Thailand’s bar Workers Screwed by the Government They Help Support

scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's the loser falang who get them hooked on drugs I don't like

That would seem unlikely.

Most of them are banging the Thai m/c taxi guys from age 14, who will provide them with all the drugs they want.

Seems to me you're a bit gullible when it comes to hookers and sob stories.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

You live thailand how many year already? Not know?

Wow. Is not secret. Amazing.

workers pay every month. If stop the job then get money, if have baby, get extra money, retire get money, etc 

You never talk to thai person have job???

if own business can pay, up to you. 

if employ worker, boss must pay for the worker. Every month. 

https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main

Every province have. 

Ask you wife, she know about that, everybody know. 

Now Tran Sam know. 

18938590-B2F3-4DB3-B6C5-512F61EDF151.jpeg

E5A5C4CE-1BFC-4D83-A2D4-7FBFE8068B61.jpeg

07A03B9C-CF12-4E27-91CC-DA962ADE3227.jpeg

My user name is "Transam", you should know that by now.....

I am not Thai so I no nothing about social security or unemployment benefit, that is why I am asking....

So to get any payment you must pay into s system to get it....Correct..?

If one is low paid, such as millions in Thailand who earn a few hundred baht a day, and cannot afford to pay into a system, do they get any payments...?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That would seem unlikely.

Most of them are banging the Thai m/c taxi guys from age 14, who will provide them with all the drugs they want.

Seems to me you're a bit gullible when it comes to hookers and sob stories.

Not at all, believe it or not, not all women are the same. I recall you being scarred by your ex wife, you need to move on from that and not hold grudges against all women 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

You live thailand how many year already? Not know?

Wow. Is not secret. Amazing.

workers pay every month. If stop the job then get money, if have baby, get extra money, retire get money, etc 

You never talk to thai person have job???

if own business can pay, up to you. 

if employ worker, boss must pay for the worker. Every month. 

https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main

Every province have. 

Ask you wife, she know about that, everybody know. 

Now Tran Sam know. 

Yinn... your answer shows you don’t know what social security is. 

IF someone can’t get a job or doesn’t have a job who looks after them?

In other countries, those without work, who are looking for work or are unable to work (because of a disability etc) receive 'social welfare' payments from the government. 

Question to Yinn: How does the 25 year old guy who’s never had a job receive any money or welfare from the government?

This is different than employment benefit from a company paying for someone while they are unwell or unable to work (within the boundaries of Thai labor law). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

you sound like like one of the guys whose been burned, they don't like fat bald falang so don't believe what they tell you

you sound like one of them saddos who cuddles up to them and thinks he is their fwend.
You know the type she tells the punters about when she is banging them. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not at all, believe it or not, not all women are the same. I recall you being scarred by your ex wife, you need to move on from that and not hold grudges against all women 

Maybe you could start a new T-shirt meme .......... 'Believe Prostitutes'

16 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Those girls never pay any tax but earn more than enough yearly to do pay them. They would laugh if you tell them to do so. Most not even bother to vote.
Now they want the 5K while not being employed officially. Do we really have to care? They should have some buffer easily, not even a month passed.

I am sure they can earn more than 5K if they finally get back to normal prices of 1K instead of 3K, even during Corona there will be takers.

Fyi , there is passive employment for ladies of the trade , cashiers , cleaners , lady take care , same same .

When you have the contacts , nothing changes ..

PS ,  not bar fine , have introduction fee ...

Edited by elliss

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yinn... your answer shows you don’t know what social security is. 

We talk about thai social security. 

IF someone can’t get a job or doesn’t have a job who looks after them?

Everyone can get job in thailand. 3 million worker from Laos, Cambodia and Burma. 

In other countries, those without work, who are looking for work or are unable to work (because of a disability etc) receive 'social welfare' payments from the government. 

Most countrys do not like you say.

Question to Yinn: How does the 25 year old guy who’s never had a job receive any money or welfare from the government?

This is different than employment benefit from a company paying for someone while they are unwell or unable to work (within the boundaries of Thai labor law). 

If 25 year old never work, he is lazy. Why should everyone pay for lazy people? 

I know some farang countries how you say,

IMO is stupid the worker pay tax so the lazy people stay home get drunk, take drug.

Some people never work right? Is charity, not social security. Waste money.

is Good for that person? He will never work. Good life you think?

In thailand if somebody not want to work, up to you, but I not give free money.

Most thai think that is stupid way. Ask them. 

Thailand have social security. Good system. 

FFC68A5E-B7AC-4D66-BFD1-975D2044719E.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

My user name is "Transam", you should know that by now.....

I am not Thai so I no nothing about social security or unemployment benefit, that is why I am asking....

So to get any payment you must pay into s system to get it....Correct..?

If one is low paid, such as millions in Thailand who earn a few hundred baht a day, and cannot afford to pay into a system, do they get any payments...?

Your wife have kid right?

They have job right? 

Ask them explain for you.

or read website link I give you already. 

Or go to Ubon office yourself. 

This building...

035C88EC-6612-450A-9D46-870F17E7C5E5.jpeg

D3D536FA-0ED2-419D-ACA1-C45C83F801CC.jpeg

C5FCA586-5F19-4E06-8722-B4E7B8504E4F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

We talk about thai social security. 

Everyone can get job in thailand. 3 million worker from Laos, Cambodia and Burma. 

Most countrys do not like you say.

If 25 year old never work, he is lazy. Why should everyone pay for lazy people? 

