Thailand announces 104 new COVID-19 cases, total of 505 patients now discharged

webfact

s2.reutersmedia copy.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

Thailand on Thursday announced 104 new coronavirus cases, and 3 deaths, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 1,875.

Thailand also announced a further 59 people had been discharged having made a full recovery.

This brings the total number of people who have been discharged to 505.

To date, 15 people have died from COVID-19 in Thailand. 

More details to follow...

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-02

More dodgy numbers, or are the social distancing measures actually starting to work?

Let's hope it's the latter!

According to the papers this morning, the measures in the UK have reduced R0 from 2.6 down to just 0.62, a level at which the contagion will fizzle out. I really hope that Thailand is following a similar path.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Australia has population ~25mill.

They have tested 260,000

How many tests have Thailand done.

So they tested 1% of the population ?? 

Not very good is it...

Best in the world though, according to Scotty M..

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/virus-testing-rate-best-in-world-morrison-c-948784

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Absolutely no chance, the economy can’t stand halt for that long and the infection figures are low and steady. 

that would be a massively disproportionate response 

Trump says quarter of a million US citizens will die in the next 2 weeks in a best case scenario and distancing measures are adhered to. This is not hysteria. They don't shut down countries for no reason. Thailand won't be opening bars again anytime soon- expect November time for rules to begin to be relaxed at the very earliest. It will be many years before normality resumes.  

22 minutes ago, Toany said:

The figures are meaningless, unless you know how many tests were carried out

14 minutes ago, LeNata said:

Only in Thailand: the virus has stopped having an exponential increase. It has "thailandized" itself, becoming unique and rejecting foreign standards.

or possibly, now too lazy to make the effort. ????

10 minutes ago, mrwinner said:

Trump says quarter of a million US citizens will die in the next 2 weeks in a best case scenario and distancing measures are adhered to. This is not hysteria. They don't shut down countries for no reason. Thailand won't be opening bars again anytime soon- expect November time for rules to begin to be relaxed at the very earliest. It will be many years before normality resumes.  

Mate, don’t start a sentence with “Trump says!”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Mate, don’t start a sentence with “Trump says!”

Even taking 1/10th of the US estimate, it is worrying times. Especially since there is no full lockdown/curfews in places like US and Thailand yet. 

numbers are not matching lockdowns on this scale, you are already seeing rebellion  articles in Europe, here with no human rights, meaning no mass testing same Germany, US, S.Korea, then they will be looking, and knowing they can’t keep the lockdowns in this way for too long, easing up will have to happen April into May,

it will still take,  weeks/months for people overall to get used to post-Wuhan virus, but this game of restricting people and controlling cash handouts for popularity stakes will become tiresome to the masses very quickly

that’s not to downplay those at high risk, or forget hygiene practices and safe distance practices, those things, I am

sure will stay will people for a lot longer,

this anti-human rights regime will never care enough, for people to actually keep on top of a virus spread like this, they will be too much questioning of job losses, crashing of economy for it to keep like this for much longer,

all they did was hide behind the more media popular pandemic places of Iran, Italy, London and New York, they faked caring for 1 month with these procedures copying other countries, and still the numbers everyday are comical, it’s sad for those that have lost lives, or infected

living with copy cat communists will never see fair systems in the country, let’s hope the new dawn will eventually bring about a change of system by the masses 

Edited by humbug
  • Like 2

What's the latest with possible curfew in Thailand. I realize Phuket has already.

The Thai gf telling me the jungle drums suggesting 10pm to 4am. Across the board. Possible? She is often correct sadly.

Edited by DrJack54

was talking to the misses, who said lots of cases in Thailand and going to get messy in country areas. Also said most people cant afford the 8500B fee for test (dont know of any truth in that), so they are being told they have pneumonia and get sent home with rest and drugs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This Covid is getting really boring, Thailand is now on the ground, I was surprised by the information that the government is willing to give 5,000 Baht for the duration of 3 months to 3 million people who, due to the virus, have lost their job, when the number of beneficiaries was increased to 9 million I was even more surprised.
But what I ask myself, is it possible that a ministry does not know the situation of its citizens? According to my estimate, workers without social insurance are certainly more than 20 million, how do you plan to secure them all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrwinner said:

Is anything ever normal in Thailand based on usual world norm's? 

world