Phuket power outages to be reduced, but will continue

webfact

Phuket power outages to be reduced, but will continue

By The Phuket News

1585741367_1-org.jpg

The power outages will continue, but will be reduced in frequency and impact, says the PEA. Photo; PEA

PHUKET: Power outages across the island will continue but are to be reduced in frequency and in impact as the island enters lockdown mode, the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) has told The Phuket News.

One PEA officer who asked not to be named confirmed to The Phuket News today (Apr 1) that his office had received many complaints about the power outages as people are now staying home more.

“We are installing equipment on power poles as planned before the spread of the virus, but after receiving lots of complaints we will reduce the frequency of the outages and the size of affected area,” he said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-power-outages-to-be-reduced-but-will-continue-75538.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-02

I hope so. Had two planned outages in recent time that lasted pretty much all day. I really hope they install a proper system architecture that lets them do maintenance without turning off electricity for large areas.

But what I am more concerned about is the water supply. It has been absolutely abysmal the past months and even now without tourists and therefor much reduced consumption they didn't turn the supply back on. Out of the past 2 months the water supply was on for maybe 4 days.