USA now think better to wear mask.

Yinn

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You should read the article you linked again as the use of face masks in the US is still under consideration only... and not all experts agree that they should be used.

From your linked article:

“What the World Health Organization and the CDC have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks,” Adams told Fox News, explaining that the practice often leads to increased touching of one’s face and can produce a “false sense of security.”

I not listen to Adams

i listen to the Virus Expert Doctor Anthony Fauci

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

They just love them. Asians like to hide. It's always been true. And it it gives them a sense of control, as if they did something that they can control to fight the virus. It's a psychological crutch.

With no scientific data that it works to back it up, whatsoever.

Oh! Now you speak about science. If you search my post history, I posted several times multiple studies that concluded that mask do work even for the general public. I found no studies that said mask dont work (but some non-scientific newspapers make that claim) . 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife also made me a face shield the other day before we went to Makro.

She got a baseball cap and stapled a plastic shield to it, the fit was perfect, under it I put on my N95 M3 mask, then I put on my plastic disposable gloves to push the trolley along, then I had to take them off to pay with the money, put them back on after sanitizing my hands, big mess, then get to the car 40 degree heat, unpack everything and put into our shopping bags, then take off gloves, get water bottle from car, and wash hands with soap for 20 seconds, dry then apply sanitizer just to make sure, then remove mask and hat with shield, sweat like a crazy.

Get home, take bags inside, get alcohol and wipe down everything that we purchased, then the bag handles, car door handles, steering wheel, gear changer, then go inside and wipe down all locks and handles that we touched, then wash hands again and have lunch at 3pm in 40 degree heat with power blackout.

Good job.

if everyone same you corona be finished 21 days.

35 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just another Corona day, makes me not want to go shopping every 10 days, what a hassle, but at least people noticed this superstar wannabe ✌️

P.S. Yinn, did you buy those shares on the ASX that I told you, QAN when they were $2.14, now $3.20 and BUB when it was $0.46, now $0.64.5, better sell because another correction on the way, collect and buy in again.

You said Qantas UNDER $2 before. 

I did look at it. But not will buy, curiousity. I not have market account.

i tell you, my company will make more! After coronavirus + one year.

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Oh! Now you speak about science. If you search my post history, I posted several times multiple studies that concluded that mask do work even for the general public. I found no studies that said mask dont work (but some non-scientific newspapers make that claim) . 

Okay, I'm game. Post a link to those multiple studies that conclude that masks work against Covid19.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Okay, I'm game. Post a link to those multiple studies that conclude that masks work against Covid19.

Why do you need studies? N95 mask rating is 95% of 0.3um particles. N99 and N100 same respectively.

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

I told them. They said it will not come to our village. 

Where? Stupid.

I think 95% in Ranong wear now.

100% at the market.

saturday orbortor give every house free mask.

the police stop my uncle motorbike not wear mask. Say must pay 200 baht if not wear. But the police give him free mask.

Ranong and Phangnga have N0 covid. Everyprovince connect have it.

Phangnga and Ranong block the road already. If Burmese plantation or construction worker, they must stay/sleep on the work land. Can not leave. If local people can go to work, and go home. Only go buy food. 

So quiet. 

The pooyai baan very serious now. Stressful. Tell everyone must behave. All poo yai baan must report for governor. 

Ranong hospital not so good. Same Phangnga. If important health thing people go Phuket. But Phuket closed now. 

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

A systematic review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6993921/

3 main conclusions;

- screening at public transport does not work

- social distancing does not work

- wearing a mask (either surgical or N95) does work

• Like 1

A coronavirus virion (particle) is spherical, averaging around 125 nanometers in diameter. Compare that to bacteria’s 1,000-nm size. It’s a grape compared to a grapefruit. A surgical mask whose purpose is to block bacteria will do little to prevent passage of the smaller coronavirus particle. 

https://www.fastcompany.com/90483762/why-masks-arent-better-at-protecting-us-from-viruses

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not listen to Adams

i listen to the Virus Expert Doctor Anthony Fauci

another one that isn't lying through his teeth due to government pressure is Dr. John Campbell who does a non agenda daily podcast with input from medical people around the world, not always pleasant but at least truthful..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Nothing wrong with choosing to wear a mask, a big problem if trying to mandate it.

Americans know what their civil rights are. 

Successful right?

Wearing a mask to safe life is NOT difficult. 

Your business must close, city must close. That ok?

But wear mask not ok?????

DBFE1C52-7572-42B5-BA1C-56793B091794.png

• Like 2

I am using a mask and gel sanitizer. You would have to be pretty inept and thick headed to not think that they are not important to use against a virus. I liked how 4myego posted his usage. For me I even wipe my ATM and visa card after using it, then my wallet, car door handle, motorcycle grips, keys, you name it even the bags and the product bought inside the bags. The virus is no joke, so not a time to laugh and joke about precautions.

