BANGKOK
webfact

Russian plane with coronavirus medical gear lands in U.S. after Trump-Putin call

Covid bringing the world together great to see, except N.Korea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I wonder how the Russian people will respond to this once the virus starts massively spreading (if it isn't already) in their cities.

They may never be informed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

They may never be informed.

I think they will be informed in a very pro-Putin manner, but that won't fool everyone.

I also suspect the official Covid-19 numbers from Russia are fake.  Putin can suppress information about an epidemic for a while, but not indefinitely.  After that his "generosity" will come back to haunt him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, heybruce said:

After that his "generosity" will come back to haunt him.

Not even in dreams ..
On the one hand it gives,
on the other it takes 1000 times more.
See what's going on with the price of crumbling oil ...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Emergency aid to Washington was a striking development. Usually, the United States donates supplies to embattled countries rather than accepting them.

But...but...he's making America great again!

😏

• Haha 2

"Emergency aid to Washington was a striking development. Usually, the United States donates supplies to embattled countries rather than accepting them. The origin of the gift was bound to revive criticism from Democrats that Trump has been too cozy with the Russian leader."

Should this end up being the case , then any support I have for the Democrats would be greatly diminished.

What warped and selfish logic mixes 'prestige' in with giving and receiving in a time of need?

Some of these whingers are the first to complain that nobody ever helps 'helpful' America.

But perhaps this  statement is  just media again "poking the elephant" in their lust to create  more 'news' .

"Before Trump the US played a leadership role in helping other countries in crisis.  Now Russia and China are the world leaders and the US is reduced to accepting handouts from Russia."

You confuse unpreparedness with economic might.

Graciously accepting support in a crisis is a key part of diplomatic relations .

Not doing so , for Your People , indicates a basket regime - aka  Myanmar and North Korea !