Russian plane with coronavirus medical gear lands in U.S. after Trump-Putin call

webfact

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Heres my moral preening: anybody who does not find her comment reprehensible lacks a basic sense of human decency.

Just to be clear; you assume a five word quote posted by ChouDoufu provided without context or a source is true, but my post #118, provided with context and credible sources, is "lies and spin".

In short, if you want to believe something it's true, even if there is nothing to substantiate it.   If you don't want to believe something it's a lie, regardless of substantiation.

I'd explain why no rational person does this, but you'd just dismiss the explanation as lies and spin.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bristolboy said:

The Russians don't agree with you on who the common enemy is. Do try and understand that China is a huge economic presence that shares a long border with Russia. There is no way that the 2  will not become more economically intertwined as time goes by.

I note the goods from russia were not a gift at all. US govt paid for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, blazes said:

Congratulations:  you are the first on this thread to turn an act of charity between two world powers into the small-mindedness of anti-Trump hysteria.

What act of charity?

The US paid for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

What act of charity?

The US paid for it.

Well, at the time he and the rest of us had no reason to believe otherwise. On the other hand, the Trump administration was very slow to make a correction. Especially given this statement:

"Trump gratefully accepted this humanitarian aid," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov was cited as saying by the Interfax news agency on Tuesday. Trump himself spoke enthusiastically about the Russian help after his call with Putin."

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:21 AM, Nyezhov said:

Its amazing how folks think  lies and spin will become true if they simply keep repeating it.

I know what you mean. Take the lie told by the Kremlin spokesman that the medical supplies were a gift from Russia. All Trump had to do was say this was false. And yet he didn't? Why is it that he is so reluctant to say anything that might be viewed as negative about Russia and Vladimir Putin? Even when the lies actually diminish his standing?

• Like 1