Thailand’s bar Workers Screwed by the Government They Help Support

scubascuba3

23 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

It's not illegal to work in a bar....

We are in a world crisis and they are humans with families to support.

I'm sure you won't be helping them out and you've probably never done anything "illegal" in your life either !!!

I agree, it's not illegal for girls to work in a bar but if you read the Pattaya news article, the girls are described as sex workers.

If sex wasn't mentioned then that would have shone a different light on this subject.

32 minutes ago, baansgr said:

But I was...and worked three jobs 14 hour days 7 days a week....and studies open university....couldnt sell my ass for £50

There might have been a difference in looks to explain that.

• Haha 1

I finally badgered the GF into applying for the 5K handout, and no surprise really that she was one of the 15 million whose application was rejected. She's never had anything good to say about this government, but even Buddha would have had to cover his ears at what she called them when she was told mai dai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes give them all the 5,000 baht but not the ladies working their fingers to the bone helping their families in the villages survive. 
Thailand is bigger than Pattaya “bar girls” 

The problem is, that when you fill the form in online, as I did for my wife (whose business is all but dead now), there are quite specific questions about what your job is, what you do, who your boss is, precisely where you work and what landmark is near it. Unless the bargirls lie and just say they were a waitress or cashier or something, they won't be able to fill in the form honestly.

Even then the game will be up when a small beer bar in Pattaya has a dozen girls applying for the handout as a "cashier".

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Maybe they should have filed a tax return for their earnings and paid social security...those people that did are receiving assistance from the Givernment...can't have it all ways

What a post! Since when are prostitutes entitled to sign up for the SS?

You can't just sign up for it. 

Then the employer would have to pay the same amount.  

How can they file a tax return for work that';s basically illegal? 

Without bargils, the country wouldn't be as developed as it is right now.

But does the government know that?

Edited by Isaanbiker
Hurry, bring out the dead.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SteveK said:

The problem is, that when you fill the form in online, as I did for my wife (whose business is all but dead now), there are quite specific questions about what your job is, what you do, who your boss is, precisely where you work and what landmark is near it. Unless the bargirls lie and just say they were a waitress or cashier or something, they won't be able to fill in the form honestly.

Even then the game will be up when a small beer bar in Pattaya has a dozen girls applying for the handout as a "cashier".

Like so many other Thais in Sisaket, they only have to fill in jobless.