Russian plane with coronavirus medical gear lands in U.S. after Trump-Putin call

webfact

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I wonder how the Russian people will respond to this once the virus starts massively spreading (if it isn't already) in their cities.

They may never be informed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

They may never be informed.

I think they will be informed in a very pro-Putin manner, but that won't fool everyone.

I also suspect the official Covid-19 numbers from Russia are fake.  Putin can suppress information about an epidemic for a while, but not indefinitely.  After that his "generosity" will come back to haunt him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Emergency aid to Washington was a striking development. Usually, the United States donates supplies to embattled countries rather than accepting them.

But...but...he's making America great again!

????

• Haha 2

"Emergency aid to Washington was a striking development. Usually, the United States donates supplies to embattled countries rather than accepting them. The origin of the gift was bound to revive criticism from Democrats that Trump has been too cozy with the Russian leader."

Should this end up being the case , then any support I have for the Democrats would be greatly diminished.

What warped and selfish logic mixes 'prestige' in with giving and receiving in a time of need?

Some of these whingers are the first to complain that nobody ever helps 'helpful' America.

But perhaps this  statement is  just media again "poking the elephant" in their lust to create  more 'news' .

"Before Trump the US played a leadership role in helping other countries in crisis.  Now Russia and China are the world leaders and the US is reduced to accepting handouts from Russia."

You confuse unpreparedness with economic might.

Graciously accepting support in a crisis is a key part of diplomatic relations .

Not doing so , for Your People , indicates a basket regime - aka  Myanmar and North Korea !

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Better make sure the ventilators work before you issue them. Russian quality is at erm that exists in the same realm as Chinese truth. Three, two, one....count down to a Trumpsmarm comment shortly.

Sure to work better than ones  that  do not exist at all ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blazes said:

Congratulations:  you are the first on this thread to turn an act of charity between two world powers into the small-mindedness of anti-Trump hysteria.

I did not see it anti Trump hysteria at all

I saw a rhetorical question, which can be pondered.

Perhaps the accpetance of an act of humanitarianism will increase accpetance of differences and greater dialogue across national borders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yes, but why were we unprepared? 

"For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure."   https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/

Its amazing how folks think  lies and spin will become true if they simply keep repeating it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

that was such a great line, too bad it was coined by a numpty, albiet an interesting one.

After Nixon's 1968 victory, Safire served as a speechwriter for him and for Spiro Agnew; he is well known for having created Agnew's famous term, "nattering nabobs of negativism.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

After Nixon's 1968 victory, Safire served as a speechwriter for him and for Spiro Agnew; he is well known for having created Agnew's famous term, "nattering nabobs of negativism.

Hey thanks, who do you think I was referring to? Safire was a major numpty, albiet cool in his own way. Spiro was just the cranky old Greek guy that made it famous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You think documented facts and direct quotes from Trump are "lies and spin".  That says it all.

Yes it does. I shows how folks beleive whatever the media and social  media spoon feed them, regardless of the truth, facts and context. But the American people will decide in November, and any more would be off topic. Because the topic is....RUSSIA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big players don't do charity, they do propaganda.

This is a good move from Putin. It sends a clear message to the world "USA needs Russia's help to survive".

Nevertheless, it's a good thing that there is co-operation between Russia and USA during the times of distress.

I hope this will not hinder USA to take action, once Russia is going for military action towards Eastern Ukraine in the near future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Nevertheless, it's a good thing that there is co-operation between Russia and USA during the times of distress.

They need to cooperate against the common enemy, the Chinese. Ive been saying that since the murderous Soviet regime imploded.

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I hope this will not hinder USA to take action, once Russia is going for military action towards Eastern Ukraine in the near future.

I sooooo wish this was on topic! 

• Like 1