BANGKOK
snoop1130

China tapped for more masks to protect medics

On 4/2/2020 at 4:41 AM, humbug said:

CCP is accident prone, along with embarrassing itself trying to replicate US’s position in the world

(If you have a choice, who the hell wants to be controlled by communists)

unless you are a Han Chinese nationalist trying to fool people, hoping to protect a nation from losing face, the Wuhan virus came from Wuhan, China, from a type of horseshoe bat, which it’s natural habitat is 600 miles away in Zhoushan, China,

close by the epicenter of the outbreak, near the wet market, there is a level 2, research lab, where researchers, used research on 2000 different types of viruses, mostly bats, level 2, is weak security lab, level 4, is high security lab,

CCP covered up the outbreak October/November onwards, that means with Chinese mass tourism, most countries didn’t know they were already infected with some cases in November/December 

CCP locked up whistleblower doctors in December, then lied to the world about human to human transmission until mid-January. Let’s also remember, they sent a trade team to sign phase one trade deal in January, because of last years Chinese swine disease, which they had to kill 50% of their pig population, and US is large pig exporter, and they still never warned the world on the new virus.

CCP are wholly to blame, their communist system is the reason the world was deceived and lied too, for more than 2 months on the severity of the outbreak In Wuhan 

Let’s not even begin to dissect their fake numbers of deaths, it’s what communist countries do, very little human rights, just look at the way, one mortuary had thousands of urns to hand back, there are 35 mortuarys in Wuhan alone, and CCP claimed their country death total was 2-3,000 from the Wuhan virus

very few people will ever know the truth if it was an accident by CCP or deliberate by CCP, or even less now are saying it’s natural from the wet market, but more information is connecting the low level 2 research lab in Wuhan, than a natural cause, the CCP and their system is the reason for this mess, if they were more honest even in December, the world would have 95% less of a problem from the Wuhan virus, and the biggest talking points in Thailand would be air pollution

Don't kid yourself.

That is a Bio Safety level 4 facility, certified to handle the most lethal contagions like Ebola

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

They would have know at least two weeks before this tweet that this information was gravely inaccurate and misleading. China lied and people died. Oh, notice the date. 69683AE5-7AC4-4D86-9FB4-3EA6CD7B6433.thumb.png.143ee78e550435e09154743d8c205bef.png

new york times says in a january 20 report that china confirmed person to person transmission, (allegedly)  when there were only 200 cases with 4 dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/world/asia/coronavirus-china-symptoms.html

check your medical terminology:   no clear evidence vs. confirmed.  in particular, what does "no clear evidence" mean?  does it mean disproven or denied?  or would you agree it means "suspected, but not proven"?

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

What about importing some masks into Thailand from China?

I still can't buy N95 masks from pharmacies. There are tons of ordinary cloth masks available which is almost useless.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They would have know at least two weeks before this tweet that this information was gravely inaccurate and misleading. China lied and people died. Oh, notice the date. 

here's another example of how this medical talk works.  sometimes they just don't know enough to answer with certainty.

WHO officials say its unclear whether recovered coronavirus patients are immune to second infection

World Health Organization officials said not all people who recover from the coronavirus have the antibodies to fight a second infection, raising questions as to whether or not patients develop immunity after surviving Covid-19. 

“With regards to recovery and then re-infection, I believe we do not have the answers to that. That is an unknown,” Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO’s emergencies programs, said at a press conference at the organization’s Geneva headquarters on Monday. 

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/who-officials-say-its-unclear-whether-recovered-coronavirus-patients-are-immune-to-second-infection.html

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

new york times says in a january 20 report that china confirmed person to person transmission, (allegedly)  when there were only 200 cases with 4 dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/world/asia/coronavirus-china-symptoms.html

check your medical terminology:   no clear evidence vs. confirmed.  in particular, what does "no clear evidence" mean?  does it mean disproven or denied?  or would you agree it means "suspected, but not proven"?

Normally when someone says, “there’s no clear evidence” it means there’s no clear evidence. We are supposed to assume that it’s okay because it can’t be proved otherwise. 

Again, this was gravely misleading and they knew exactly what they were doing. 

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

here's another example of how this medical talk works.  sometimes they just don't know enough to answer with certainty.

WHO officials say its unclear whether recovered coronavirus patients are immune to second infection

World Health Organization officials said not all people who recover from the coronavirus have the antibodies to fight a second infection, raising questions as to whether or not patients develop immunity after surviving Covid-19. 

“With regards to recovery and then re-infection, I believe we do not have the answers to that. That is an unknown,” Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO’s emergencies programs, said at a press conference at the organization’s Geneva headquarters on Monday. 

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/who-officials-say-its-unclear-whether-recovered-coronavirus-patients-are-immune-to-second-infection.html

If you don’t know, always err on the side of caution. We don’t know, but let’s assume it’s a real possibility so take all necessary precautions. Don’t get angry when people talk about and impose travel bans, and then have your lackeys say, “travel bans won’t help and there’s no clear evidence of human to human contact”. 

I never listen to the CCP, they’re an authoritarian regime who can’t be trusted for a second. But I did foolishly take what the WHO said seriously. Little did I know, like many others, they were just a mouthpiece for the CCP. Have a look at the interview with the HK reporter asking the WHO member about Taiwan’s efforts. He simply wouldn’t answer and made a complete fool of himself. 

