USA now think better to wear mask.

Yinn

Just now, Tayaout said:

LOL "it virtually doesn't help at all" but they need to ensure medical personel and police use them... 

What they are saying is that they work but they don't have sufficient stock. 

No, they are saying masks are useless....except in a medical setting where nurses get into close contact with sick patients.

Do you get into contact with patients the way nurses do when you go shopping at Makro? No? 

Okay, so no need for a mask at all then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager that all these experts recycling the false security and face touching mantra against masks have never even tried wearing a mask in the first place.

Yes, when you first start using them, they itch or tickle or need adjustment and tweaking but after a few days or using them religiously, this habit dissipates and removing and reattaching the mask by only touching the ear loops becomes second nature. The other habit to avoid pulling them down below the chin when it gets uncomfortable.

It's not too hard really. I mean millions of non-inflected Asians can't be wrong, eh?

I disagree, Using them correctly is difficult and takes a terrific amount of concentration. You're a very bright fellow, so you manage the job quite well... Most Thai people recycle the same mask for days or weeks. Obviously they don't want to throw them away every 8 hours or every day. All they care about is that you're wearing one, not how it is used.

Then there is a consideration of what mask to use. Apparently, according to Chinese officials, only the surgical mask (of the cheaply available masks) is useful. Unfortunately they are hard to come by and only the paper masks and cheap cotton masks are readily available.

Due to Thai public sentiment, I'll keep wearing these just to keep them happy. I'm still trying to locate a surgical mask.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, tropo said:

You should read the article you linked again as the use of face masks in the US is still under consideration only... and not all experts agree that they should be used.

From your linked article:

“What the World Health Organization and the CDC have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks,” Adams told Fox News, explaining that the practice often leads to increased touching of one’s face and can produce a “false sense of security.”

Quote from Prof Heymann, MIT or WHO dunno which. "It's not on to wear a mask and then decide to take it off to smoke a cigarette or eat a meal - it must be worn full time," he said.

• Haha 1

Been saying this all along.  Then more people wouldn't need to stay at home as often.  The world economy can slowly get back while hospitals can manage the spread of the virus.

https://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=jZtEX2-n2Hc#How_to_Significantly_Slow_Coronavirus__(featuring_Minister_of_Health_of_the_Czech_Rep_)_%23Masks4All

Edited by reefsurfah
  • Thanks 1

They just love them. Asians like to hide. It's always been true. And it it gives them a sense of control, as if they did something that they can control to fight the virus. It's a psychological crutch.

With no scientific data that it works to back it up, whatsoever.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

maybe they're spending their money on food, have another drink fool..

You tellin me the bloke next door can afford a merc but cant afford a mask ? 

what planet you on pal.