No hint of worry about virus at the local PEA office.

Monomial

So the guy drove up on his motorcycle today and let us know they would pull our meter today if we didn't pay the electric bill. So I had to go down to the PEA office to pay.  The place was packed, and social distancing was nowhere to be seen. Seems they didn't get the memo.   There was standing room only with other poor schmucks like me who are struggling right now and are trying to stretch every baht to the absolute last day.

Of course, our meter deposit still has not been refunded. So much for the "we won't disconnect your power while waiting for a refund" statement from a few days ago.

I wouldn't mind if the government said the economy was more important and just did away with this shutdown.  That is a decision that is made over my pay grade. What I find unacceptable is that they disembowel my only source of income, and then think that the PEA is somehow special and shouldn't have to suffer the same fate. 

I don't feel like "we're all in this together."  Apparently, some are more together than others....

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Too late now but Couldn't you pay at a 7/11...they do it even if it's after the date, so do Lotus....of course some Somchais say mai dai but just go the next one

That doesn't work when they tell you they will pull the meter if it isn't paid today. You can only do it at the PEA office then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monomial said:

You need to have money in the bank for that to work. What I have left is cash in my house.

Sorry to hear you are struggling mate. Tough times. I hope it gets sorted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monomial said:

You need to have money in the bank for that to work. What I have left is cash in my house.

Sorry, but only having one source of money does not sound like good financial planning to me.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Sorry, but only having one source of money does not sound like good financial planning to me.

Maybe something happen beyond control? OP don't have to give an explanation why he's maybe a bit low on Bank funds. ????

• Like 1