BANGKOK
Kinnock

How is your Thai Wife responding to the Coronavirus?

On 4/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, pgrahmm said:

She's sad and staring through our glass front door....

I told her not to worry, or be sad - that I'll let her back inside when the 14 days are up....

You sir are a star, i'd like to take my hat off to you.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So, I'm now coming down to the realization that this has something to do with my preference in women, and a good one I must say/

So my Thai son, who lives in Denver, actually works for my eldest daughter and they live in the same apartment building, have been comparing notes.

It appears both their Mothers have devolved into the paranoid crazy Mom.

Now my American ex never had the full range of persona's that my Thai wife has, but maybe in these troubled times I think Mom's regardless of culture or nationality really revert to very basic protective instincts.

I don't often fall back on gender or racial stereotypes, but this maybe on a serious note somewhat different.

I did a group video chat with both my American daughters and my Thai son, and their experiences with their Mothers was very similar.

It ranged from concern to outright panic.

I know we all joke about Thai women and their 'emotions' but talking to the kids it kinda brought it home to me how much men don't really understand that bond women have with the children they bring into the world.

We love them for sure, but it's a much deeper bond that the woman who has that has brought them into the world has, and with all of this going on, I'm maybe finally being to understand that

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My Thai wife responds in a calm way, our life is just as normal except for wearing masks and cleaning our hands a bit more often.

Happy I am not married to some crazy one, being full of fear and cleaning stuff all the time, drama, wasting time by doing facebook and tiktok challenges.

Start to notice more and more often how sober Thais still are compared to Westerners, not buying into all the climate nonsense, fear etc etc etc.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

My wife is an extremely social person, so she hasn't really reacted well to being isolated.  In addition to long, long phone calls, and loud conversations with the neighbor across the street, she has been waylaying delivery people and engaging them in long talks about random stuff!  👄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since her physical social contacts have been have been interrupted a bit, spends most of the time lying in the shaded sun with our dogs, on her phone of course. She's jealous of my mask collection. What else? Oh, she's drinking a glass of yadong a day, someone told her it was a good idea. Catching up on the work around here, clearing the weeds etc.. I've a very strict adherence to the no working provision in my retirement extension, only fools and horses work, ha!

Edited by nausea
More info.

sleeping, eating, watching Thai soaps, using Facebook, market for more food, eating, sleeping.  No, I have detected no difference in her behaviour from normal. Bless her. 

Well ,she runs most mornings around where we live ,no longer meets up with the club and goes on runs , the garden has had so much work done on it ,nothing left to do ,the house is like a new pin,shinning , our walking machine has developed a funny noise,dare not get the guy in to fix it ,he would have to be sanitized head to toe , as is everything we touch when out shopping .

the car has been washed ,yet again ,wife hates Thai tv ,so its either on her mobile ,2 hours to her sister last night. to be honest i get worn out just watching her ,but i do make her a cup of tea now and again .

• Like 1