Thailand’s bar Workers Screwed by the Government They Help Support

scubascuba3

41 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I hope after this settles down that immigration takes another look at increasing the restrictions for living here, there's still too much trash in the streets..  

And a lot of them are criminal foreigners.

Please Google it if you don't believe me. 

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

What a post! Since when are prostitutes entitled to sign up for the SS?

You can't just sign up for it. 

Then the employer would have to pay the same amount.  

How can they file a tax return for work that';s basically illegal? 

Without bargils, the country wouldn't be as developed as it is right now.

But does the government know that?

Of course they know it....question should be "does the government want to acknowledge it? "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VBF said:

Of course they know it....question should be "does the government want to acknowledge it? "

Of course not. But bar girls can get a certain amount of food per month and get the 5 K for three months. 

That might be extended, nobody knows right now.

Why would they tell others that they had sex with Chinese people? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Just seems to echo the rest of the Thai people - general lack of financial planning for the future. And these girls generally have 2-3 more income than most thais

the old adage of "make 10 - spend 100" is a truism with Thai people in general. But this current global s#%t storm is revealing just how massive the global debt-bubble really is.

For example in Canada; The MNP Consumer Debt Index, released Monday, found that about half of Canadians (49%) surveyed are now on the brink of insolvency, saying they are $200 or less away from not being able to meet their debt obligations each month. A quarter of these said they are already unable to meet those obligations.

You don't have to be free-lancing street meat in a developing country to feel the pinch(ouch) of this global economic cluster-f$#K(double-ouch!)

Most of the worlds populations are entangled in some form of permanent-debt slavery. Ironically,its the dead weight of debt that keeps the world markets alive.

The world is locked down and in hock up to its eyeballs. When debt can’t be paid back, money vanishes. Money isn’t capital, but it represents capital when it is functioning. When it isn’t functioning, it stops being money. Now the whole world realizes that the debt can’t be paid back, will never be paid back… and that’s the jig that’s up.

.....sorry,I digress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I finally badgered the GF into applying for the 5K handout, and no surprise really that she was one of the 15 million whose application was rejected. She's never had anything good to say about this government, but even Buddha would have had to cover his ears at what she called them when she was told mai dai.

any news link to this? what method do they use to tell you?

49 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Ever heard of saving money for a rainy day??? Well here it is ladies and its lashing down. Instead of buying their bar girl friends drinks and rushing out to get the latest smartphone they should have put some of that cash their numerous foreign bf’s has given them over the years to one side.

no sympathy from me.

Thais do not think about rainy days. And then they get hit pretty hard.

Wait and see, the bank robberies will occur more often in the near future, as well as robberies. 

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

We are in a world crisis and they are humans with families to support.

I'm sure you won't be helping them out

"I'm sure you won't be helping them out..."

And you are?

Edited by Just Weird

Here's a wild idea: if Thais are unhappy about their government, how about stopping supporting them. You know, like not voting for usurpers when the odd election is on. Otherwise you get what you deserve.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I finally badgered the GF into applying for the 5K handout, and no surprise really that she was one of the 15 million whose application was rejected. She's never had anything good to say about this government, but even Buddha would have had to cover his ears at what she called them when she was told mai dai.

So had much and for how long had she paid into the social security system? You did ask her this before badgering her and getting her well <deleted> off at the rejection.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Just seems to echo the rest of the Thai people - general lack of financial planning for the future. And these girls generally have 2-3 more income than most thais

and usually a number of people back home that are dependent on the "office worker" salary for supplementing pension, supporting children, paying school fees.
Market vendors get the 5.000 as markets close, so, in principle, why not Bar girls ?
One more reason to regularise that part of business, register and license the girls (even if it were on a pseudonym), have compulsory health checks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You are right they should save but they just don't, maybe they will learn after this but i still have sympathy for anyone struggling, by the way it's millions of people, just look on facebook for the thousands of posts about no money for rice and rent

Nice to see one post with some empathy for their fellow humans, maybe now is a good time for the world as we knew it to end! ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Here's a wild idea: if Thais are unhappy about their government, how about stopping supporting them. You know, like not voting for usurpers when the odd election is on. Otherwise you get what you deserve.

If only, you know that hasn't been possible for many years!

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

And there in lies the problem...trying to make themselves look good by paying for brothers pick up, buying gold, flashing money around like there is no tomorrow....well... tomorrow has come....seriously not an ounce of sympathy from me...as for the headline....what has a non taxpaying bar girl ever done to support the Government..nowt....they should all <deleted> off home and eat rice for 6 months, loose some weight and appreciate the real value of money

How are they non taxpayers, just about everytime they buy something they pay a vat tax just like the farangs who live here. There are no non tax payers in Thailand. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CGW said:

If only, you know that hasn't been possible for many years!

Plenty of people voted for the usurpers in the last one. Should have been zero. But they are happy with the handouts so somnamnaa.

• Like 1