BANGKOK
webfact

Sorry folks! Alcohol will not kill the virus - in fact it might just kill you quicker!

News Flash:

Anybody standing still is probably dead because they died from being bored stiff....more to follow

Take a listen to Joe Diffie's Prop me up besides the jukebox, if I die...

Yes more to the point Alcoholism will kill you because of liver failure.  Anything can kill you....just saying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

News Flash:

Anybody standing still is probably dead because they died from being bored stiff....more to follow

Take a listen to Joe Diffie's Prop me up besides the jukebox, if I die...

Yes more to the point Alcoholism will kill you because of liver failure.  Anything can kill you....just saying

I dont think alcoholism is the point at all.

10 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Are you telling me that the virus could survive in the mouth of a lao khao drinker,well i don't beleive it.

Maybe it can't, but I've never seen anyone snorting lao khao up their nose or rinsing their eyes with it!

From what I've read, it requires an alcohol content of 65% or greater to kill the virus. There's a number of spirits available that have that amount of alcohol in them. Since we're told that the virus initially lodges in the throat for a few days before moving down to the lungs, what could it hurt to quaff a toddy of one of these before you go to bed at night?

https://www.foodandwine.com/drinks/12-worlds-strongest-liquors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai authorities have been quick to scotch rumors circulating on Thai social media that drinking beer and spirits can kill the Covid-19 virus. 

Be fair, this lot look for lottery numbers in tree stumps and two headed cows and believe amulets protect you from car accidents so alcohol to kill a virus wold seem quite plausible to a lot of them

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Maybe it can't, but I've never seen anyone snorting lao khao up their nose or rinsing their eyes with it!

Ud be suprised.👀🚀

25 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Just watch one of those pick ups full of construction workers on their way back home, when it stops outside the market in the evening!

• Haha 1