Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

China tapped for more masks to protect medics

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

bad quality batches out of how many?  even so, seems even the usa is fighting for chinese masks.

 

but who to blame for this one?  the americans for paying double the contract value, in cash, or the chinese for welching on a deal.

 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france-us-coronavirus-masks-china

 

Should be less of a problem from now on:

China moves to ensure quality of medical supply exports
 

Quote

Starting Wednesday, exporters of medical products including COVID-19 testing kits, medical face masks, medical protective suits, ventilators and infrared thermometers need to provide extra documentation when they go through customs clearance, according to the commerce ministry.

The document, in either print or digital form, should contain a declaration that the products have been officially registered in China and meet the quality-control standards of respective export destinations, the commerce ministry said in a notice on its website.


Unregistered medical face masks effectively banned from export.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What does that have to do with Taiwan? 

The Taiwanese are Chinese too. The Chinese have very strong family values. Look at that story:
 

Quote

When Chinese-born businessman Luca Zhou flew home from China on Feb. 4 to rejoin his wife and 28-year-old son in Prato, he put himself straight into quarantine in his bedroom for 14 days, separated from his wife and son.

"We had seen what was happening in China and we were afraid for ourselves, our families and our friends," said the 56-year-old, who has a business exporting Italian wine to China.


Maybe you don't realise this - the Chinese traditionally do not hug or kiss each other (not even own family members), or even shake hands. That should tell you something about the Chinese and their long history of dealing with disease outbreaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Selatan said:

The Taiwanese are Chinese too. The Chinese have very strong family values. Look at that story:
 


Maybe you don't realise this - the Chinese traditionally do not hug or kiss each other (not even own family members), or even shake hands. That should tell you something about the Chinese and their long history of dealing with disease outbreaks. 

I’m talking about Taiwan. I recognize Taiwan as its own Independent state/country which has democracy. That democracy voted in their leader which was a huge message to Beijing that they want nothing to do with the CCP. Going back to my original point of why Taiwan is doing so well during this pandemic. The reason being they know the CCP better than anyone. They took this novel virus very seriously and dismissed and ignored Beijing’s lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I’m talking about Taiwan. I recognize Taiwan as its own Independent state/country which has democracy. That democracy voted in their leader which was a huge message to Beijing that they want nothing to do with the CCP. Going back to my original point of why Taiwan is doing so well during this pandemic. The reason being they know the CCP better than anyone. They took this novel virus very seriously and dismissed and ignored Beijing’s lies.

Again the same answer - it's a Chinese cultural thing. You farangs will never understand the inscrutable Chinese. No wonder all the so-called China experts of the West that predicted the fall of China for decades have failed miserably.

Chinese society is based on Confucian values. The state is considered as an extension of the family unit. 

China did so well in containing the epidemic within its borders so of course the West have to conclude that it must be lying. How about the West coming to the conclusion that the West had been taking things too lightly? The Prato story that I gave earlier is a microcosm about how the world deals with the pandemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selatan said:

Again the same answer - it's a Chinese cultural thing. You farangs will never understand the inscrutable Chinese. No wonder all the so-called China experts of the West that predicted the fall of China for decades have failed miserably.

Chinese society is based on Confucian values. The state is considered as an extension of the family unit. 

China did so well in containing the epidemic within its borders so of course the West have to conclude that it must be lying. How about the West coming to the conclusion that the West had been taking things too lightly? The Prato story that I gave earlier is a microcosm about how the world deals with the pandemic.

You've completely lost me.

 

The CCP has lied about their numbers. The leaders of the CCP are not to be conflated with the leaders of Taiwan. Taiwan wants nothing to do with the CCP - as the world is slowly but surely understanding why. Ask many a Taiwanese person (and Hong Kongers) if they share the same values as their brothers and sisters in mainland China - I can assure you most will answer you with a resounding 'no'. 

 

The West did take things too lightly. They listened to the numbers coming from the CCP and the WHO and actually took them with some degree of seriousness. We still seem to be not learning that our values in the West are often the polar opposite of theirs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, rkidlad said:

You've completely lost me.

 

The CCP has lied about their numbers. The leaders of the CCP are not to be conflated with the leaders of Taiwan. Taiwan wants nothing to do with the CCP - as the world is slowly but surely understanding why. Ask many a Taiwanese person (and Hong Kongers) if they share the same values as their brothers and sisters in mainland China - I can assure you most will answer you with a resounding 'no'. 