Luckily my friends and family in the USA have always said use a mask. Well except for one who said no it should be for the ones only sick to wear them, but now he changed his mind in fear.

image.png

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

The world's most successful country in fighting the coronavirus, Germany, is saying the following:

Er, 196 countries.

german number 5. 

Number 9 deaths.

Everyone same you, will be number 1 soon.

Good luck.

EA36C799-0502-4EA3-A227-F8167F8770C4.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

The world's most successful country in fighting the coronavirus, Germany, is saying the following:

Just curious as to what parameters led you to this assertion? I know they're doing well, but they don't have the lowest death rates and they've got  a very high per capita infection rate. 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife also made me a face shield the other day before we went to Makro.

She got a baseball cap and stapled a plastic shield to it, the fit was perfect, under it I put on my N95 M3 mask, then I put on my plastic disposable gloves to push the trolley along,

just don't let her know, that you know it wasn't her 'original' idea!

image.jpeg.5c53b0ada08fcef5116daba52da0d983.jpeg   she who know evlyting...

• Like 1

one obvious thing about wearing a mask;

is that the stigma attached to it,

means if you see a mask approaching,

one automatically makes a wide berth of the scene! 

= pseudo-distancing...

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

After studying the matter, I am wearing a surgical mask in stores. In a tuk tuk, its just my Burmese face shield hat of a bandanna. 

Another gem of wisdom hidden among all the noise and something that I am guilty of. But masks make my glasses fog. So I stay home most of the time, and avoind my "friends", most of who are imaginary anyway.

I seem to remember some time ago suggesting a burqua for you. Perhaps glasses won't work with that, but at least people around you would not have to be donning sunglasses. You could try getting contacts fitted in the Communist paradise.

Opinion seems to be mixed on the efficacy of masks. I look at it from a belt and braces point of view. It does assist in prevention with an infected person, and also inhibits the instinct of touching one's face.

In my condo, breathing clean air, no mask. Anywhere else, mask.

Chalk that one up, I'm agreeing with you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

A systematic review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6993921/

3 main conclusions;

- screening at public transport does not work

- social distancing does not work

- wearing a mask (either surgical or N95) does work

Thanks for posting this, it is actually an interesting review.

It is scathing about the quality of the majority of the studies which it reviews, however, then goes on to conclude that because of a slightly higher cumulative number of studies saying a mask works than ex measure therefore masks work.

One does get the sense that this is not an actual but a review of many studies, many concerned with influenza not the SARS Cov2 virus.

I also find it odd that it says:

"A tiny study comparing the N95 respirator with paper surgical masks in volunteers found that surgical masks, even when worn in multiple layers (up to five), filtered ambient particles poorly (Derrick 2005); this principle was confirmed in another small study of air filtration to prevent droplet spread (Somogyi 2004)."

But then goes on to say there is no difference between a surgical and a N95 mask in effectiveness.

Still, very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There  seems to  be  such polarized  opinion that ignores  basic  facts.

As the gravity of this pandemic created panic, paranoia and thereby the huge demand on a resource that was/is deficient in quantity to cope it rapidly impacted that resource available to those in highest need in the first instance being  front line  medical staff  in direct contact with the identifiable/ identified victims.

In what I view as the "expert" opinion. in reality response to what  was the recognition of the shortfall in PPE, that masks were of  little use to people in the public arena was horribly deceptive.

The natural response of people was to ignore that in  favor of self protection.

It does not take too much thought to conclude that there is a contradiction in what has been said.

"Only the sick should  wear a  mask " to prevent  the spread.

Which  sick? The asymptomatic individual who sneezes or coughs next to you not by  virtue of  covid-19 but because of dirty air in the streets or other such stimulus? Yourself who unwittingly are also asymptomatic and does  same? The  symptomatic individual who although unwell is not feeling compelled by mild symptoms  to rush  for medical intervention?

In  any of  such circumstances a mask potentially reduces risk of aerobic transmission in any  direction.

The  mask does not need to be impervious to a virus but to the moisture droplets it is contained in.

"Wearing a mask causes  people to touch their face  more". How  much more? Can anyone provide observed  evidence of that increased behavior compared  to the "normal " habitual behavior?

It may be  a modified behavior in terms  of  where people touch  which  would  be  more likely to be  the mask itself.

The  combination of  wearing a mask and  rigorous hand washing would seem to be an obvious routine.

Is it coincidence that now the short supply of face masks is becoming alleviated that now a change in "expert" opinion is surfacing  in places where previously it was not?

We will know when Trump steps  up to the podium to speak from behind his Stars & Stripes designer  scarf !

• Like 2