USA now think better to wear mask.

Yinn

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Everyone knows wearing a proper N95 or above respirator / or a 'proper' mask is the best way to proceed.

This is why I purchased a couple of boxes of N95s and a couple of half face masks with plenty of P100 filters.

The Chinese were very busy buying up all the masks across the US and the rest of the world throughout January and February.

When the government speak about wearing a face mask they're talking about the useless surgical masks which provide very little in the way of protection.

When a government says something, it's not a time to act immediately without thought - it's a time to think and take our own actions.

No, I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. 

In early February 2020, the Executive Yuan adopted the recommendations of professors Huang Li-min (黃立民) and Chang Shang-chwen (張上淳) of the National Taiwan University Medical School, advocating that healthy people do not need to wear masks in open spaces. On 8 February, Chen Shih-chung, commander of the Central Epidemic Prevention Center, further stated that there was no need to wear a mask on public transportation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Taiwan

German Health Minister Jens Spahn said on Tuesday that he currently sees "no need for an obligation" in his country to wear masks.

https://www.dpa-international.com/topic/need-face-mask-requirement-germany-officials-say-urn%3Anewsml%3Adpa.com%3A20090101%3A200331-99-544600

There is no solid evidence that mask is of any use whatsoever, except in a clinical setting.

Do whatever the hell you want, but don't tell me what to do. You don't have a clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Social distancing does not work. Masks do not work. The only thing that works is testing and isolating the infected.

But don't let that get in the way of your illusory sense of psychological comfort when you clutch your precious mask.

I will not wear a mask, and I will tell everyone I know that they do not need to wear a mask. What's more anyone that does I'll straight out laugh at them. It's like wearing an amulet. No basis in science whatsoever.

I want to hear it from you now - should Germany's mortality rate cross 2%, and I expect it will, will you admit that maybe you were wrong. Or will you shift the focus to something other than mortality rate to support your argument?

Edited by jacob29

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

All of the reasons to wear a mask will eventuate once the health services have a steady supply. You, like all other sheep, have believed for so long that a mask has no protection. Wake up and smell the roses. Wear a mask for the following reasons:

1. To protect yourself.

2. To protect others.

3. To be respectful to the culture of the country you choose to live in.

4. To protect against the air quality.

5. To wear to protect others if you have a cough or cold.

In the day and weeks to come, you will all realise the importance of wearing a mask. 
Do not (Should be in bold capitals) listen to your government on issues of your own health.

Or better still go and live in a more sensible country.

The historical issue With the US was they don't and still don’t want the public using the approved respirator (N-95) For fear of a shortage of this type of mask in health care settings...this is exactly what happened...

that is why the CDC WHO etc made a general statement which now in hindsight was a mistake about the public don’t need to wear masks...

what they should have said is please don’t use N-95 as those are for HC workers but up to you if you want to wear other types of masks which are available over the counter...they made the mistake by applying an occupational requirement to general use at large....

asian countries have always been ahead of the game as they have a tendency to wear masks usually surgical or other unregulated face Masks in public when sick...good idea and practice...so it has been easier to get Asians to wear masks in public during this pandemic b/c they have a history of wearing masks in public...air pollution In Asia also contributes heavily to mask wearing and thus familiarity...

one could argue that data research shows surgical masks are not effective against Various air pollutants Under occupational mask testing but that’s a topic for another day....

good to see so many Thais wear masks in public as for those who are infected, it slows their spread rates down....

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

asian countries have always been ahead of the game as they have a tendency to wear masks usually surgical or other unregulated face Masks in public when sic

And yet the mortality rate in Germany is lower than in any major Asian country.

So the country most successful in fighting Covid 19 is one where people don't wear masks.

Odd that isn't it?

And it's not just the US, btw, Germany, Taiwan, many countries say wearing a mask is not really going to do anything and is not required.

Edited by Logosone

1 hour ago, jacob29 said:

I want to hear it from you now - should Germany's mortality rate cross 2%, and I expect it will, will you admit that maybe you were wrong. Or will you shift the focus to something other than mortality rate to support your argument?

The mortality rate in Germany could go up at any time. That's not the point.

The point is that you have to have some real sold scientific evidence that wearing a mask makes sense. 

Then and only then would the massive inconvenience of wearing a mask be justified.

Even if Germany's mortality rate rises it would still have among the lowest mortality rates, so I'm not sure what you're driving at.

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The mortality rate in Germany could go up at any time. That's not the point.

The point is that you have to have some real sold scientific evidence that wearing a mask makes sense. 

Then and only then would the massive inconvenience of wearing a mask be justified.

Even if Germany's mortality rate rises it would still have among the lowest mortality rates, so I'm not sure what you're driving at.

You seem to be anchoring your argument on Germany having low mortality numbers. What if it didn't compared to other countries? What if was no longer in the top 10%?

Droplets from sneezes literally can't pass through even the worst mask, of course there's real scientific evidence it reduces transmission.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

You seem to be anchoring your argument on Germany having low mortality numbers. What if it didn't compared to other countries? What if was no longer in the top 10%?

Droplets from sneezes literally can't pass through even the worst mask, of course there's real scientific evidence it reduces transmission.

Okay, post that scientific evidence.

Let's have a look at it.

It's not just Germany, btw, but also Taiwan and many other countries where the top medical personnel are saying you don't need to wear a mask.

5 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Are you kidding Yinn?...people get shot for less than that in this country!

Speak sweetly because you care them.

No problem.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Stay safe and keep annoying us farang on TVF ????✌️????

Helping the farang.

Some people to sensitive.

Helping understand thailand ,help translation real, help with real information and this thread safe the life.

You very lucky I help everyone! ????

