new asymptomatic cases today.

if i understand correctly, those are not new cases, but a new method of reporting existing cases.  they were already included in the reporting, but there was no distinction as to whether or not they were showing symptoms.  looks like they're now going to break down the currently active positive cases into two categories, showing symptoms and asymptomatic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just heard that Australia is about to buy 90 tonnes of medical stuff from China. Interesting as that is exactly what was bought up by Chinese in Aus. and sent to China. This is documented. Don't winge/Google.

I know...staggeringly stupid of Australia....but then again...we sell anything to the Chinese....!!

• Haha 1

I must have had a dream yesterday about Wissanu profoundly stating yesterday that the mask situation in Thailand is now solved...forget the past, now it's done!

Money for jam for some here in Thailand!

• Haha 1