Tell the BBC to go somewhere.

I recently had a fellow come to my door and as I live in London I don't normally answer my door but on this occasion I did.

He said in a polite manner, "I am doing a survey on TV licences, can I ask you a few questions?"

I replied "I don't have one neither do I have a TV set" in an equally polite manner and with that he said "thank you very much", turned around and left.

I thought no more of it until a few weeks later I realised I'd not received any warning letters since his visit. I used to get them on a regular basis each month.

So it seems that pretending to be conducting a survey is a new ploy their inspectors are using.

• Confused 2
1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

Why carry on paying for this disservice? 

Q....“Can I come in your house sir to check you don’t have access to our channels?”

A....”Of course you can mr representative of a bias media, mind the step and don’t mind my persistent cough”

And you want to say???? Are you not free to stop using their service if you are not happy?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I recently had a fellow come to my door and as I live in London I don't normally answer my door but on this occasion I did.

He said in a polite manner, "I am doing a survey on TV licences, can I ask you a few questions?"

I replied "I don't have one neither do I have a TV set" in an equally polite manner and with that he said "thank you very much", turned around and left.

I thought no more of it until a few weeks later I realised I'd not received any warning letters since his visit. I used to get them on a regular basis each month.

So it seems that pretending to be conducting a survey is a new ploy their inspectors are using.

Having a TV set isn't the important thing, so many people think it's all about the TV. 

It's about watching any live TV.

I opted out online, declared I wasn't watching live TV which I wasn't and that was the end of it