BANGKOK
RocketDog

So: face masks do help reduce infection

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Hong Kong scientists recently put it very succinctly: absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence.

The supposed lack of evidence is due to a lack of research. But countries where most people do wear face masks seem to be doing a better job of reducing infections than those where most people don't.

and  God  is real too, in fact anything you  want to believe without evidence is  true, we  should  all be in an isolation bubble 10 miles  apart dressed  in yellow singing kumbyaaaaa, lack of evidence doesnt mean this is  incorrect.......surely??

Edited by Chazar
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

But the childish idiots

nice, why not cretinous morons? or stupid ......insert expletive of choice to make your point....

Edited by Chazar

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RocketDog said:

common sense

does not exist in  quantum mechanics and many other examples where  people thought  "common sense" meant something, luminiferous aether was  all the rage    150  years  ago....common sense there must have been one

Edited by Chazar

5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

But countries where most people do wear face masks seem to be doing a better job of reducing infections than those where most people don't.

So you are taking one aspect of very complex Asian lifestyle and assuming that is the sole reason for lack of infection. Correlation does not imply causation.

There are a multitude of differences in Asian cultures that are experiencing less current infections that cultures that aren't. But you seem to be ignoring all other differences and focusing on the one thing that is front and centre.

By your logic I could declare that countries that eat the most short grain rice have the least infections. I could also declare that countries that consume the most olive oil per capita get the most virus - but I'd be wrong.

Why would I be wrong? Italy, Spain and America go through a metric crapload of olive oil and they have the most infections. How is that logic different to your logic on masks?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

"Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day ..."

Not if its a  digital clock or a  24hour  clock😜