Thailand’s bar Workers Screwed by the Government They Help Support

scubascuba3

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So how does a street vendor get their Social Insurance????  how does a ‘temporary’ farm worker access this social insurance? or a bar girl (topic of this thread). How does anyone not ‘officially’ working for a company get access to this social insurance?  

Because you are too lazy to argue with no knowledge people can’t present a valid argument, I’ll answer for you. 

They Can’t - because this is not Social Security - It is insurance which only pays out under very specific conditions to those who have been employed officially. Being a Thai citizen doesn’t automatically give you access to ‘social security’ (financial payment) with this system. The only access a Thai has to the limited benefits of this system is if they (or their employer) have paid into it and met the requirements / conditions of this payment. 

Even a street vendor. a temporary farm worker or a bar girl (Most of them don't have any work contract) can access to this social insurance. In fact it's not necessary to work or to be employed to get it.

The only requirment are to be Thai and to pay every month the 750 bahts, then you are in the system and you can access the benefits offered by the social insurance.

The most inmportant of them is the access to the health system under the ''30 bahts'' sheme. The fearest thing for a thai is to be sick and unable to pay for the hospital

so they are more than happy to contribute to this social security when they can.

Edited by kingofthemountain

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Even a street vendor. a temporary farm worker or a bar girl (Most of them don't have any work contract)

can access to this social insurance. In fact it's not necessary to work or to be employed to get it.

The only requirment are to be Thai and to pay every month the 750 bahts, then you are in the system

and you can access the benefits offered by the social insurance. The most inmportant of them is the 

access to the health system in the ''30 bahts'' sheme.

Correct, they would pay in under the self employed requirement.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Even a street vendor. a temporary farm worker or a bar girl (Most of them don't have any work contract) can access to this social insurance. In fact it's not necessary to work or to be employed to get it.

The only requirment are to be Thai and to pay every month the 750 bahts, then you are in the system and you can access the benefits offered by the social insurance.

The most inmportant of them is the access to the health system under the ''30 bahts'' sheme. The fearest thing for a thai is to be sick and unable to pay for the hospital

so they are more than happy to contribute to this social security when they can.

The 30 baht health scheme is related to your ID and where you live (where your ID is registered), no?

Anyone can register on the 30 Baht scheme if they are registered at a residence. 

The Social Security Insurance scheme is voluntary for some ‘workers’ i.e. part time labourers / stall workers etc, but are they really going to volunteer any money to this system? Very doubtful. 

I know the ‘dumbed down reply’ will be ‘up to them’ - which is not really an answer at all when we are discussing taking care of societies weakest and doesn’t answer the issue regarding social security and the disabled and those who have never been able to secure work. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The 30 baht health scheme is related to your ID and where you live (where your ID is registered), no?

Anyone can register on the 30 Baht scheme if they are registered at a residence. 

The Social Security Insurance scheme is voluntary for some ‘workers’ i.e. part time labourers / stall workers etc, but are they really going to volunteer any money to this system? Very doubtful. 

I know the ‘dumbed down reply’ will be ‘up to them’ - which is not really an answer at all when we are discussing taking care of societies weakest and doesn’t answer the issue regarding social security and the disabled and those who have never been able to secure work. 

As far as i know the 30 bahts health sheme is open to anyone participating to the 

social insurance scheme. As i writed any Thai can voluntary participate, workers ot not

if they pay the 750 monthly. They are more than happy to pay it because if they are sick

and they cannot pay for the healthcare, basicaly they return to home with few paracetamol

even if they have a cancer.

I know it sucks for the ones which can not afford to pay the 750 bahts monthly

but on the other hand the tax system don't confiscate half of the wealth produced like in my country.

It's really a different choice of society.

There is few exceptions where they are exempted of payment, the disabled are

in the exceptions and they have a little money given to them every month by the government.

Also the child under 12 and the ederly are exempted of the payments and are automaticaly in

the 30 bahts health scheme.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Does your Avast provide more details? I can't see anything on Google

No, that was all. I also looked it up and couldn't find anything. I have a free version and have to wonder if Avast is just pulling some names out of the air to scare people into getting a paid version. 

2 hours ago, Inn Between said:

No, that was all. I also looked it up and couldn't find anything. I have a free version and have to wonder if Avast is just pulling some names out of the air to scare people into getting a paid version. 

you could be right, i downloaded the free Avast to my phone, ran it and no trojan, so maybe a false alarm but I'll look out for any weird behaviour on the phone, thanks

On 4/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, RichardColeman said:

Just seems to echo the rest of the Thai people - general lack of financial planning for the future. And these girls generally have 2-3 more income than most thais

This is not a Thai thing - hookers the world over are generally uneducated, are supporting poverty stricken families, and many have substance or gambling addictions.

If you look at other social groups in Thailand, you'll fine that most of them are very thrifty. To say that most Thais can't manage money is nonsense.

24 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

If you look at other social groups in Thailand, you'll fine that most of them are very thrifty. To say that most Thais can't manage money is nonsense.

Hmmmmm ....... you must live in a different Thailand to me.

All my middle class Thai neighbours have as much credit as anyone will give them.

New cars, minimum down payment, maximum term, etc.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

All my middle class Thai neighbours have as much credit as anyone will give them.

I have to chime in, and my experience is the government workers even have more dept than anyone else, far above the chimmey. They farmer parents have all new cars, new land, and so on. But there is few who do not have dept at all, and never had, and never want. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They just live for today. Take out a 7 year loan to buy a car which will be worthless in 3 just because their neighbour or someone they know has got a new one. 
Nothing a bar girl likes better than to announce to the village that she has “bought” the latest Fortuna.