Thailand’s bar Workers Screwed by the Government They Help Support

scubascuba3

3 minutes ago, dsf9 said:

Not sure I've been to a bar in the last 3 years where a girly drink was only 150baht? But back on point I'm sure they only get something small like 30baht from them..

Only 150 baht?that's nearly £4.I don,t buy them now just put the tip in their hand if I have enjoyed their compsny.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes give them all the 5,000 baht but not the ladies working their fingers to the bone helping their families in the villages survive. 
Thailand is bigger than Pattaya “bar girls” 

90-95 % of the sex trade is for domestic consumption.

That a lot of women !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I hope after this settles down that immigration takes another look at increasing the restrictions for living here, there's still too much trash in the streets..  

yawn, same response to every topic

1 hour ago, jadee said:

Hi everyone, I read the Pattaya One article and wondered if it's really true - the lady said "Yet our kind of work means that we have zero chance of any income during this time." surely the girls have other ways to find customers like social media - does anyone know how they are doing it? My guess is they are using Facebook or Line. I know the Chinese app We Chat has a feature where you can find people nearby, but not sure about other apps. 

They are trying social media but only a small minority of reckless falang are partaking

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't forget a lot of their money goes to family, friends and Buddha

And drugs, the pimp, tattoos, alcohol, themself.

If not pay social security= should not recieve social security. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

If not pay social security= should not recieve social security. 

Make sex work totally legal and set up the structure so they can pay taxes, in the meantime the govt needs to help them out.

I reckon over the next few weeks the amount of homeless people on Pattaya beach road could go up massively

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Make sex work totally legal and set up the structure so they can pay taxes, in the meantime the govt needs to help them out.

I reckon over the next few weeks the amount of homeless people on Pattaya beach road could go up massively

They can pay social security.

Everybody can. 

Up up to them.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Everybody can. 

Up up to them.

Sex work is not legal In Thailand as far I know. Maybe you know how to pay tax if you sell sex? How to make proof of your income? 

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Everybody can. 

Up up to them.

As you are a Thai, can you tell me about the Thai social security and unemployment payment system.

I thought there wasn't either system in Thailand...????

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They are trying social media but only a small minority of reckless falang are partaking

What are you, the Hookers spokesperson?

How would you know that?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you wouldn't believe the stories i hear from girls about low life falang

You're right I wouldn't believe their stories.

But why would you listen?

When a girl starts badmouthing guys she's had sex with in the past, it's time to move on.

I just don't want to hear about the other 5,000 guys she banged.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There seems to be the possibility of a voluntary contribution to the Thai social security for self-employed persons.

Don't know how much ( I suppose a % of the income ), neither do I know what the benefits are ( I suppose according to the % paid ).

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

You know, like not voting for usurpers when the odd election is on.

The people certainly voiced their opinion in that fine election.

Many tried not voting for him. Many voted for the opposition party. Guess what, that opposition was suddenly found to be doing naughty things, like possible ownership of some small magazine, and has now been disbanded. Meanwhile, a convicted heroin dealer is still in parliament.

There was also a lot of gerrymandering, redrawn districts, discrepancies and recounts. It was truly a shining symbol of the democratic process.

• Like 1

My wife's been trying to get it, eligible as she's had informal cleaning and cooking jobs. No dice. Same for friends and family in this situation.

And yes, she and her family can really use it, as I'm not the typical farang with a fat pension or BKK office job, but a lowly teacher who'll be out of work for the foreseeable future.

The numbers tell a sad story. Up to 20 million people trying to get it? Thailand's population is nearly 70 million.

Eliminate the under 18's and over 60's, they're not working. Eliminate all those with legit, tax paying jobs. This leaves 1/3rd of the population? All poor with informal jobs?

Either this is the sad truth, or there's some trickery going on. Armies of computers with bots running, hammering the site, hoping to cash in. That's exactly what happened during the last Chim Chop Chai payout. You'd think they'd taken precautions against that happening again since.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
Just a poor teacher

2 hours ago, transam said:

As you are a Thai, can you tell me about the Thai social security and unemployment payment system.

I thought there wasn't either system in Thailand...????

You live thailand how many year already? Not know?

Wow. Is not secret. Amazing.

workers pay every month. If stop the job then get money, if have baby, get extra money, retire get money, etc 

You never talk to thai person have job???

if own business can pay, up to you. 

if employ worker, boss must pay for the worker. Every month. 

https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main

Every province have. 

Ask you wife, she know about that, everybody know. 

Now Tran Sam know. 

18938590-B2F3-4DB3-B6C5-512F61EDF151.jpeg

E5A5C4CE-1BFC-4D83-A2D4-7FBFE8068B61.jpeg

07A03B9C-CF12-4E27-91CC-DA962ADE3227.jpeg

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

There seems to be the possibility of a voluntary contribution to the Thai social security for self-employed persons.

Don't know how much ( I suppose a % of the income ), neither do I know what the benefits are ( I suppose according to the % paid ).

Yes

On 4/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, darrendsd said:

These girls need help from the Government - anyone here who looks down on them really have no idea how Thailand works

Since sadly and in my view wrongly, most Thais "look down" on bar girls and other prostitutes, I'm not really sure of the logic of your statement. One must assume Thais know how Thailand works.

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

it is a % of salary/income up to Bt750.

My employer pays Bt.750 and I also pay Bt.750 (not by choice).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're right I wouldn't believe their stories.

But why would you listen?

When a girl starts badmouthing guys she's had sex with in the past, it's time to move on.

I just don't want to hear about the other 5,000 guys she banged.

It's the loser falang who get them hooked on drugs I don't like