Covid-19 can attack the brain and heart, expert says

webfact

Covid-19 can attack the brain and heart, expert says

By The Nation

800_328872060638960.jpg?v=1585807591

Dr Teerawat Hemachuta, File Photo

The new coronavirus (Covid-19) can damage not only the lungs and respiratory system but also the brain and heart, a case in China reveals.

Dr Teerawat Hemachuta, the head of the Information Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases at Chulalongkorn University, posted on his Facebook account that there was a case of Covid-19 in China in which the patient had fever, headache and drowsiness.

An investigation found Covid-19 in the cerebrospinal fluid and the virus also damaged the patient's medulla oblongata leading to difficulty in breathing.

On March 31, there was a report of a patient with encephalitis like an influenza patient, abnormality in the central brain and acute haemorrhagic necrotizing encephalopathy caused by an immune system that struggled to chase down the virus, he said.

Therefore, Covid-19 cases may point to not only abnormality in the lungs but also the brain and maybe the heart too, Teerawat said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385268

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-02

One of the biggest failures of the usurpers and Thais in general has been the management of PR. Which is strange as they are getting help from CCP Xinhua. Seems everybody must get some yelp in.

Get one trusted spokesperson to do it daily, a Dr. Fauci of Thailand. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I wonder if the flu virus can do the same. Anyone knows?

Well I know personally of one person who had paralysis due to nerve damage caused by flu.  Her doctor said viruses can effect some people in different ways.

But one person effected in the OP, and it's news??

13 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

Would be interesting to know if the patient in this case had some other disease like MS which is known to damage the blood brain barrier.

If COVID-19 can cross this filter without another existing illness then I think we would already know about it.

It could be the cytokine storm (over reaction of immune system) generated by the virus that causes these symptoms rather than the virus itself but the effects are the same either way.

It is believed that Spanish Flu caused a massive cytokine storm especially in younger patients with stronger immune systems. That in turn lead to bacterial pneumonia which caused most of the deaths. British army doctors who performed autopsies on some of the soldiers who died reported massive lung damage the likes of which they had only seen in poison gas victims.  I think we are seeing something similar in COVID patients except that it kills the old more than the young and they are dying of viral pneumonia, rather than bacterial pneumonia, and kidney failure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Farang said:

Okay, so if I buy a doctor's jacket, wear sunglasses while working indoors,  and put my hand on the table in a methodical way,  then I must be a professional and you can believe my lies.

Yes. We should give it a go, no? Maybe we can earn some extra income. 

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Thank you for all the surveys. The purpose of my post was to show that they report everything about the corona disease that scars people, not caring if it is not new or very uncommon or of any meaning.

Don't be scared, don't believe everything. And remember: being scared does not protect you and does not make the situation any better.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Therefore, Covid-19 cases may point to not only abnormality in the lungs but also the brain and maybe the heart too, Teerawat said.

Some experts had better be quiet.
Speech is silver, but silence is golden .

And then to attack the brain, it would still be necessary to have one .

My brain has been severely damaged by the ping pong antics of the players in this game, who can never make a sane decision, and waffle at every turn.  Just make a freaking decision and stick with it..  Going back to my bottle of Rook's Lane Shiraz from my wine cellar....enjoy folks, the days are to be lived one day at a time. Enjoy them while you can...