And my funny joke. ????

ps.i still not think Qantas is good business. No customer, no business = no profit. Only expense.

6 months+ I think. 

Maybe be ok in 2-3 years? 

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Speak sweetly because you care them.

No problem.

Care for who? Idiots Thai and foreign who don't wear masks?  Yesterday some young 30 something Thai idiot stood 2 feet from me and he wasn't wearing a mask.  I politely asked him what the FJ*$*$*$* he thought he was doing.  

I asked the wife how to say rudely, "get away from me."  She said Bai Hang Hang - I hope it is rude enough to get the idiot's attention.  I don't care one whit about someone who isn't smart enough to care for themselves.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Let's have a look at it.

It's not just Germany, btw, but also Taiwan and many other countries where the top medical personnel are saying you don't need to wear a mask.

Germany good testing the people. Sure.

Testing the people who not wear mask.

You good at take care the corona. Sure. 

But the mask for reduce people get corona. 

Germany have a lot. 

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Germany good testing the people. Sure.

But the mask for reduce people get corona. 

Germany have a lot. 

Germany identified a lot. That's a good thing.

Thailand have a lot. Not identify.

Not good thing.

57 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Let's have a look at it.

Wait, are you suggesting contactless viral transmission can occur at a distance, by some mechanism that doesn't include exhaled particles? Please indulge me.

Edited by jacob29
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, cmsally said:

Wearing a mask I think is a good idea but I feel it can often give people a false sense of security. A lot of effort put on mask wearing but too little on social distancing. Many people I see seem to think they can only catch the disease outside their social circle. Any guard seems to come down when they are with their friends.

Masks staring at you in the face, and a mask sitting on your own face give you a "false sense of security"? 

I don't know who came up with that one but it is out there. 

Masks also stop people from touching the areas around the nose and mouth, along with everything else. 

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

A coronavirus virion (particle) is spherical, averaging around 125 nanometers in diameter. Compare that to bacteria’s 1,000-nm size. It’s a grape compared to a grapefruit. A surgical mask whose purpose is to block bacteria will do little to prevent passage of the smaller coronavirus particle. 

https://www.fastcompany.com/90483762/why-masks-arent-better-at-protecting-us-from-viruses

In terms  of  dimensional  size  that  is  acceptably  accurate. However  the vehicle of airborne  transmission involves passage in combination with water molecules significantly blocked  by even  basic barriers because  they are  proportionately  much larger.  But  pertinent to that is  that there is a limitation in the effectiveness of that limitation due to  potential  saturation levels of  that  mask unless  effective  sterilization  or optimally  discarding is undertaken.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cmsally said:

Wearing a mask I think is a good idea but I feel it can often give people a false sense of security. A lot of effort put on mask wearing but too little on social distancing. Many people I see seem to think they can only catch the disease outside their social circle. Any guard seems to come down when they are with their friends.

And people tend to wear the same mask hour after hour, day after day.  Sure a mask of any type can reduce the amount of water droplets and other things you exhale or breathe in, but only really good masks actually stop the tiny micron sized virus particles.  And the same mask on day 2 can be quite  bacteria garden for the stuff and moisture you breathed onto it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager that all these experts recycling the false security and face touching mantra against masks have never even tried wearing a mask in the first place.

Yes, when you first start using them, they itch or tickle or need adjustment and tweaking but after a few days or using them religiously, this habit dissipates and removing and reattaching the mask by only touching the ear loops becomes second nature. The other habit to avoid pulling them down below the chin when it gets uncomfortable.

It's not too hard really. I mean millions of non-inflected Asians can't be wrong, eh?

The problem is that many here don't know how to use them, such as touching the front of the mask, pulling it down to eat, reusing masks, etc. They work fine when used as they should me. I don't go out often but always use a regular surgical mask. We gave a box of n95 masks (US spec) to the local hospital and they were very happy to get them. 

There is increasing evidence of asymptomatic carriers with high viral loads that can be shed. Assume anyone can be infected, so a mask should be work, use social distance as much as possible, wash hands, etc. It's not too hard to avoid infection. 

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

German Health Minister Jens Spahn said on Tuesday that he currently sees "no need for an obligation" in his country to wear masks.

lol with a 81K infections and nearly 1000 dead, I wouldn't be taking advice from the Germans. Hope you got lots of money if you end up in a Thai ICU. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good job.

if everyone same you corona be finished 21 days.

You said Qantas UNDER $2 before. 

I did look at it. But not will buy, curiousity. I not have market account.

i tell you, my company will make more! After coronavirus + one year.

Good job.

if everyone same you corona be finished 21 days.

Good job knowing so much about stuff the best scientists do not know.

My I call you Dr. Yinn from now on? 

How many pandemics have you experienced in your life? 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

"Germany good testing the people. Sure.

But the mask for reduce people get corona."

Would you like your certificate now or next time? 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

lol with a 81K infections and nearly 1000 dead, I wouldn't be taking advice from the Germans. Hope you got lots of money if you end up in a Thai ICU. 

I'll rather take advice from the health minister of Germany, the country most successful in fighting covid19, with the lowest death rate, than you, though.

Just saying.

Since you clearly fail to understand that that large number of cases is a result of massive testing, and a mark of success in identifying cases. Something the UK, the US and China failed to do.

Edited by Logosone
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'll rather take advice from the health minister of Germany, the country most successful in fighting covid19, with the lowest death rate, than you, though.

Just saying.

Since you clearly fail to understand that that large number of cases is a result of massive testing, and a mark of success in identifying cases. Something the UK, the US and China failed to do.

Mate, you can train a monkey to take down coconuts but you can't make it stop talking bad about you. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DavisH said:

You do not seem to have an idea what Germany does to fight the virus.

The Germans go the right way, you don't.