Nine separate documents are now required

4 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

does my gf count as my landlord? she came with me a few weeks ago when i submitted my application for a 2nd extension (with letter, pics of me in the kitchen, papers from her house, id -father's-, letter of father's saying i stay there, map, and so). i got an under consideration stamp until tomorrow. i hope they dont ask me for more papers. her father will definitely not come to IO.

I am not certain but I am pretty sure if her name is on the rabien Bahn housebook they will accept her. My wife  lives with her brother who I guess owns the family house but she has signed TM30 documents for me. I am sure her father will have a very sorry foot tomorrow making it impossible for him to walk to immigration even though he was so looking forward to the trip.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, anchadian said:

Nine separate documents are now required for foreigners stranded in #Thailand to extend their stay for up to 30 days, the immigration said, on the grounds of “national security.”

Soon there won't be enough Trees and Hemp plants to make paper in Thailand. Why don't Immigration get the ok and Plant a chip in All of us . Would be easy for us and them. No more 90 day Report No more Extensions No more Immigration Office Waits for Hrs on end , Easy peasy. They than Know Where we are 24/7. They also could do it with the Phone chip but than the smart <deleted> Like Me won't take their Phone with them. ????

13 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Very true, most if not all other countries have granted automatic extensions a week or 2 ago. 

Very poor actions have been taken, causing stress and danger for a lot of foreigners and danger to immigration officers.

And everybody on public transport as they travel too and fro

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

If I was a tourist with no ties here, i would just overstay, pay the fine at the airport and never come back.....

There is still a risk of getting caught on overstay and being sent to IDC

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Soon there won't be enough Trees left i

It’s ok immigration recycle paper. Next time they give you a written piece of information, check on the back it’s probably got some tourists passport bio page printed on it...555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Soon there won't be enough Trees and Hemp plants to make paper in Thailand. Why don't Immigration get the ok and Plant a chip in All of us . Would be easy for us and them. No more 90 day Report No more Extensions No more Immigration Office Waits for Hrs on end , Easy peasy. They than Know Where we are 24/7. They also could do it with the Phone chip but than the smart <deleted> Like Me won't take their Phone with them. ????

I'm sure that we will all be required to have a smartphone with the app on soon.  No need for an ankle bracelet and a lot cheeper for them

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

I really feel sorry for all those Tourists.

I could be wrong but I don’t think these requirements are necessary for the normal tourist who are here on visa exempt or tourist visa. A normal tourist gets automatic first extension. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Surely the Embassies can step in and highlight this lunacy......I was down in Jomtien the other day and it was a mess..... queued for over an hour and then was turned away and told come next week.......it'll be a miracle if there is not a mass outbreak of Covid from one of the IO offices.....and then they'll blame the foreigners..

If I was a tourist with no ties here, i would just overstay, pay the fine at the airport and never come back.....

If the overstay is less than 90 days - nothing prevents you legally from coming back.

• Like 1