Busted in Phuket: Foreigners flout Emergency Decree in rooftop drugs and booze party

webfact

Snorting cocaine in Thailand, what a great idea.  For small brains and drug addicts. Now enjoy your time in an overfilled Thai jail.

Unless the kids got money . Big money  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Don't worry the Great British Public are ignoring Lockdown in the UK. Clearly death is not widely feared. 

Yet more moronic generalisation.  Massive majority in UK is observing the lockdown, not panic buying and behaving well. There are always exceptions to the rule, that's why the saying exists.

'Family of 4 seen peacefully playing Scrabble at home' is not exactly going to make 'News at Ten' now is it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Foreigners, including Brits, flout Emergency Decree in rooftop drugs and booze party

Is there really any need for the words "including Brits" in the headline?

NoteThe foreigners comprised three British nationals, one Brit/Ukranian, one Australian, one American and three Ukranians.

So why no mention of Ukrainians, Americans, or Australians? 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Have you seen a mandate that states you can't have a friend over to visit?  What about if they stay 10 metres away at all times?  Please show me where the gov't has said that having anyone over to visit is a crime. 

Apparently the police have seen the mandate, even if you haven't...

"Patong Police Station charged all of them with gathering in a crowded place violating the emergency decree, violating an order from the Disease Control Department which might lead to the spread of Covid-19, and possessing two types of drugs".

"Have you seen a mandate that states you can't have a friend over...?"

This wasn't a case of someone having one friend visit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police cracked down on the group after receiving a call that residents in the house were holding a party and disturbing the neighbours with loud music.

If only the cops were this responsive to loud parties during more normal times!

• Thanks 1

None will get any sympathy from me at all , someone has already says 'Stupid is as stupid does '

For the poster that asks what does the Emergency decree say, well read it and use a Dictionary to understand the BIG WORDS , then I am sure you will understand unless of course you are friends with those who just got busted. 

30 minutes ago, sambum said:

Foreigners, including Brits, flout Emergency Decree in rooftop drugs and booze party

Is there really any need for the words "including Brits" in the headline?

NoteThe foreigners comprised three British nationals, one Brit/Ukranian, one Australian, one American and three Ukranians.

So why no mention of Ukrainians, Americans, or Australians? 

The topic title has now been edited as per the translated article's headline here:

https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/766522

image.png.d4512f6c8dc4ba419426e7296c7403fc.png

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Don't worry the Great British Public are ignoring Lockdown in the UK. Clearly death is not widely feared. 

Not in london. At the moment I am helping supply extra security guards  for a large health trust which covers central london and east london. I travel all over by tube to check on them and believe me the streets are really quiet. Underground quiet.

Now it's just key workers.

Late night party's are lurking. With no bars open to show off, back door party's are becoming the norm. Here in Kamala Beach it seems when everyone is flying high, they get on their motorbikes between midnight and 3am and let them rip on Hua Khuan Tai Road. With no police around the roads are crazy now. No helmets, loud exhaust. It's becoming lawless around here. Surprising no accidents that I know of here. yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Have you seen a mandate that states you can't have a friend over to visit?  What about if they stay 10 metres away at all times?  Please show me where the gov't has said that having anyone over to visit is a crime. 

That's the thing ... social distancing ... has been strongly advised.

But ppl prefer to see mandates, in writing, black on white, enforced by law.

Anyway's, everything closed now, curfew kicks in, military on the road ... until the last person get's it.

Just now, Solinvictus said:

Oh how much all these negative comments welcome the loss of personal liberty.

Let us now all welcome the draconian state! You after all deserve it.

Too bad for both sides of the argument.

It is too bad for both sides. I fully agree. I also love to live free and get on with my life.

But that's how it works, unfortunately.

I had enough parties for the past few years in Thailand, can I stop it for a moment, seeing and following all the other countries going into

very strict lockdown already ... yes. Not a problem.  I can party later again. 

Come on, having a roof top party with 5 prostitutes & 8 guys, drugs etc. As if nothing is going on. I don't know ???? 

They already have announced yesterday, or a day before, that the police chief is on his way to Phuket. It was all over the news.

• Like 1