Why is there such a disdain of foreigners

Bangkok Barry

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Speak for yourself, I'm loved and adored wherever I go.

Would you mind sharing your secrets? I'm encountering difficulties with making the Indians to adore me now. In fact it seems to get worse by the day, help please!

7 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Would you mind sharing your secrets? I'm encountering difficulties with making the Indians to adore me now. In fact it seems to get worse by the day, help please!

Go into a tailor shop and get fitted for a suit... you will be adored for the 15 minutes it takes... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

Go into a tailor shop and get fitted for a suit... you will be adored for the 15 minutes it takes... 

complete with the dodgy red carpet on the floor ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

My wife has never seen Thailand so clearer since she lived with me abroad for 9 years, she hates it !!!

Was that because she finally got away from ALL forms of pollution that invades Thailand?

'nuf sed.

Edited by wotsdermatter

27 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

I had a Thai girl-friend who spoke very good English and one day during a conversation I told her that Thais wanted all of the 21st Century technology but had trouble working it with their 16th Century brains and the associated level of intelligence.  She refused to talk to me for a week.  Then I had to go to Hong Kong and took her along.  The day before we had to return to Thailand, she sheepishly told me that she finally understood what I meant by my remark.

'nuf sed

This is a thread about the enduring power of British colonialism and absolutely nothing to do with how a farang deals with the Thai notion of 'face'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Deserted said:

I never see disdain. They leave us alone or respect us I find. Are you hanging out in places with dubious reputations?

I thought I made it clear that I was writing about those in government. If you don't feel their disdain then good for you.

• Like 2