Where to renew at these days an expired Thai ID Card?

As normal Thai Citizen need their ID Card for nearly everything what have to do with government offices.

This is not a different for the new 5000 Baht Schemes which started a few days ago. My wife applied but

get quite fast a feedback that her ID Card is not valid (expired). We checked, was correct, unfortunately

the card expired 1 day before applying for the scheme. 

For renewing is normal the provincial office responsible but at these days everything closed.

Anybody knows what alternative we can use to renew the ID Card, may be some head office in Bangkok?

I'd suggest phoning up your village headman and ask for a contact to the local government and ask them.

I'm lucky that the 'big family' has members in local government, police, marine police, army, banks... but if you lack those connections then the local headman should be able to connect you with someone in local government to answer your question. 

Not sure which Amphoes are offering all services.

Not sure about now but there are places other than the Amphoes the were renewing Thai ID cards. My wife did hers at a booth located at Big C here.

29 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Do you not have to go to the amphoe your wife is registered at to get a new I'd card. Sure that's what we had to do when we lived in BKK had to travel back to Khon Kaen to get her Id card renewed

No

That changed years ago.

1 hour ago, john terry1001 said:
1 hour ago, rwill said:

Does age have anything to do with it?  My wife's says lifelong.  

lifelong for your first renewal after you reach the age of sixty.

Although sometimes they can still request you replace the card with a new one, especially if the surface or electronic 'chip' is damaged and becomes difficult to read.