I know some farang countries how you say,

IMO is stupid the worker pay tax so the lazy people stay home get drunk, take drug.

Some people never work right? Is charity, not social security. Waste money.

is Good for that person? He will never work. Good life you think?

In thailand if somebody not want to work, up to you, but I not give free money.

Most thai think that is stupid way. Ask them. 

FFC68A5E-B7AC-4D66-BFD1-975D2044719E.jpeg

Yinn.. You just confirming that you really have no idea what social security is. 

[We talk about Thai social security]???? Is that another ‘Farang not same Thai’ argument? You can do better than that. 

The lack of social security in Thailand is not because all Thai's have work and you have labourers from Laos, Cambodia and Burma because employers are using the cheap labor for work Thai’s consider below them. 

Additionally, the official numbers for Thai unemployment are so low for the same reasons the Covid-19 numbers are being under-reported, that the Official Thai figures for road fatalities are half the WHO estimates, that is the figures are massaged and manipulated - Consider ‘under-employment’ i.e. those who are employed seasonally (i.e. in planting season) then unemployed at the end of the season, but counted officially as being employed. 

But, the main reason unemployment is so low, because there is no social welfare - no fall back, so people have no choice but to take the meagre handouts ‘under-employment’ offers. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

No it doesn’t. Social security does not exist here. 

A system which forces people into underpaid under-employment (seasonal labor), or to become a monk just so they can get food, or to join the military because there is no alternative is not a Good system. 

The Prisons are full of petty criminals who thieve and steel, those who are not really afraid of the consequences because the difference for them is live very poorly without food, or live in a prison with food - the difference is not significant enough for them to care as much as they would if there were a system of social security in place. 

Your ‘Good System’ is so fundamentally flawed your mind numbingly simplistic viewpoint offers no valid argument whatsoever 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

Ever heard of saving money for a rainy day??? Well here it is ladies and its lashing down. Instead of buying their bar girl friends drinks and rushing out to get the latest smartphone they should have put some of that cash their numerous foreign bf’s has given them over the years to one side.

no sympathy from me.

Coming from a region from the UK that is well known for thieving that really is some statement

Oh and from a man who asked the question on here that if there is a 24 hour curfew will it only apply to Thais ????

Edited by darrendsd
  • Haha 1

Yinn... What you describe is not Social Security [https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main]...  It is Social Insurance. 

Someone has to pay into it to get something out of it, even then the system is highly flawed with very low limits. 

The truly needy and poor are unlikely to pay into it as its voluntary (70 baht per month), if I’m not mistaken the system provides ’some’ very small payment in the event of sickness etc (can’t work) but not in the event of a ‘lost job’ 

The SSO does not offer ’Social Assistance’ (i.e. financial assistance to those not in work). 

In short the SSO does not offer Social Security, it offers something very poorly related to it: Social insurance.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your ‘Good System’ is so fundamentally flawed your mind numbingly simplistic viewpoint offers no valid argument whatsoever 

I lazy to discuss with low knowledge people. 

Here...

https://thailawonline.com/fr/thai-laws/faq/171-social-security.html

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:
16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I lazy to discuss with low knowledge people. 

Here...

https://thailawonline.com/fr/thai-laws/faq/171-social-security.html

So how does a street vendor get their Social Insurance????  how does a ‘temporary’ farm worker access this social insurance? or a bar girl (topic of this thread). How does anyone not ‘officially’ working for a company get access to this social insurance?  

Because you are too lazy to argue with no knowledge people can’t present a valid argument, I’ll answer for you. 

They Can’t - because this is not Social Security - It is insurance which only pays out under very specific conditions to those who have been employed officially. Being a Thai citizen doesn’t automatically give you access to ‘social security’ (financial payment) with this system. The only access a Thai has to the limited benefits of this system is if they (or their employer) have paid into it and met the requirements / conditions of this payment. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, life's gonna be tough for a while, but nobody will starve methinks. Some of these girls were getting a little above themselves, this is definitely gonna be a shock to the system, the income streams drying up. Left this scene some years ago, but when I did dip my toe back in it the change in attitudes was quite stark.

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

Your wife have kid right?

They have job right? 

Ask them explain for you.

or read website link I give you already. 

Or go to Ubon office yourself. 

This building...

035C88EC-6612-450A-9D46-870F17E7C5E5.jpeg

D3D536FA-0ED2-419D-ACA1-C45C83F801CC.jpeg

C5FCA586-5F19-4E06-8722-B4E7B8504E4F.jpeg

So you cannot/will not answer the question.....Never mind.......????

13 minutes ago, transam said:

So you cannot/will not answer the question.....Never mind.......????

What???

i answer. 

If not understand, read the link. I give Richard.

English for you. 

Foreignerget it also. If have job before.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So how does a street vendor get their Social Insurance????  how does a ‘temporary’ farm worker access this social insurance? or a bar girl (topic of this thread). How does anyone not ‘officially’ working for a company get access to this social insurance?  

Because you are too lazy to argue with no knowledge people can’t present a valid argument, I’ll answer for you. 

They Can’t - because this is not Social Security - It is insurance which only pays out under very specific conditions to those who have been employed officially. Being a Thai citizen doesn’t automatically give you access to ‘social security’ (financial payment) with this system. The only access a Thai has to the limited benefits of this system is if they (or their employer) have paid into it and met the requirements / conditions of this payment. 

Rich, Yinn will not answer honestly...