Report from Makro, fuel

Peterw42

10 minutes ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

Why do people shop at Makro? The prices are almost always higher than prices at Big C! I have been comparing prices for months, they are not cheap.

Quite true, but they have a better Butchery/Fish counter than our Tesco so we go there and whilst in the store we will pick up other items we need. rather than multi store shopping, saves on stress and fuel. In short, convenience.

I haven't read through many of the posts and forgive me if this has been suggested, but another reason for closing off much of these stores may be to keep down on the amount of area that has to be regularly sanitized. The more area where people can roam around and touch things, the more area there is to be overlooked when trying to make the place safe. 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 7:21 AM, LennyW said:

I was wondering about the reasoning behind that, seem rather odd!

I think they wish to avoid bad competition to other simple stores (no supermarkets , Tesco lotus has those area ribbon closed …) who needed to close 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

I haven't read through many of the posts and forgive me if this has been suggested, but another reason for closing off much of these stores may be to keep down on the amount of area that has to be regularly sanitized. The more area where people can roam around and touch things, the more area there is to be overlooked when trying to make the place safe. 

Watch in the coming months...I bet more and more things in stores get restricted including food....

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Interesting while at Makro today, I learned you can buy anything you want online from them and as long as its over 1000 baht they'll deliver it.

I too was at a Makro today. They were selling masks. Had to provide my passport also. Not the N95 ones but those regular somewhat cheap looking ones. Only 10 THB for 4 of them but I need to double check on that. They were really cheap though. Figured to stock up. Also, they had jugs of hand sanitizer that seems to leave the skin quite smooth while having 70% alcohol in it. Just put it in dispensers. Was 550 Thb.

Yeah, I'll probably get Makro delivered now along with my WishBeer order! Cheers.