 

The West did take things too lightly. They listened to the numbers coming from the CCP and the WHO and actually took them with some degree of seriousness. We still seem to be not learning that our values in the West are often the polar opposite of theirs.  

Here's a perspective from an Indian, I think:

Fatal exceptionalism and lack of humility to learn from the Asian example
Covid-19, or how the West was undone by its assertion of civilizational difference bordering on provincial narcissism

 

Quote

And the reason so many Western nations didn’t make a considered policy choice had nothing to do with the difference in response times built into democracies and dictatorships. South Korea is a democracy, as is Taiwan. The reason was cultural. 


East Asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and SIngapore all have one thing in common - they are all Confucian-based societies. But Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Singapore didn't do as well as China during this crisis because they have been overly influenced by Western values. But of course, they would still outdo the West in this regard.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Here's a perspective from an Indian, I think:

Fatal exceptionalism and lack of humility to learn from the Asian example
Covid-19, or how the West was undone by its assertion of civilizational difference bordering on provincial narcissism

 


East Asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and SIngapore all have one thing in common - they are all Confucian-based societies. But Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Singapore didn't do as well as China during this crisis because they have been overly influenced by Western values. But of course, they would still outdo the West in this regard.

Yes, 4 weeks before China admitted they had a virus, they were getting Chinese companies to send back masks and alcohol wipes, etc. from abroad.

 

How to deal with a virus? Don't tell anyone, hoard as many medical supplies as you can in preparation, and then tell the rest of the world when it's too late. 

 

Let's not worry about where the last few viruses came from (China). I'm sure nothing like this will happen again. No need for China to change its habits. The West must now better prepare for viruses coming from countries with regimes that have no morals. What a lovely Confucian-based future the world can look forward to.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, 4 weeks before China admitted they had a virus, they were getting Chinese companies to send back masks and alcohol wipes, etc. from abroad.

 

How to deal with a virus? Don't tell anyone, hoard as many medical supplies as you can in preparation, and then tell the rest of the world when it's too late. 

 

Let's not worry about where the last few viruses came from (China). I'm sure nothing like this will happen again. No need for China to change its habits. The West must now better prepare for viruses coming from countries with regimes that have no morals. What a lovely Confucian-based future the world can look forward to.

 

 

 

don't imagine for a moment "we" were fooled by chinese lies, if they actually were lies, or if they were a lack of information or just poor communication.  doesn't matter.

 

"we" knew exactly what was going on in wuhan.  we have a consulate in wuhan, well-staffed with alphabet soup types and all the latest crypto gear.  we have agents on the ground and loads of helpful informers.  don't think for a second the nsa hasn't tapped into china's public security databases, and wasn't aware of purchases being made overseas, and swift transfers going to ppe gear manufacturers.

 

why do you think the congressional pandemic briefings were top secret?  "we" knew exactly what to expect.  instead of planning for it, our congressional overlords told us not to worry while they got busy dumping their stocks in secret.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

don't imagine for a moment "we" were fooled by chinese lies, if they actually were lies, or if they were a lack of information or just poor communication.  doesn't matter.

 

"we" knew exactly what was going on in wuhan.  we have a consulate in wuhan, well-staffed with alphabet soup types and all the latest crypto gear.  we have agents on the ground and loads of helpful informers.  don't think for a second the nsa hasn't tapped into china's public security databases, and wasn't aware of purchases being made overseas, and swift transfers going to ppe gear manufacturers.

 

why do you think the congressional pandemic briefings were top secret?  "we" knew exactly what to expect.  instead of planning for it, our congressional overlords told us not to worry while they got busy dumping their stocks in secret.

I never knew those in power in other countries knew the same as China did all along. Truly amazing. 

 

And to think they allowed this to happen so they cut dump stocks while at the same time allowing their economies to take multi trillion-dollar baths. I mean, it makes zero economic sense, but who cares about that? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, rkidlad said:

Yes, 4 weeks before China admitted they had a virus, they were getting Chinese companies to send back masks and alcohol wipes, etc. from abroad.

 

How to deal with a virus? Don't tell anyone, hoard as many medical supplies as you can in preparation, and then tell the rest of the world when it's too late. 

 

Let's not worry about where the last few viruses came from (China). I'm sure nothing like this will happen again. No need for China to change its habits. The West must now better prepare for viruses coming from countries with regimes that have no morals. What a lovely Confucian-based future the world can look forward to.