If your aim is to try and shift the blame towards the West and take it away from the CCP, you’re wasting your time. Your battle to spin the narrative will only get harder every day as more and more people realize they’ve been duped.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:24 AM, sukhumvitneon said:

lmao...I have no words

Obviously.......

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Normally when someone says, “there’s no clear evidence” it means there’s no clear evidence. We are supposed to assume that it’s okay because it can’t be proved otherwise. 

ok, so you're having trouble with the concept of "no clear evidence" being a cautionary response to a currently burning question.

in the real world it means there's a theory or supposition that it may be the case, investigations are ongoing, but we still can't say for sure.  yes, there is some evidence, yet not enough to make a determination.  it's ....ummm.... how you say ..... unclear.

for example, you might say vaping has been linked to liver cancer, as one or two studies may have discovered a correlation, but.....no clear evidence of a causal link.  not enough data to confirm the hypothesis.  that in no way leads one to assume vaping does not lead to liver cancer.

or visit yesterday's who statement in response to a question whether recovered patients have immunity to second infections.  it's "unclear," or try this, there's "no clear evidence" to say with certainty.

how anyone could imagine it gives the all clear, that's it's all okay, is ridiculous.  in that case, the twooter would have twirted "has confirmed no human-human transmission."

8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

ok, so you're having trouble with the concept of "no clear evidence" being a cautionary response to a currently burning question.

in the real world it means there's a theory or supposition that it may be the case, investigations are ongoing, but we still can't say for sure.  yes, there is some evidence, yet not enough to make a determination.  it's ....ummm.... how you say ..... unclear.

for example, you might say vaping has been linked to liver cancer, as one or two studies may have discovered a correlation, but.....no clear evidence of a causal link.  not enough data to confirm the hypothesis.  that in no way leads one to assume vaping does not lead to liver cancer.

or visit yesterday's who statement in response to a question whether recovered patients have immunity to second infections.  it's "unclear," or try this, there's "no clear evidence" to say with certainty.

how anyone could imagine it gives the all clear, that's it's all okay, is ridiculous.  in that case, the twooter would have twirted "has confirmed no human-human transmission."

They came out with the statement. If they wanted the onus on them not knowing, a better and more responsible statement would have been "We simply don't know how this virus works. It's better to be safe, avoid all forms of travelling, wear a mask and distance yourself from others. Something you should do with any virus you don't want to contract when being cautious. Especially with a virus they knew was deadly and we knew there's no vaccine for. 

I never said they gave anyone the all clear. You just said that and I'd appreciate if you didn't misrepresent my words. I said their message was gravely misleading and inaccurate. Misleading as in it gave people a false sense of security, and misleading as doctors in China would have known about human-to-human contact weeks before.

The omission of the truth is a lie. And they told the ultimate one. China lied and people died. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

They came out with the statement. If they wanted the onus on them not knowing, a better and more responsible statement would have been "We simply don't know how this virus works. It's better to be safe, avoid all forms of travelling, wear a mask and distance yourself from others. Something you should do with any virus you don't want to contract when being cautious. Especially with a virus they knew was deadly and we knew there's no vaccine for. 

I never said they gave anyone the all clear. You just said that and I'd appreciate if you didn't misrepresent my words. I said their message was gravely misleading and inaccurate. Misleading as in it gave people a false sense of security, and misleading as doctors in China would have known about human-to-human contact weeks before.

The omission of the truth is a lie. And they told the ultimate one. China lied and people died. 

okay.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

12 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

okay.

February 6. Please don’t tell me what “no clear evidence” means.

B6F3043F-9E38-4226-8C82-F34D926FDF7A.png

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

February 6. Please don’t tell me what “no clear evidence” means.

february 06 is about 3 weeks later than january 14.  much may be discovered in that period of time.

there may be 'no clear evidence' at one point in time, whereas they may indeed be 'clear evidence' sometime in the future.

i apologize for the misunderstanding if english is not your native language.  sometimes i forget there are expats from all over the world living in thailand.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

february 06 is about 3 weeks later than january 14.  much may be discovered in that period of time.

there may be 'no clear evidence' at one point in time, whereas they may indeed be 'clear evidence' sometime in the future.

i apologize for the misunderstanding if english is not your native language.  sometimes i forget there are expats from all over the world living in thailand.

He warned people way before. You either take warnings from doctors seriously or you think it’s more important to control the narrative. 

I’m a native-English speaker. If you wanna go that route, we use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and always for the pronoun ‘I’. 

Edited by rkidlad

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

He warned people way before. You either take warnings from doctors seriously or you think it’s more important to control the narrative. 

I’m a native-English speaker. If you wanna go that route, we use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and always for the pronoun ‘I’. 

a social media post from an ophthalmologist repeating claims he heard from other doctors is what we call an anecdote, not "clear evidence."

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

a social media post from an ophthalmologist repeating claims he heard from other doctors is what we call an anecdote, not "clear evidence."

And it’s that attitude that’s got us where we are. He told them about a coronavirus, and they told him to be quiet, and quote, “stop being stubborn”. Check the police report that he signed. 

Guess Beijing thought a doctor warning of a corona virus wasn’t “clear evidence” so just ignored it. Lovely regime. Oh, he warned of the virus December 30th 2019.

Edited by rkidlad