One in four women is not free to say no to sex, U.N. research finds

webfact

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lets look i.e. at the land of the free: How many women vote for many officials who are against abortion? Many women do that, otherwise these people wouldn't be elected. And many women chose to support religions and preachers who force women in certain roles. Why do women do that?

If all women would insist that they are free and only 10% of men would support them that would still be the majority. Women have the power to change things the way they want it. Or, in other words, it shows that many women want it like it is.

You think, any woman ha s any choice in the muslim dominated countries ? Or in several macho dominated catholic countries liek Mexico ?

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My misses has the right to say no, along with the right to find somewhere else to live and the right to find someone else to pay all her expenses..

PDtokyo on ignore for being 'sad'.

I don't need sad people in my life, or confused people for that matter.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

you're a great speller though ... hold on to that.

misanthrope
noun

1. a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.
    "Scrooge wasn't the mean-spirited misanthrope most of us believe him to be"

Where is the spelling?

7 hours ago, faraday said:

How many women in the West, have you seen:

Working Construction?

In Garbage disposal - ie running behind the truck collecting the bins?

see it a lot in China though.

18 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

I'm neither crazy or cruel, according to most.

Colin I did not know about you being a paraplegic, and I was actually just curious if it was an arrangement you had with your missus or something - and that's why I asked.

So please accept my unconditional apology - "Sorry Colin".

You dont fit in on tv. No one apologises ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, colinneil said:

Not a very nice attitude, life can be great without sex you know.

My wife and i no sex now in over 6 years, just as happy now without sex as we were when we were doing it.

Have you had your hormone levels checked? While men may do without, I doubt it's normal to have no desire for it in a young to late middle aged man. I consider my self late middle age sex desire wise though age wise I'm classified as old.

Of course you may actually be an exception to the rule.

On 4/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, colinneil said:

Crazy thing to say to a paraplegic, next time think before you post.????

I lived with a wheelchair using para, so know much about it. Just being a para is not a block to having sex. Depends on the level of disability. I'd never have even considered her as a partner if she hadn't seduced me the first time we met. Been a para since age of 12 and she had had 2 children with her first husband.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:11 PM, pdtokyo said:

hear hear ... after 3 or 4 months prowling TV i should not be surprised at the seemingly high proportion of males on this site with early 20th century attitudes towards their 'partners' ... but i am.

On the bright side, i hope many of them treat this site as some sort of Trumpian 'locker room' and in real life actually show (and receive) a bit of genuine love and affection, but gee, some of the posts are so sad and confused i'm running out of stamps. 

Strange as it may seem it is possible to have genuine love and affection for someone and still have sex with them. One does not preclude the other.

I'm puzzled as to why men should marry someone that doesn't want sex. Some of us married someone that we thought would, and only found out the reality too late.

In the case of my first partner, she had to have an hysterectomy just after we moved in together, which saved me for when I finally realised that she was never going to have any with me again and left her. She miraculously discovered sex again when she was on the prowl for another sucker to take care of her.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, Sujo said:

Perhaps find a missus that doesnt rely on you for that and would be with you for love, instead of for money. I couldnt marry a girl knowing i have her basically imprisoned to me.

In my case I was the one imprisoned as I knew that if I left her I'd lose my house. In the end I just accepted that it was worth losing the house to escape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my case I was the one imprisoned as I knew that if I left her I'd lose my house. In the end I just accepted that it was worth losing the house to escape.

It's interesting that the user you are replying to chooses to view someone being with you only for your money as inevitably a prisoner to you.  I think it's quite telling that they universally paint the woman as the victim.  As far as I'm concerned it's just as likely for the woman to be totally in control of the man, even when the man is the higher earner.

It's also strange that they would suggest that you should rule out any woman who needs you financially and only select women that are essentially financially independent.  Given the age, attitude and availability of this kind of woman, it seems very limiting.  Even to the point where it would be far less likely to actually find a suitable candidate for a wife and mother if you were to apply this filter.  (Not to mention the fact that whether your potential mate is financially independent or not, they will still require you to be as such.)

It kind of sounds like they live in somewhat of a dream-world.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the case of my first partner, she had to have an hysterectomy just after we moved in together, which saved me for when I finally realised that she was never going to have any with me again and left her. She miraculously discovered sex again when she was on the prowl for another sucker to take care of her.

Women will often use any convenient excuse not to have sex with a live in partner.

If you're weak enough to allow it of course.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Women will often use any convenient excuse not to have sex with a live in partner.

If you're weak enough to allow it of course.

I'm sure she actually had an hysterectomy- bit excessive to have one just to not have sex though.

Weak- not so much, Stupid- yes ( I should never have let her move in with me ). Back then I thought it was normal, and she had waited till I bought the house to cut me off.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure she actually had an hysterectomy- bit excessive to have one just to not have sex though.

Weak- not so much, Stupid- yes ( I should never have let her move in with me ). Back then I thought it was normal, and she had waited till I bought the house to cut me off.

Not having a womb is no real excuse for not having sex with the man you love.

(after a normal recovery period)

If you love your husband, you will want him to be happy.

Having sex makes most men happy, it doesn't cost her anything, it doesn't take much of her her time, she doesn't need to make any physical effort, it doesn't hurt her.

Ergo If she refuses you sex, it means she doesn't love you, and doesn't care about your happiness.

It took me a while to understand this, but it's really entirely obvious.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not having a womb is no real excuse for not having sex with the man you love.

(after a normal recovery period)

If you love your husband, you will want him to be happy.

Having sex makes most men happy, it doesn't cost her anything, it doesn't take much of her her time, she doesn't need to make any physical effort, it doesn't hurt her.

Ergo If she refuses you sex, it means she doesn't love you, and doesn't care about your happiness.

It took me a while to understand this, but it's really entirely obvious.

I'm fully aware of the lack of a womb etc.

She only wanted me to make her happy; my happiness was not her priority.

She didn't love me, and after about a year stopped saying she did. By then she thought she had me where she wanted me.

It's all obvious to me now. Then, not so much, and I really didn't want to lose my house. I was fooling myself till I couldn't anymore. Then I left her. She thought she could change my mind with a fruit basket! She obviously thought I was a complete fool. Got nasty when she realised I wasn't coming back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, amykat said:

You guys should all meet for a vacation and have one huge circle jerk while continuing this pathetic discussion of your various theories ... and just give up women.

I came to my senses and have given up women. Had I realised that 40 years ago I'd be wealthy and happier now.

• Like 1