 

 

The world was already told by China on the Dec 31. Are you saying that there were efforts by Chinese companies to send back masks in the first week of Dec? As far as I know, there were efforts by Malaysians to gather masks to send to China, but only happened in Feb. After China brought its infection rate under control, it donated back masks and other supplies back to donors.

Malaysia lends a helping hand to China

The previous pandemic (H1N1 aka Swine Flu) came from the US. Using your logic, the Americans should stop eating chickens and pigs to prevent future pandemic.

Like I have said, it's a cultural thing. Here's a perspective from a Brazilian:

Confucius is winning the Covid-19 war
Compare hundreds of millions of Asians' serene response to the coroavirus crisis with the West's fear, panic and hysteria
 

Quote

Most of all, in an hour of extreme turbulence, it brings comfort to know that, “the strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” 

 

Edited by Selatan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 6:37 PM, ChouDoufu said:

 

don't imagine for a moment "we" were fooled by chinese lies, if they actually were lies, or if they were a lack of information or just poor communication.  doesn't matter.

 

"we" knew exactly what was going on in wuhan.  we have a consulate in wuhan, well-staffed with alphabet soup types and all the latest crypto gear.  we have agents on the ground and loads of helpful informers.  don't think for a second the nsa hasn't tapped into china's public security databases, and wasn't aware of purchases being made overseas, and swift transfers going to ppe gear manufacturers.

 

why do you think the congressional pandemic briefings were top secret?  "we" knew exactly what to expect.  instead of planning for it, our congressional overlords told us not to worry while they got busy dumping their stocks in secret.

You do know China too has a flu season, right? Tens of thousands of Chinese die of flu every year. In addition to flu, there's H1N1 spreading around. If there are more flu cases, of course there would be higher need for masks and PPE. The US too experienced a higher than normal number of flu cases last December. How many Covid-19 cases were wrongly lumped together with seasonal flu numbers, as admitted by the CDC, if nobody realised that a new virus had appeared? 

Edited by Selatan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Selatan said:

You do know China too has a flu season, right? Tens of thousands of Chinese die of flu every year. In addition to flu, there's H1N1 spreading around. If there are more flu cases, of course there would be higher need for masks and PPE. The US too experienced a higher than normal number of flu cases last December. How many Covid-19 cases were wrongly lumped together with seasonal flu numbers, as admitted by the CDC, if nobody realised that a new virus had appeared? 

They would have know at least two weeks before this tweet that this information was gravely inaccurate and misleading. China lied and people died. Oh, notice the date. 69683AE5-7AC4-4D86-9FB4-3EA6CD7B6433.thumb.png.143ee78e550435e09154743d8c205bef.png

Edited by rkidlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Selatan said:

The world was already told by China on the Dec 31. Are you saying that there were efforts by Chinese companies to send back masks in the first week of Dec? As far as I know, there were efforts by Malaysians to gather masks to send to China, but only happened in Feb. After China brought its infection rate under control, it donated back masks and other supplies back to donors.

Malaysia lends a helping hand to China

The previous pandemic (H1N1 aka Swine Flu) came from the US. Using your logic, the Americans should stop eating chickens and pigs to prevent future pandemic.

Like I have said, it's a cultural thing. Here's a perspective from a Brazilian:

Confucius is winning the Covid-19 war
Compare hundreds of millions of Asians' serene response to the coroavirus crisis with the West's fear, panic and hysteria
 

 

yes, of course chinese companies were buying masks to send back to wuhan!  they were running out, but not in december.

 

the reports of this were masks being collected at the end of january, shipped out first week of february.

 

within a week of that, factories were back in operation.  no need to purchase masks overseas, instead they started to export.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Selatan said:

You do know China too has a flu season, right? Tens of thousands of Chinese die of flu every year. In addition to flu, there's H1N1 spreading around. If there are more flu cases, of course there would be higher need for masks and PPE. The US too experienced a higher than normal number of flu cases last December. How many Covid-19 cases were wrongly lumped together with seasonal flu numbers, as admitted by the CDC, if nobody realised that a new virus had appeared? 

i thought chinese flu season was in september.  irrelevant, though.

 

point is that 'we' (our government) had a pretty good understanding of the situation in wuhan, and knew that it wasn't the ordinary flu.  we don't maintain full-spectrum dominance for nothing!  we were not surprised by this, simply unprepared.

 

who was notified end of december, director of us cdc got a call from his counterpart at china cdc on january 3 or 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...