Sorry folks! Alcohol will not kill the virus - in fact it might just kill you quicker!

webfact

Folks ethanol and methanol. You wan't to be consuming the latter. 

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

From what I've read, it requires an alcohol content of 65% or greater to kill the virus. There's a number of spirits available that have that amount of alcohol in them. Since we're told that the virus initially lodges in the throat for a few days before moving down to the lungs, what could it hurt to quaff a toddy of one of these before you go to bed at night?

https://www.foodandwine.com/drinks/12-worlds-strongest-liquors

65% alc/vol. Where and what is it?

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Folks ethanol and methanol. You wan't to be consuming the latter. 

65% alc/vol. Where and what is it?

Just give me a bottle of Bacardi 151 Proof, or better yet some EverClear.  I can spike my water melon with the EverClear.....

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

thank you ... i'm p_issed now and same will happen tomorrow. everyday. just sit here from 9.30am and drink p_iss all day 

yes when you believe that things are run right it does turn out to be a nightmare and alcohol does take the sting away from the view of how things are as they are believed to be versus what they really are....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

yes when you believe that things are run right it does turn out to be a nightmare and alcohol does take the sting away from the view of how things are as they are believed to be versus what they really are....

stop smoking that stuff .... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

stop smoking that stuff .... 

Nothing but wine in my repertoire, and my wine cellar is full, and so is my list of dramas, and opera's.  Life is good.....Mozart on the turntable right now as I relax on my balcony and look out over Bangkok....My treadmill will be used once again in the morning for my workout since lumpini is closed....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nothing but wine in my repertoire, and my wine cellar is full, and so is my list of dramas, and opera's.  Life is good.....Mozart on the turntable right now as I relax on my balcony and look out over Bangkok....My treadmill will be used once again in the morning for my workout since lumpini is closed....

Yea ,sounds good man,thinking of re watching Fargo the series,did Ozark [new series] in 2 nights,won't say anything case you have not seen it have a good one bro.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't care, I like it, I'm doing it.

I'm waiting for them to announce having sex with your partner, watching TV or using the internet are all banned.

Sex is allowed, providing you observe the 1 meter distancing. How you manage that is your problem.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Yea ,sounds good man,thinking of re watching Fargo the series,did Ozark [new series] in 2 nights,won't say anything case you have not seen it have a good one bro.

Enjoy. Live each day as if it was your last.  

Dr Khajornsak Kaewjaras  needs to go back and retake Chemistry.  Ethanol is what is in "alcoholic drinks".  Beer, Gin, Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch etc.

My experience is drinking since about 1952 and graduating with a BS in Chemistry from University of Washington in Seattle in 1961.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Gulping down Ethyl Alcohol or Ethanol (95% alcohol) to kill the virus at the back of the throat was also a very silly idea as it could kill you in double quick time

Just gargle and gob it out then .. 

16 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

Dr Khajornsak Kaewjaras  needs to go back and retake Chemistry.  Ethanol is what is in "alcoholic drinks".  Beer, Gin, Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch etc.

My experience is drinking since about 1952 and graduating with a BS in Chemistry from University of Washington in Seattle in 1961.

Yes methanol is the dangerous one,still i would not fancy downing a bottle of that blue alcohol.

Edited by marko kok prong
remove letter wrong spelling.

Mr Trump thinks a anti-malarial drug is the panacea for Covid 19. Is he right? Just in case, I take a nightly dose of quinine now in numerous gin and tonics.

Edited by Mayhem11