Bangkok's canal boats armed against virus

webfact

Canal boats armed against virus

By THE NATION

800_06cbeba2d53fa02.jpg?v=1585815384

Bangkok’s canal ferry service is joining other city transport providers in ramping up measures to combat coronavirus.

4I1A0898%20copy.jpg

Marine Department officials on Thursday (April 2) checked passengers on the Saen Saep Canal route, handing out alcohol-base sanitisers to travellers as they boarded the boats.

4I1A0904%20copy.jpg

Meanwhile, the service operator has arranged seating so that passengers must sit 1 metre apart, in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

4I1A0935%20copy.jpg

Public announcements at all ferry stops are asking passengers to wear face masks and stand at least 1 metre apart while they are waiting for the boats.

4I1A0929%20copy.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385279

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-02

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, Andy from Kent said:

I could kick myself that I've never managed to tour around the back ways of Bangkok on the canal boats.    Must be interesting.

Not at the moment though. The thought of possibly being thrown in a quarantine jail due to having a slightly elevated temperature doesn't sound very appealing.

...but are they checking the temperature after cruising the fetid sewers of the canals? Probably more chance of catching something worse than Covid-19 from the spray and splashes of the canal!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Probably more chance of catching something worse than Covid-19 from the spray and splashes of the canal!

Now would be a good time to drain and clean the canals of all of the gunk and the junk that gets thrown in them.  That is what happens in Paris every few years and they find all kinds of things including safes (metal ones not the other kind), guns, bicycles, old bottles (usually empty but maybe returnable), among other things.

'nuf sed.

13 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Now would be a good time to drain and clean the canals of all of the gunk and the junk that gets thrown in them.  That is what happens in Paris every few years and they find all kinds of things including safes (metal ones not the other kind), guns, bicycles, old bottles (usually empty but maybe returnable), among other things.

'nuf sed.

I mentioned this earlier. While everywhere is shut down, with so many out of work, why not get them out on the streets, the canals, the drains, etc and have a damm good clean and repair. Was in both Bangkok and Pattaya a few weeks ago, first time for a long time. Really showed how dirty and decrepid the places were with no people about 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, Andy from Kent said:

I could kick myself that I've never managed to tour around the back ways of Bangkok on the canal boats.    Must be interesting.

you get splashed by some very filthy water in your eyes so not recomended without hazmat suit

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

I mentioned this earlier. While everywhere is shut down, with so many out of work, why not get them out on the streets, the canals, the drains, etc and have a damm good clean and repair. Was in both Bangkok and Pattaya a few weeks ago, first time for a long time. Really showed how dirty and decrepid the places were with no people about 

they do, you see chain gangs of prisoners used to dig out the cerap ..i have seen treasure hunters digging up coins and gold bits from them as well .divers dive in the chowpya for items

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they do, you see chain gangs of prisoners used to dig out the cerap ..i have seen treasure hunters digging up coins and gold bits from them as well .divers dive in the chowpya for items

Search YouTube for Magnet Fishing in the Uk to see all the stuff (valuable, interesting, dangerous and otherwise) that can be retrieved from the UK waterways. Particulary near bridges and "dodgy areas"