How is your Thai Wife responding to the Coronavirus?

Kinnock

Going out seldom happens, but we had 2 errands today.....First one she sat in the car & had an alcohol sprayer ready for my hands, steering wheel, and forearms.....Then Makro - she notices a big group of people waiting by a door (to buy masks) and had to ask to make sure she wasn't missing out....Inside we alcohol the cart & away we go....Also used a couple of spritzes from those placed around + after getting in the car.....Get home, marching orders are showers, and clothes immediately in the wash.....

We initially bought food for about a month (4 ppl) & refreshed veggies today....My gal is happy at home, tending her garden, housework, and watching a few movies.....She's  cautious about being around others and happy housebound....

The girls (19/12) are learning new recipes both western and Thai as well as small crafty type projects.....We'll have a movie night from dvds, a pizza (we make from scratch), for a pizza & pipes night - karaoke....And play some card games....

The 7 cats really don't give a sh*t as they have 4 floors to tolerate us humans while waiting for their next feeding.....

I'm the antsy one & will jump on the bicycle for a few k's when the aqi agrees....They use the elliptical & we all use light weights, stretch, light calisthenics since there isn't much else to do....

She takes every precaution to protect us....

I'm kind of a semi germophobic type anyway, not extreme, just cautious - almost died from pneumonia once & that heightened my wariness....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

@Kinnock I totally relate to the multiple Thai female persona's 

I've got a pseudo Thai wife, since she grew up in the US, but checks all the boxes from axe murderer to Mother Theresa, so I guess its genetic rather than cultural!

On the COVID thing, she's gone into overdrive Mother Theresa mode. I work for an airline, so every morning I'm checked, and I mean quite literally, that I have in my possession, my face masks, sanitizer and gloves before I can leave the house. I also get the multiple message throughout the day to remind me to wash my hands.

Now I should add, she's a Defense Dept employee who's been working from home for the past 3 weeks and is on the verge of bat sh**t crazy at this point

....so Mother Theresa may well be at the tipping point for Axe Murderer mode

Yes, interesting case study, thanks for posting - so it's in their genes ..... and I'm glad that is. ????

Salgoodman. We were well beyond avoidant of large crowds and OCD about hygiene before it was trendy.  We're also younger and maintain reasonably healthy lifestyles. Cool, calm, collected, socially responsible and based in logic, with me around. ????

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She protects her investment. That makes a lot of sense.

My gf also makes sure I don't go into crowded places like the market. She goes, her immune system is better than mine.

Take care and let her take care of you. That's what Thai girls are all about.

I wish I had a Thai girlfriend.  As it is, I've had a Thai wife for 41 years.  She takes care of me but I don't mess with her. :shock1:

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My wife is making masks at her sewing shop, was making them for 'Govt' they were paying 10 baht per dozen, she is now making them for herself and selling them for 20 baht each, going to work a bit later, coming home earlier, out on her bike 1 hr walking 1/2 hour. meditating. most nights cooking for me. Using the food available on the land more, wild spinach, the center from young banana trees, she also has her eye on a red ant nest high in the mango tree. Asleep by 9.30 pm. Snoring loudly. 

Ah, ants in the mango tree ...  been there, climbed up to pick them ...  Came down really fast.  Same with a coconut palm, but black ants.  Red leaf-roller ants are mean.

18 hours ago, cdavid10 said:

Mine spends the day cussing the government for being so slow to do anything. Then she chimes in on each gov. leader to rip them apart. I don't know all that she is saying but her friends on her phone and internet seem to agree with all she is rattling about. Sounds like the Thais have had it with their government.

My wife wants nothing to do with the fools. She's not political, just doesn't like morons.  There are days when she's not particularly enamored of me.  :cheesy:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cdavid10 said:

Mine spends the day cussing the government for being so slow to do anything. Then she chimes in on each gov. leader to rip them apart. I don't know all that she is saying but her friends on her phone and internet seem to agree with all she is rattling about. Sounds like the Thais have had it with their government.

Let me guess, she thinks her fugitive criminal hero would have done everything so much better...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let me guess, she thinks her fugitive criminal hero would have done everything so much better...

Mine says he's coming back on 6th April to save Thailand.

Which is probably why they cancelled all incoming flights.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

My wife is making masks at her sewing shop, was making them for 'Govt' they were paying 10 baht per dozen, she is now making them for herself and selling them for 20 baht each,

mine is making them also   750 for a pack of five. quite nice designs actually. advertising to thais in dubai, and then sending to their families wherever they may be in thailand.  

in terms of handling the existence of the actual disease I do worry about the lack prevention is better than cure approach. At least it sounds that way. ie there's no one near us with the virus so its not too much to worry about, until its too late!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, pgrahmm said:

She's sad and staring through our glass front door....

I told her not to worry, or be sad - that I'll let her back inside when the 14 days are up....

You sir are a star, i'd like to take my hat off to you.

• Thanks 1

So, I'm now coming down to the realization that this has something to do with my preference in women, and a good one I must say/

So my Thai son, who lives in Denver, actually works for my eldest daughter and they live in the same apartment building, have been comparing notes.

It appears both their Mothers have devolved into the paranoid crazy Mom.

Now my American ex never had the full range of persona's that my Thai wife has, but maybe in these troubled times I think Mom's regardless of culture or nationality really revert to very basic protective instincts.

I don't often fall back on gender or racial stereotypes, but this maybe on a serious note somewhat different.

I did a group video chat with both my American daughters and my Thai son, and their experiences with their Mothers was very similar.

It ranged from concern to outright panic.

I know we all joke about Thai women and their 'emotions' but talking to the kids it kinda brought it home to me how much men don't really understand that bond women have with the children they bring into the world.

We love them for sure, but it's a much deeper bond that the woman who has that has brought them into the world has, and with all of this going on, I'm maybe finally being to understand that

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Thai wife responds in a calm way, our life is just as normal except for wearing masks and cleaning our hands a bit more often.

Happy I am not married to some crazy one, being full of fear and cleaning stuff all the time, drama, wasting time by doing facebook and tiktok challenges.

Start to notice more and more often how sober Thais still are compared to Westerners, not buying into all the climate nonsense, fear etc etc etc.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

My wife is an extremely social person, so she hasn't really reacted well to being isolated.  In addition to long, long phone calls, and loud conversations with the neighbor across the street, she has been waylaying delivery people and engaging them in long talks about random stuff!  ????

• Like 1

Since her physical social contacts have been have been interrupted a bit, spends most of the time lying in the shaded sun with our dogs, on her phone of course. She's jealous of my mask collection. What else? Oh, she's drinking a glass of yadong a day, someone told her it was a good idea. Catching up on the work around here, clearing the weeds etc.. I've a very strict adherence to the no working provision in my retirement extension, only fools and horses work, ha!

Edited by nausea
More info.

Well ,she runs most mornings around where we live ,no longer meets up with the club and goes on runs , the garden has had so much work done on it ,nothing left to do ,the house is like a new pin,shinning , our walking machine has developed a funny noise,dare not get the guy in to fix it ,he would have to be sanitized head to toe , as is everything we touch when out shopping .

the car has been washed ,yet again ,wife hates Thai tv ,so its either on her mobile ,2 hours to her sister last night. to be honest i get worn out just watching her ,but i do make her a cup of tea now and again .

• Like 1