Fear Vs Reality (Covid-19)

WineOh

On my trip to Japan in 2011 I got sick like a dog. I had a coughing fit and fever for almost 3 months.

I went to see a doctor in Canada and they just sent me home.

Since then I was never able to breathe normally.

I suspect the same will be with this virus for some who get it.

To this day I wonder what I got back then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

On my trip to Japan in 2011 I got sick like a dog. I had a coughing fit and fever for almost 3 months.

I got something very similar in Vietnam in 2010.

Coughing constantly on my return to the UK. Lasted about 2 months.

It started in Saigon, we were staying at cheap motels so i thought it was down to the air con or something.

But it just wouldn't let up.

Must have been something quite serious. 

• Like 1

in Italy they say there is a 10 % mortality rate of who gets it....meaning who goes to hospital and gets tested cause he has symptoms...so that is really high....

Taiwan seems to be the smartest country.....by closing the borders with China and now people live with almost no restrictions.......

it is scary thing.....if it will come back each year, even those who got over it last year can get reinfected......i have a suspision diseases like this will be coming and coming in the future......it is also possible it was artificially made in the lab.........i watched some documentary like 2 years ago, where there are open labs where regular people can mix all kind of ingredients together with no supervision and that scared me back then....how do we know this stuff really came from animals in Wuhan being placed in cages one on top of another.....this disease is really scarry.....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

was that figure just from the flu mate?

No... That was just showing that they had an extra 28,000+ deaths that year, attributed to a less than effective flu vaccine...

But 500,000 + die each year in U.K and a good % of them are flu related deaths !!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

it's kind of on it's a**e already mate.

Due to government overreactions, particularly in the UK, but elsewhere as well, yes we have seen indices fall.

However, these things have happened before. Paul Tudor, a trading legend, is confident that even though things may still get worse and bottom has perhaps not been reached yet, eventually the bottom will come.

When it does markets will rally again.

This pandemic may cost 2-4 Trillion USD, however, the debt was already in the hundreds of trillion range.

This will not cause the end of the world economy by any means.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/man-who-called-1987-crash-says-be-careful-not-to-mythologize-coronavirus-into-a-pandemic-godzilla-predicts-stocks-will-rebound-in-a-few-months-2020-03-26

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

This will not cause the end of the world economy by any means.

Black Tuesday was not the end of the world economy either but it had a knock on effect that drastically altered every aspect of life.

Whether or not Covid-19 will have similar outcomes remains to be seen. 

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 2

I am waiting to see TOTAL mortality figures for 2020. Are the extra 42,000 claimed Corona deaths on top of a normal year are just part of a normal year. Out of total annual world deaths of 56 million it seems a drop in the ocean. Even if world deaths this year are 56.04 million is it worth destroying the economy of every nation.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Logosone said:

But a bottom will come. And then the mother of all rallies will take shares back up to where they were.

The mood of folks I talk to in the US is upbeat, yet p'od. We are just waiting the word that its time to go back to work and then China, watch out. The machine has been started and its going to be pedal to the metal.

China doent need to be defeated with bullets. Dollars will do. Their days of possible economic dominance are over. All you little countries? Choose wisely and you will get a factory too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Black Tuesday was not the end of the world economy either but it had a knock on effect that drastically altered every aspect of life.

Whether or not Covid-19 will have similar outcomes remains to be seen. 

Things became many times better, indices went many times higher, than they were before Black Tuesday.

That's even assuming Covid19 and the reckless and incompetent government overreactions could have an impact like the Great Depression, which seems very unlikely. 

The Great Depression lasted for almost ten years.

Paul Tudor is saying that within months the markets will rally:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/man-who-called-1987-crash-says-be-careful-not-to-mythologize-coronavirus-into-a-pandemic-godzilla-predicts-stocks-will-rebound-in-a-few-months-2020-03-26

This is the man that correctly predicted the 1987 crash.

Edited by Logosone
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I got something very similar in Vietnam in 2010.

Coughing constantly on my return to the UK. Lasted about 2 months.

It started in Saigon, we were staying at cheap motels so i thought it was down to the air con or something.

But it just wouldn't let up.

Must have been something quite serious. 

Legionaires disease?