One in four women is not free to say no to sex, U.N. research finds

webfact

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If it was a survey of married white women, there would be no need to ask that question.

I wonder if there is a gene that makes western women randy till after they get married. My first partner was up for it till she had me trapped. She tried it on her next victim too, but he wasn't going to have that and divorced her pronto.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Well, the genetic aspect is certainly worth exploring if you are still pre-occupied with the business of your ex-wife's libido ... but ... [pauses, looks up at ceiling and taps chin thoughtfully with forefinger] .... maybe learned experience may account for her changed post-nuptial behaviour. Hard to pinpoint the cause really. Move on?

I have no idea as to the point you are attempting to make. Perhaps you could repeat in more simple language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pdtokyo said:

In Australia, Sydney, Mudgee, Nowra, Brisbane and Melbourne and various points between ... quite a few ... admittedly more so driving the trucks and buses and prime-movers and dump trucks and as mechanics ... but maybe Oz doesn't qualify as West ... more South really. 

Yes, similar to the UK it seems.

However, your reply to my post, doesn't really address what I was saying.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given you were quoting me I'd like to know what you meant.

I took it as they were suggesting that there may be a genetic cause to your ex-wife's behavior, or it maybe behavior that she learnt from someone else (normally parents).  I think her final suggestion is to not give it any more thought and forget about it.

I feel, while this is a good suggestion in terms of forgetting what happened and moving on with your life, I'm not sure if the user has your best interests at heart or if they would rather not see anyone considering that anything bad a woman does is innate.  This would really go against the "women good/men bad and anything that women do that is bad is caused by men" view that many "feminists" espouse.

Personally, given the behavior you see in women and men and the difference in their motivation to have sex, there is probably something genetic in terms of women being more likely to want sex if they seek to gain something.  Women will prostitute themselves for money, have sex with disgusting but rich men, show libido variance related to wanting to secure a mate or get something.  I don't believe the same can be said for men, however, they do go to ridiculous lengths to secure income which then translates to access to sex.  Then again, you do sometimes see men prostituting themselves in certain circumstances.  And you could consider most jobs to be an exploitation of the body.

It's an interesting subject and if you want to explore it, you are free to do so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I took it as they were suggesting that there may be a genetic cause to your ex-wife's behavior, or it maybe behavior that she learnt from someone else (normally parents).  I think her final suggestion is to not give it any more thought and forget about it.

I wasn't talking about my wife per se, but rather about women as a whole. I only lived with two women in my life ( other than my birth family ) and both of them pulled the same BS on me. I worked with women, and most that would talk about it in front of me seemed to be of the opinion that sex was a means to an end, while I'm sure most men consider sex as the objective.

15 minutes ago, faraday said:

I see I got yet another 'confused emoji' from Chomps, on my posts # 17 & #23.

He's quite skilled at that. And at avoiding giving a reasonable response.

Bless him.....

@Chomper Higgot

It's not at all difficult to work out why I did so. 

Both #17 and #23 are wide of the topic under discussion. 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I actually believe most women are quite cold and calculating about acquiring a home.

It's planned from the first date, sex is the hook, she only pretended to be randy.

LTR bang and a sports bang are totally different choices for women with different objectives and totally different men. Sports bang (and probably insemination bang) will be with thug/drug dealer/murderer/bad boy not LTR guy.

I doubt there are many women who marry men they actually desire.

Correct. And then they take all their hard feelings about playing with the bad boys out on the hard-working chumps they lasso for the long run. Or, to be fair, this is more common than they would care to admit.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I actually believe most women are quite cold and calculating about acquiring a home.

It's planned from the first date, sex is the hook, she only pretended to be randy.

LTR bang and a sports bang are totally different choices for women with different objectives and totally different men. Sports bang (and probably insemination bang) will be with thug/drug dealer/murderer/bad boy not LTR guy.

I doubt there are many women who marry men they actually desire.

It is us men who suffer from a deep emotional life, women do not suffer from it in such large extremes. They have generally played the game a whole lot more than you and lost a whole lot more than you. Because being a woman is like being a rocking star for a man, constant options and attentions, the other sex throwing themselves at you.  Their experience outclasses ours.

Because they've been lied to and disappointed so much basically they think everything is game and will lie even worse.

Like Whitney Houston said, it's a contact sport.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My misses has the right to say no, along with the right to find somewhere else to live.

Not a very nice attitude, life can be great without sex you know.

My wife and i no sex now in over 6 years, just as happy now without sex as we were when we were doing it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It's not at all difficult to work out why I did so. 

Both #17 and #23 are wide of the topic under discussion. 

Really......?

Paragraph # 3 from the OP.

"Achieving gender equality by 2030 was one of the global goals adopted by the United Nations in 2015 to tackle social ills like poverty and conflict."

And, if you look at the link, provided by pdtokyo in his post #3, then look at the picture, where a female is holding a card up....read what those words say.

So, not really, in you saying my posts were:

"wide of the mark"

Comprehension not your strong point, or do you just like to be controversial?

Here's an explanation of that big word:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/controversial

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It is us men who suffer from a deep emotional life, women do not suffer from it in such large extremes. They have generally played the game a whole lot more than you and lost a whole lot more than you. Because being a woman is like being a rocking star for a man, constant options and attentions, the other sex throwing themselves at you.  Their experience outclasses ours.

Because they've been lied to and disappointed so much basically they think everything is game and will lie even worse.

Like Whitney Houston said, it's a contact sport.

Do you actually know anything about women, because your first sentence is completely inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My misses has the right to say no, along with the right to find somewhere else to live and the right to find someone else to pay all her expenses..

Perhaps find a missus that doesnt rely on you for that and would be with you for love, instead of for money. I couldnt marry a girl knowing i have her basically imprisoned to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Perhaps find a missus that doesnt rely on you for that and would be with you for love, instead of for money. I couldnt marry a girl knowing i have her basically imprisoned to me.

Tried that in the UK, 30 years of no sex and she still got everything in the divorce she initiated.

My current misses has many choices, she just sees working for a living as the worst possible choice.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Greeks were onto the game C700BC,

Why aren't we? Concerning the god Pandora,

Hesiod writes, "From her is the race of women and female kind: of her is the deadly race and tribe of women who live amongst mortal men to their great trouble, no helpmeets in hateful poverty, but only in wealth".

Edited by talahtnut
addition
  • Like 1