Thailand announces 104 new COVID-19 cases, total of 505 patients now discharged

webfact

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Thanks, I found Roser's twitter. He is right, high quality data is essential to fighting this thing. Politicians and other assorted roadblocks must step aside. 

They didn't alter the data from MoPH as far as I can see, but they took out the pending test figures from the Thai documents. There was a large drop in them in the last one, yet no matching rise in confirmations. Logically this means they kicked people out of the testing queue by changing the criteria to get tested. It is my guess this is why they now started suppressing the information.

Or maybe they just got fed up with me yapping about them in TVF.

EDIT: Dr Roser's effort in gathering data can be seen here: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

I have to say that I don't particularly follow the Thai figures from Thai sources. Your logic is sound, of course. I wonder if they have been corrected now? Keep up your good work, I say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simtemple said:

Herd Immunity in Sweden has resulted in 308 deaths so far. 

And is an issue with neighbouring Finland and Norway that have implemented measures. The end result is Sweden will be isolated for a long while. Not to mention another demographic change towards the immigrants that are young becoming more dominant. They really hate their own.

1 hour ago, todlad said:

I have to say that I don't particularly follow the Thai figures from Thai sources. Your logic is sound, of course. I wonder if they have been corrected now? Keep up your good work, I say.

Well, today the dumbed down version is the same as the version without the _1:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no90-020463.pdf

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no90-020463_1.pdf

Neither now has the pending figures. Internet Archive has an original report so they can't deny deleting the pending test figure. Funny that they still produce two sets of files.

Edited by DrTuner

23 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

So, is Norway a good example to follow? Or South Korea who proved mass testing is the only way to stop the virus, as the enemy becomes visible.

How does testing stop the virus ?  It will tell you who has or has had it .  A person tested today may get infected the next day . To make testing effective every household to be tested once a week ?  South Korea learnt from their SARS experience and were fast out of the blocks and developed detection kits that are being sold around the globe .  The UK virus team seemed obstinate to learn from China and SK and  instead went for the " Herd " theory where the logic is that most 40 years and younger people would develop an immunity at the cost of lives to the older generation . Schools remained opened as well as most public places . Their strategy was attacked by scientists , mathematicians and microbiologists . Now taken a U turn and in the catch up mode . Cannot blame Boris as he is purely a messenger but the medical advisers and I suspect also suspect Dominic Cummings  have acted irresponsibly .